PDA

View Full Version : strip training

zasker
03-08-14, 11:46 am
hi guys,

ive just got back from training, i hit traps and shoulders today and i hit em hard.

i got to the end of my planned workout and i wasn't completely fatigued so i thought to hell with it lets try this strip training i heard about. I heard about it on BB.com in that new arnold schwaznegger's training plan named 'blue print'

basically its do your 1rm then take some plates off do some more reps to failure take plates off and keep doing that till your left with just the bar. so i decided to give this ago with barbell shrugs, i loaded up with 120kg and managed to squeeze out 2 reps and worked down to the bar taking off 10kg each time i hit failure, so in essence it was like one hell of a drop set.

could anyone say if this is a good way to train or if this would overtrain the targeted muscle? if its a good way to train i imagine it would be great for the core lifts.

cheers...

zasker

Cellardweller
03-08-14, 1:51 pm
Sounds like an awesome way to shock the shit out of your body. I wouldn't do it more than once every 3 or 4 weeks. I bet that naked bar kicked your ass.

zasker
03-08-14, 3:57 pm
Sounds like an awesome way to shock the shit out of your body. I wouldn't do it more than once every 3 or 4 weeks. I bet that naked bar kicked your ass.

Yeah it kicked my ass, i managed 4 reps with just the bar.

Like you said im gonna do it every now and then to shock the target muscle, i reckon it will help avoid plateauing.

BB-FLEXPRO
03-09-14, 1:43 pm
Yeah that´s just one variation of the dropset intensity technique. I do that a lot in my workouts, all those intensity techniques have their place in a good muscle building routine! You should also try out supersets or rest pause sets and vary the rep ranges from low to medium to super high sometimes. Just give yourself a break after 3-4 weeks of using a lot of those techniques and train without it a certain period because indeed it puts a lot more stress on the body than just plain sets of 10-12. You can push your body to the edge or even push it OVER the edge sometimes with those techniques...Just make sure after you´ve done that, you give the body a break to adapt to the greater stress you just put it through. Trust me bro it will equal good gains.

Peace
Flex

zasker
03-09-14, 2:09 pm
Yeah that´s just one variation of the dropset intensity technique. I do that a lot in my workouts, all those intensity techniques have their place in a good muscle building routine! You should also try out supersets or rest pause sets and vary the rep ranges from low to medium to super high sometimes. Just give yourself a break after 3-4 weeks of using a lot of those techniques and train without it a certain period because indeed it puts a lot more stress on the body than just plain sets of 10-12. You can push your body to the edge or even push it OVER the edge sometimes with those techniques...Just make sure after you´ve done that, you give the body a break to adapt to the greater stress you just put it through. Trust me bro it will equal good gains.

Peace
Flex

thanks for the tip dude.

i guess ill keep doing this hard ass training for the next three weeks seen as im on stak, mstak and pump and when i take my week off from stake/mstak ill just casually hit the gym.

DoubleTapJak
03-14-14, 4:15 pm
I do dropsets with preacher curls every couple weeks when I'm looking for a challenge. They work best with a buddy who can strip the bar quickly for you cutting down on your rest time. By the time I work down to the bar I'm completely out of breath and yelling. Then I fall off the bench with the best pump ever. From what I've seen dropsets are wonderful strength tools as well as for growing mass.