PDA

View Full Version : 495x 3 deadlift

LoneWolf45
03-22-14, 6:14 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCrIS7aDR2o

still working on my conventional form, mainly popping my hips through. any tips?

knotahumanbeing
03-23-14, 1:53 pm
I'd recommend at the beginning of the lift, keep your head and chest upward, focus on a point near the ceiling. When you bent down, you were looking down and that can cause you to round your back and lean forward in the lift, which can put undue stress on your back and increase risk of injury as your body will try to over-compensate to pull through the lift.. Your speed looked great and lower body position looked great as well. Keep up the great work.

Stay Hungry
Rob

LoneWolf45
03-23-14, 3:58 pm
Ok, i never really noticed that but i will deff give that a try. Thanks

ibnmahama
03-23-14, 8:18 pm
also to add to that, keep your arms locked out, your hands are to act as 'hooks' and nothing else. When your arms are bent like that, they end up participating in the lift and can possibly result in a biceps tear. Looking strong, keep it up.

LoneWolf45
03-23-14, 8:51 pm
also to add to that, keep your arms locked out, your hands are to act as 'hooks' and nothing else. When your arms are bent like that, they end up participating in the lift and can possibly result in a biceps tear. Looking strong, keep it up.

I did notice that when i watched the video, i had no idea that my arm was not straight.
Thanks for pointing it out, i wasnt sure if it was a problem or not, i guess it is.