PDA

View Full Version : RCAF - Road to the Belle River OPEN 10 May 14 (my second meet)

RCAF
03-27-14, 12:51 pm
Welcome Animals. I have had my first taste of competition and I have been stung by the powerlifting bug. I can't Get enough of the research, and the application of tweaking my big 3 lifts day in and day out to reach new PR's on the platform

My journey began 01 jan 14

Squat 185lbs
Deadlifts 245lbs
Bench 245lbs

These were my max efforts at my first meet in Toronto

I am currently working with

Squat 225lbs
Deadlifts 315lbs
Bench 295lbs

This was my maximum efforts in the gym last week to gain workin %'s

I am Regular Force Air Force so I do have a 9-4 job, most of my lifting is done at 0545hrs - 0715hrs and then we do UNIT PHYSICAL TRAINING (usually a type of crossfit with bodyweight excercises 4 times a week.

Also with the addition to 3 ice hockey games a week i noticed my gains slowing a bit.

my training is as such

Day 1

Flat bench
Pin Press
Floor Presss

Deadlift
1 arm dbbell rows
bent over rows
lat pulls

Day 2

OHP
BNP
side lateral raises
rear dealt work

Day 3

Squats
goblet squats
leg press
(sometimes hack squats alternated lunges) - not every day 3 though because I tend to walk like a fucking idiot for a few days after if i throw in this excercise

Rest

Repeat

Saturdays are always deadlift days, as I have a coach who travels From out of town. I highly recommend anyone who has the oppurtunity to have someone critic / analyze / record your lifts and aid your technique

I have made significant gains as you can see in just 3 months from GOING TO MY FIRST MEET AND GETTING A COACH

:) I will log (daily or erry other day) what I did in the gym on my workup towards the belle river meet -

ALL CRITISISM AND ADVICE IS APPRECIATED AND RESPECTED, IF YOU SEE SOMETHING IN THE WORKOUTS THAT CAN BE ADJUSTED / IMPROVED

PLEASE POST, THATS WHY I AM DOING THIS ..

Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.

My body weight is currently 230lbs give or take a few

RCAF
03-28-14, 9:13 am
Last night was our last ice hockey game of the year, lost in a shootout FFS

anyways

ended up hitting some deadlifts

135lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
275lbs x 5
315lbs x 4
325 lbs x 2
335 lbs x 1

I managed to then do some bent over rows with 135lbs and 2 sets of 10 pullups

this workout was just on the fly, right after hockey only had 50 mins before the goddamn gym closed

Today is bench. I will list how i did tomorow

Hope your workouts were good