Saturday 26 July 2014

Time:

World Gym
9481 Princeton Glendale Rd.
West Chester, OH 45011

Food:

To be determined.

What:

We (Colerain Barbell) and myself will be hosting an ABC this summer here in Cincinnati. This ABC is a charity fundraising event to support our Military. Not only do we want to get together to sling some weights, but I wanted to do something to benefit and give back to those who have so graciously served before us. Our military veterans. We will be hosting a few events from strongman, powerlifting, crossfit, that we will have registration for. Any and everyone can register for the events. Even if you don't register for the events, come on out and let's support this event doing something we all love.

100% of all proceeds/donations would go directly to 2 military charities; Brothers In Arms Foundation (A non-profit charity that provides financial and logistical support to disabled veterans, active duty, and immediate family members of Marines & FMF Corpsman who have been critically wounded or fallen while serving within the Special Operations Community of The United States Marine Corps.) & Toys For Tots ( A United States Marine Corps supported charity foundation that supplies toys to low-income families with small children within the tri-state area during the holidays).

As the months approach, I will update the post for events, registration information, food, etc. As this is for charity and nothing will be kept financially, I will be needing volunteers to help spot, run events, check in, etc.. We also will be accepting donations for prize packs for participants, whether you know someone or are someone who is willing to help send them my way. Send me any questions you may have. Thank you.

If you're not local and are wanting to donate, here is the link for our fundraising page: http://www.gofundme.com/855fyw Again 100% of all proceeds will be donated, not a penny will be kept.

Rob

MAB
04-13-14, 6:38 pm
Once a Marine always a Marine :)

Please have Steff keep me posted, Rob! I'll be there and if you guys need any help lemme know! I'm pretty sure she's got my number. I can do photos too!!

Firefist
04-13-14, 8:30 pm
Im gonna be at a strongman event up here around those weeks in july. If it aint that weekend, I'll be down there with something. If I cant be there, expect a donation still.

knotahumanbeing
04-14-14, 11:23 am
Once a Marine always a Marine :)

Please have Steff keep me posted, Rob! I'll be there and if you guys need any help lemme know! I'm pretty sure she's got my number. I can do photos too!!

That'd be awesome! Would definitely want to get a lot of photos for the event!

Im gonna be at a strongman event up here around those weeks in july. If it aint that weekend, I'll be down there with something. If I cant be there, expect a donation still.

Thanks man! I appreciate that.

G Diesel
04-14-14, 12:27 pm
Great idea and cause man.

Definitely here to support you. Stay in touch as things draw closer.

Peace, G

knotahumanbeing
04-16-14, 9:55 am
Event #1 - Bench Your body weight or Bench 225 lbs for reps (Men )& 80lbs for reps (Women)

Start: 0930
Finish:1030

Registration/Waivers are still being worked on, but we will keep everyone updated. Thanks!

Rob

Kowboy
04-23-14, 10:19 am
I can bring my camera as well and work on trying to do some video work as well. I have some ideas for posters/flyers and a commercial that we can use. 225 for reps huh....I may not get a lot but that sounds fun.

MAB
04-28-14, 12:57 pm
I can bring my camera as well and work on trying to do some video work as well. I have some ideas for posters/flyers and a commercial that we can use. 225 for reps huh....I may not get a lot but that sounds fun.

That'd be awesome! Would definitely want to get a lot of photos for the event!

Thanks man! I appreciate that.

Consider it done!

Kowboy
04-28-14, 1:36 pm
I am going to start on the flyer this week. I have a couple other projects going as well so I will do what I can and hurry it up. I just want it to be perfect. I also have to come up with a title for it. Thinking something simple like:

Train for the Troops
Break PR's for Brothers in Arms

...no idea....help me out

knotahumanbeing
04-28-14, 1:57 pm
I am going to start on the flyer this week. I have a couple other projects going as well so I will do what I can and hurry it up. I just want it to be perfect. I also have to come up with a title for it. Thinking something simple like:

Train for the Troops
Break PR's for Brothers in Arms

...no idea....help me out

hmmm.

Brothers in Iron for Brothers in Arms

Kowboy
04-28-14, 2:06 pm
cool, I can work with that.

MAB
05-25-14, 7:01 pm
Things still trucking along for this boys?

knotahumanbeing
05-28-14, 8:44 am
Things still trucking along for this boys?

Yes we are, been slammed with work and stuff, so I'll be back on the grind this week for it.

Kowboy
05-28-14, 9:04 am
Should have the flyer done this week hopefully.

knotahumanbeing
05-30-14, 11:33 am
I've talked with both charities - Brothers In Arms foundation and Toys 4 Tots. They're extremely excited for this opportunity and are committed to helping make this a success anyway they can!

Toys 4 Tots will have a donation box onsite for those who also want to bring new unopened toys to donate!!!!

I'll keep posting updates as it get's closer. Thank you everyone for your support so far!

Rob

MikeHerman
05-30-14, 12:21 pm
I should be able to make this, Rob. Hopefully I'll see you at CBB before then.

knotahumanbeing
06-03-14, 11:17 am
I should be able to make this, Rob. Hopefully I'll see you at CBB before then.

Great man! It would be awesome to have you!

knotahumanbeing
06-03-14, 11:20 am
Happy to announce we have 2 more contributing sponsors to the event!!

Mason Family Chiropractic and Recruit Military!!!!

I've updated the Facebook Event page with more information!!!

In addition to, I've had the chance to speak with both charities and they're completely on board!!

Stay Hungry
Rob

Firefist
06-03-14, 11:43 am
great news, good stuff.

Christman
06-03-14, 4:06 pm
Can't wait for this to get here, gonna be an awesome event. I'll be there.

knotahumanbeing
06-09-14, 10:42 pm
Another awesome update for the ABC military charity event. I spoke with representative from WEBN 102.7(our local rock station here in Cincinnati), they're are going to work with the community events manager to see if they'll be able come out to do a live radio spot! They've also put together a goodie bag for those that come! This is going to be a great event for two amazing charities

Chivalry
06-11-14, 6:12 pm
I'm gonna do my best to make it up there for this one. Always enjoy helping out for causes like this.

Christman
06-11-14, 6:49 pm
This is turning out to be a CAN'T MISS ABC! You are doing a hell of a job putting this together Rob, I'll be happy to help anyway that I can.

knotahumanbeing
06-12-14, 9:33 am
I'm gonna do my best to make it up there for this one. Always enjoy helping out for causes like this.

This is turning out to be a CAN'T MISS ABC! You are doing a hell of a job putting this together Rob, I'll be happy to help anyway that I can.

Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate it.

knotahumanbeing
06-12-14, 9:35 am
I can't thank Trebin enough for designing a sweet ass graphic for the event! If you follow me on Instagram, I've now posted it, as well as in the event page on Facebook. Still working on things and trying to do the best I can to make this an awesome fucking event. I appreciate and can't thank everyone enough for the support!

Rob

Kowboy
06-12-14, 10:27 am
It was no problem at all man, I am just sorry it took so long. I am very excited to get down there for this event.

tark
06-13-14, 8:34 pm
looking forward to this for sure homie and to get to see everyone...seems like it has been forever

Cellardweller
06-14-14, 1:35 pm
This needs to be pinned at the top.

MAB
06-15-14, 10:02 pm
looking forward to this for sure homie and to get to see everyone...seems like it has been forever

It had been forever and a day!

knotahumanbeing
06-17-14, 11:04 am
Another update:

Second Event - Push/Pull Event - 1000

Third event - TigerFitness.com Hummer Pull. Will start at 1100

Fourth Event - Obstacle course run (Individual or Team) Start at 1300

I should have a complete listing of all the events by this weekend and registration information. Slowly but surely, it's coming along. Thank you to everyone so far, for their support and willingness to make this an incredible event.

Rob

knotahumanbeing
06-18-14, 10:23 pm
T,his event keeps getting better and better. Lonestar Distribution and Purus Labs have just agreed to sponsor the event as well! They'll be on-site doing giveaways!! Such a blessing to have so many willing people to support this event!

Stay Hungry
Rob

MikeHerman
06-18-14, 10:52 pm
No way. Lone Star and Purus visited my work today and gave us some samples of their products. Great dudes. Awesome that they're helping out.

MAB
06-19-14, 5:26 pm
T,his event keeps getting better and better. Lonestar Distribution and Purus Labs have just agreed to sponsor the event as well! They'll be on-site doing giveaways!! Such a blessing to have so many willing people to support this event!

Stay Hungry
Rob

I love Purus Labs products! So what is this obstacle course?!?!?! FlexEm has been after us girls to do an obstacle course for a while! ABC and Obstacle Course in one?!?! Win, Win.

MAB
06-26-14, 6:49 am
Rob! I have a question... how can I get a couple Toys for Tots boxes? I had a few places that might let me put out flyers and donation boxes. Then I can bring all those donations with me the 26th :-)

knotahumanbeing
07-01-14, 2:46 pm
I know I was suppose to have the events and info to sign up posted last week for the Animal Barbell Club - Military charity event, but I've been quite overloaded trying to finalize the logistics. We have the last event designed and just need finish up the obstacle course events. I'll keep everyone updated via here and the event page. This is turning out to be a great event for two amazing charities. Thank you to all my friends who have been instrumental in helping get this squared away.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
07-04-14, 2:51 pm
Ok, so here are the events for the Animal Barbell Club - Military Charity Event. As with any ABC, you'll be able to just come out and lift, but we are doing things different hosting a variety of events to have fun and enjoy a wonderful cause. I'll need volunteers to man events/time the event. Message me if you're interested.

Event #1- Bench Your Bodyweight or Bench 225(Men) 65(Women) AMRAP - 0930

Event #2 - Push/Pull Event - 1RM Bench Press/Deadlift - 1030
Similar to that of a powerlifting event. No weight classes or anything, just sign up give an opening attempt. We'll go from there.

Event #3 - TigerFitness.com Hummer Pull for distance - 1130
Pulling a Hummer H2 for distance.

Event #4 - Obstacle Course Run (Team or Individual Event) - 1230
Still working on the logistics of this one as the gym owners are adding onto it.

Event #5 - Brothers in Arms Foundation WOD - 1330
15 min AMRAP
Men - 135lb front squat 15 strict pullups 9 box jumps 10 burpees
Women - 65lb front squat 5 strict pullups 9 box jumps 10 burpees

How to register - To do one event there will be a $5 donation, to do 3 or more events $15 donation. You can either donate at the event (if you choose to do this message me so I can add you) or via the gofundme page: http://www.gofundme.com/ABCMilitaryFundraiser - If you choose to donate via the website, be sure to include your name and events you are registering for, so that I may be able to track who has signed up and have a headcount.

I believe for now this is everything, I'll continue to update as we get closer to the event. I can't thank everyone enough for their continue support.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
07-07-14, 10:53 am
Bonus Event - Toys for Tots WOD

5 rounds of:
Sprint 400m
20x burpees
Pull ups - AMRAP
20x push ups
Then, USMC crunches: 2min, 1:30min, 1min, :30sec.

Stay Hungry
Rob

Kowboy
07-07-14, 10:54 am
Make sure to update Front squats 135lbs x 21 reps

Brandon Lilly
07-22-14, 11:03 pm
Look forward to being there!!

MAB
07-24-14, 7:49 am
Trebin... What time are you aiming to get there? I, for one, am excited!

Kowboy
07-24-14, 9:41 am
Trebin... What time are you aiming to get there? I, for one, am excited!

I am picking up Domichi at 645 AM and we are heading from there. I wanted to get there around 8 or 830. I am going to bring my camera as well and see if I can get some good pics. I am super excited to be there!

MAB
07-25-14, 1:25 pm
I am picking up Domichi at 645 AM and we are heading from there. I wanted to get there around 8 or 830. I am going to bring my camera as well and see if I can get some good pics. I am super excited to be there!

Alrighty... I'll aim to be there around the same time. Charging my camera battery now!

knotahumanbeing
07-25-14, 4:52 pm
Remember to wear your favorite animal t-shirt. Also there will be a toys for tots drop box, so if you want to bring a new unopened toy, you can do that as well. Thanks again for the support everyone. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow.

Rob

knotahumanbeing
07-26-14, 4:35 pm
Thank you to everyone who came out and supported. Thanks to Brandon and corporate for their support as well. It was an awesome turn out, we had a ton of fun and I'm extremely grateful for everyone. The two charities are also more than grateful for the support.

Stay Hungry
Rob

MikeHerman
07-26-14, 4:38 pm
Had a hell of a time, Rob. Thanks for setting this up.

deanna7272
07-26-14, 7:16 pm
Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics... We didn't get in from the concert last night until 2:30 am and I would've had to have been on the road BY 5 am... Sorry I missed it, but from the sounds if it, ya did good... :)

knotahumanbeing
07-27-14, 12:41 pm
We've raised close to $400 for Brothers In Arms foundation and Toys for Tots!! From all the participants and people that showed up to support the ABC. There's still time to head over to the GoFundMe page if you still want help donate!! Thank you to everyone for their generosity.

Rob

Kowboy
07-28-14, 1:47 pm
So much fun, had a great time and great peeps as always. MAB I need your email address please :)

Kowboy
07-28-14, 10:31 pm
I have the videos from Saturday, I am going to piece them together and see if I can't get a good composition to really show what the meet was all about for me. I hope to have it done by this weekend.

MAB
07-29-14, 11:31 am
So much fun, had a great time and great peeps as always. MAB I need your email address please :)

Ill pm you mark. I'm super excited to see the video you make... That was my first time shooting video! I had so much fun now I want a camera that shoots video as well.

I had a fun time. I'm glad I got out from behind the lens to do bench for reps and the hummer pull. I'm looking forward to our next ABC