PDA

View Full Version : training routine

zasker
03-17-14, 11:52 am
hey guys,

I've received some good news at the back end of last week, im going to be starting some college courses in september :) the bad news is it means im gonna be a jobless broke ass student while i do the course so i wont be able to afford many of my sups so i need to hit my goal by then, im pretty certain my training routine will easily work for this but i just want someone to check over it and agree.

my training routine is six days a week which is a three day split twice a week and falls like this;

mon - legs
tue - shoulders and arms
wed - chest and back
thur - legs
fri - shoulders and arms
sat - chest and back
sun - active rest

its pretty solid and when i go im always varying up the reps and exercises, in fact i even vary the reps during the workouts, like today i did some heavy ass squat (well heavy for me) 120kg for 3 sets of 8 reps but then i took it down to 60kg and did 4 sets of 20 reps.

but thats the bit that concerns me, the fact that its always changing. from what i know/understand it should aid in avoiding muscle memory and plateaus and since i vary the reps from 8+ im hitting hypertrophy on some sets and going beyond in others so it should increase size and performance.

does that sound right or am i talking out my ass?

Gino
04-12-14, 6:52 am
hey guys,

I've received some good news at the back end of last week, im going to be starting some college courses in september :) the bad news is it means im gonna be a jobless broke ass student while i do the course so i wont be able to afford many of my sups so i need to hit my goal by then, im pretty certain my training routine will easily work for this but i just want someone to check over it and agree.

my training routine is six days a week which is a three day split twice a week and falls like this;

mon - legs
tue - shoulders and arms
wed - chest and back
thur - legs
fri - shoulders and arms
sat - chest and back
sun - active rest

its pretty solid and when i go im always varying up the reps and exercises, in fact i even vary the reps during the workouts, like today i did some heavy ass squat (well heavy for me) 120kg for 3 sets of 8 reps but then i took it down to 60kg and did 4 sets of 20 reps.

but thats the bit that concerns me, the fact that its always changing. from what i know/understand it should aid in avoiding muscle memory and plateaus and since i vary the reps from 8+ im hitting hypertrophy on some sets and going beyond in others so it should increase size and performance.

does that sound right or am i talking out my ass?

No your not talking out of your ass. It can happen real fast when you fall back into doing only what you know. Your routine doesn't look bad, but I would factor in a rest day between your week. You would be surprised how much a little bit of rest will help you out. How is your sleep schedule looking? Also look at doing something off the wall once a week. Like running the rack....I hope you know what that is. Good luck with it kid.

zasker
04-12-14, 7:13 am
cheers, i started it after i posted it anyways and its working well especially with my diet and supplmentation (using stak, mstak and pump)

im not sure what you mean by running the rack, i had to give it a guess is it just going along the rack with different weights until fatuiged? if so yeah i do that, but mainly im doing a lot of dropsets and training to failure and also im doing some low weight high rep training to failure as it seems to work both the fast a slow fibres.

zasker
04-12-14, 7:34 am
i forgot to mention my sleep is solid, a good 8hrs a day and 9hrs+ when i dont have work.

Swolepez
04-14-14, 7:19 pm
Your split is close to mine. I think it will be fine bro. Your getting double the amount of sleep that I'm currently getting so that's good. As long as your nutrition is on point I don't see a problem with your split. Just listen to your body and when it says you need a break or a de-load wk then take it. One thing I do is pick different exercises for the wk. so for example, I may do back twice a wk but one day is lat pull downs and pull-ups while the next session for back is close grip pull downs and close grip pull ups for width. I try not to do the same exercise twice a wk.

zasker
04-15-14, 5:10 am
Your split is close to mine. I think it will be fine bro. Your getting double the amount of sleep that I'm currently getting so that's good. As long as your nutrition is on point I don't see a problem with your split. Just listen to your body and when it says you need a break or a de-load wk then take it. One thing I do is pick different exercises for the wk. so for example, I may do back twice a wk but one day is lat pull downs and pull-ups while the next session for back is close grip pull downs and close grip pull ups for width. I try not to do the same exercise twice a wk.

i do just that and mix it up each session, as for my nutrition thats well in check 4 solid meals a post workout and two weight gainers a day :)

Swolepez
04-15-14, 7:37 am
i do just that and mix it up each session, as for my nutrition thats well in check 4 solid meals a post workout and two weight gainers a day :)

sounds like your all set then brother! are you taking a post workout product like Nitro or Torrent? I switch from Eaa Stack or Nitro and I feel they help a ton with recovery and allowing my body to be ready again for the next time i hit the same body part.

zasker
04-15-14, 1:33 pm
sounds like your all set then brother! are you taking a post workout product like Nitro or Torrent? I switch from Eaa Stack or Nitro and I feel they help a ton with recovery and allowing my body to be ready again for the next time i hit the same body part.

i was toying with the idea of taking nitro but i didnt really see the point since its a bcaa/aa supp and i take a bcaa supp intra and also have 14g bcaa, 10g glutamine post workout... ive read about nitro apparantly bypassing the liver so that all the stuff makes it into circulation? i didnt think it would make that much of a difference, does it?

as for pre workout for me i dont see the advantage, i work out at 6:30am so im fully rested however i do take pump on my way to the gym and that is really for the NO and creatine aspects... for a small period i did take beta alanine as a pre workout and it did work a fair bit but in my opinion the cost out weighed its effectivness, plus each time i took it it felt like a thousand wasps were stinging my face.