PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian Pull

DJ Buk
03-04-14, 4:10 pm
I saw a video of all those crazy guys at Animal doing Bulgarian Pulls and it really struck me as something I NEED to do. Out here in Afghanistan we have limited equipment but I thought I would give it a shot with what equipment we had (dumbbells, and a smith machine.) I fell in love. I will post a video later, but do you think that using a smith machine and dumbbells is a viable substitute for a squat rack with the appropriate harness and the Hex bar?

DJ Buk
03-05-14, 5:04 pm
Video link.....http://youtu.be/9L7XghJzEUc

If someone could shed some light on how to embed a video without having to just post the link that would be great.

rainman
03-05-14, 5:44 pm
The Bobby Fields video? That's probably one of the most mental Cage lifts I've ever seen.

There's a guy in my gym who still hack squats using the Smith machine as that was all they had when he was in the Marines. He has used DBs at the same time I believe, although I haven't seen him do it. He usually uses one of those pad things over the bar to help with balance on the back.

DJ Buk
03-05-14, 7:23 pm
Oh no the video I posted was a video of my attempt at the lift. I mean I guess it can work it seems like it is the same movement and push/pulling force. The lift definitely makes you feel like a beast thats for sure, all though I was getting a crazy look from the other guy in the gym at the time hahaha. Not to mention some other dude that could not figure out the point of it, but I hopefully set him straight.