PDA

View Full Version : Question about changing up routines

slicer
03-30-14, 9:43 am
I have working with The Cube for the past 2-3 weeks now. I love the changes in strength that I have been seeing so far but my joints are starting to give me some issues. I was wondering if the moving the heavy weight every day could be causing me some joint pain. What I had thought about doing is going through 1 cycle of The Cube then doing something like a GVT Upper/Lower split for 3 weeks. Was looking at alternating them but did not know how doing GVT for 3 weeks if that would kill my strength gains from The Cube. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cellardweller
03-30-14, 12:49 pm
I have working with The Cube for the past 2-3 weeks now. I love the changes in strength that I have been seeing so far but my joints are starting to give me some issues. I was wondering if the moving the heavy weight every day could be causing me some joint pain. What I had thought about doing is going through 1 cycle of The Cube then doing something like a GVT Upper/Lower split for 3 weeks. Was looking at alternating them but did not know how doing GVT for 3 weeks if that would kill my strength gains from The Cube. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe back your max weights down some for your calculations. I started The Cube last spring and did it all through summer and fall. When I started I was beat up as all hell too. I wouldn't switch programs or bounce back and forth between two different programs. What would you gain from that? Nothing wrong with taking one step back if you can then go 3 steps foreward. Give it time.

slicer
03-30-14, 8:23 pm
Maybe back your max weights down some for your calculations. I started The Cube last spring and did it all through summer and fall. When I started I was beat up as all hell too. I wouldn't switch programs or bounce back and forth between two different programs. What would you gain from that? Nothing wrong with taking one step back if you can then go 3 steps foreward. Give it time.

Thank you very much for your info Cellardweller. Do you all think that it is ok to follow a Upper/Lower since I have been lifting less than a year and am not taking anything supplements other than a multi or go with more of a typical split? At my training level would it be ok to go straight by Cube Kingpin or 5/3/1 with hypertrophy accessory work following the main lifts? I haven't really figured out if I want to go for more of a powerlifting or bodybuilding type training. Right now it is whatever to help me get back into shape after many years of neglect and being lazy as hell. Thank you all for any help you can give me

Jay Nera
03-31-14, 12:01 am
It could also be an issue with recovery. Are you eating more or the same amount as before you started that program? Sleep? Are you stretching and warming up? Foam rolling? etc etc…

Sometimes the joint are sore because many of the muscles are tight. ie..half of the time someone has a knee pain, they roll out their IT bands and poof…pain gone. Elbow pain..often in the forearms…etc.etc.

Just a different thing to consider.

slicer
03-31-14, 8:06 am
It could also be an issue with recovery. Are you eating more or the same amount as before you started that program? Sleep? Are you stretching and warming up? Foam rolling? etc etc…

Sometimes the joint are sore because many of the muscles are tight. ie..half of the time someone has a knee pain, they roll out their IT bands and poof…pain gone. Elbow pain..often in the forearms…etc.etc.

Just a different thing to consider.

Thank you very much Jay. I will have to look into that. My sleep could be an issue but I can't get anymore sleep than what I am now. I work out @ 5am before work since that is the only possible time I can work out due to having kids. I get to bed about 10p after taking my son to sleep everynight. As far as eating I am eating the same as I am trying to cut some fat. The Foam rolling could help some though as I have not done any of that. I have been wanting to pick up a foam roller to try it.