PDA

View Full Version : Wrath's ground turkey/rice recipe

Universal Rep
03-13-14, 11:56 am
"I like white. I don’t do brown. I think it tastes like shit..." – Wrath

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qd8S_14gUk

G Diesel
03-13-14, 12:01 pm
I dig the simplicity of that recipe. Very practical.

Peace, G

N. Motta
03-13-14, 3:48 pm
Thanks for posting this. I love stuff like this.

Swolepez
03-14-14, 12:07 am
Nothing fancy, nothing expensive.... Just good ol' protein and carbs, simple to make, simple to eat.. Just the way I like it. Great vid.

Jay
03-14-14, 11:44 am
That looks really good. I just made some ground turkey using some taco seasoning but always looking for something different to add instead of taco seasoning all of the time.

Nix0r
03-14-14, 4:15 pm
That looks really good. I just made some ground turkey using some taco seasoning but always looking for something different to add instead of taco seasoning all of the time.

This has become my go-to seasoning as of late: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dp0Ng1guL._SY300_.jpg

G Diesel
03-14-14, 5:04 pm
This has become my go-to seasoning as of late: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dp0Ng1guL._SY300_.jpg

Looks awesome Nix. Note to self on that one.

Funny, but my boy Chase got me into adding pickles to all of my typical bodybuilding meals. The different taste/temperature/texture makes a world of difference when eating clean meals.

Peace, G

Enforcer
03-14-14, 6:04 pm
Simple meal, great taste, gets the job done

N. Motta
03-14-14, 8:15 pm
What's a good price for ground turkey?

Christman
03-15-14, 7:43 am
What's a good price for ground turkey?

Check Aldi if you have one near you, it's $1.69/lb in the freezer section for 85/15 here.

naturalguy
03-15-14, 9:04 am
What is great about a meal like that is that it is easy to put down, ground meat and rice goes down way easier than a whole chicken breast for example.

Jay
03-15-14, 11:53 am

Never tried it before. How is it?

TheVegetarianStrongman
03-15-14, 5:09 pm
Looks very good, very simple, and for me transitioning back into eating meat/fish/poultry this would be a meal I could actually eat without getting grossed out (former vegetarian)

N. Motta
03-15-14, 11:03 pm
Looks very good, very simple, and for me transitioning back into eating meat/fish/poultry this would be a meal I could actually eat without getting grossed out (former vegetarian)

Welcome back.

TheVegetarianStrongman
03-16-14, 3:52 pm
Welcome back.

Good to be back. Just cooked up 9 servings of this concoction, came out to 48g carbs and 49g protein each serving from 12 "servings" rice and 4lb Whole Foods ground turkey. Prepped it the same as the big guy, will definitely be a good transitional meal for me eating meat/poultry again!

Wrath
03-17-14, 12:27 pm
That's what we all need easy to cook fast meals. U can make enough for a few days and still good left over you can even add cheese makes it really good

More meals and how I make my shakes to come

Nix0r
03-17-14, 12:50 pm
Looks awesome Nix. Note to self on that one.

Funny, but my boy Chase got me into adding pickles to all of my typical bodybuilding meals. The different taste/temperature/texture makes a world of difference when eating clean meals.

Peace, G

Crazy. I've actually been doing the same, but also throwing in some beets.

Never tried it before. How is it?

I love it. It's super diverse, and has a little bit of kick to it. That + eggs so far has been awesome.

Kowboy
03-17-14, 1:32 pm
100% agree, I cannot stand brown rice...tastes like cardboard

G Diesel
03-17-14, 1:47 pm
Crazy. I've actually been doing the same, but also throwing in some beets.

Great minds. I don't have regular access to it, but I would think kimchi would be amazing for that same purpose. A lot of added flavor too.

Peace, G

Shaggy6386
03-18-14, 10:46 pm
Simple, cheap and looks delicious (that always helps). Maybe I'll try that with some lean ground beef some time.

G Diesel
03-19-14, 9:25 am

I actually like the taste of brown rice. Kind of nutty. And has more fiber. But I eat more white rice than brown on average.

Simple, cheap and looks delicious (that always helps). Maybe I'll try that with some lean ground beef some time.

Would work perfectly with lean ground beef, no doubt. Good call.

Peace, G

Shaggy6386
03-19-14, 8:11 pm

While I do agree that it's pretty nasty, one thing you can do is add some lemon juice. Hell I do that with white rice sometimes.

TheVegetarianStrongman
03-20-14, 5:22 pm
Prepping another 3 days worth of this recipe, thanks again for posting it!

Wrath
04-03-14, 6:45 pm
Prepping another 3 days worth of this recipe, thanks again for posting it!

If ur offseason when u hear t up throw some cheese on it. Then it's good