PDA

View Full Version : White Mountain Strongest Man Training/Prep Log

TheVegetarianStrongman
04-08-14, 6:18 pm
Alright my return to North American Strongman is June 14 in Littleton, NH at White Mountain Strongest Man! I haven't competed (in NAS) since my spine injury/surgery in August of 2009, this has been a goal of mine and I cannot wait to get back out there and compete!

The 5 events of the day for my weightclass as follows:
Log Clean & Press 270lb
Car Deadlift from 12"
Truck Pull 80'
Farmers Carry/Keg Carry Medley 300 farmers/330lb keg
Atlas Stone Over Bar 330lb

Only one of these events I haven't been training is the atlas stone and my previous PR on the stone was 325lb for a single to 54", but that was a long time ago, I've gotten stronger and more functional as a strongman since, so I will train ALL events but put focus into this one in particular.

My thought is to go into this hoping to walk away in the top 3, although taking 1st wouldn't be terrible either haha, and qualifying for nationals would be another goal I set post surgery that I am yet to attempt to attain, so we shall see.

June 14, 2014 it.is.fucking.ON!

TheVegetarianStrongman
04-09-14, 9:48 pm
My first training day for this event was on Monday, focus on the log press and farmers carry events. I posted that full workout in my other thread before I started this thread so I won't post all of the details, but for personal tracking and records I'll post those two specific events here:

Log Clean and Press (final set)
270/5
280/3

Farmers Carry
300/hand 45' 13 seconds
300/hand 45' 13 seconds (again)