PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of greatness

GoodmanBarbell
04-13-14, 1:03 pm
Animal Brothers;

I started serious lifting in my early 20's. I grew playing football and got to a respectable level. A level which most don't make it to whether it be social, economical, educational reasoning. I put my all into this sport. The year I finally put the pieces together to becoming great was the most tragic of them all. I had a handful of pro scouts watching one particular game, a game in which I dominated until it happened. My one and only injury. I blew my knee out. After seeing multiple doctors I came to the realization that my career was over. In the end I tore my ACL straight form bone, MCL was 80% torn, meniscus was gone and my Femur/Tibia smashed into each other and fractured. This was the one and only time I put forth 100%. The whole incident has messed with my head and to this day as soon as I get close to becoming somewhat good I hold back.

Now, I have broken some national records within the sport of powerlifting but lets be honest. You haven't done shit till you break world records. Till you can hold your own against some of the best in the world. The likes of the Dan Green's, Brandon Lilly's, the Lilliebridges and so on.

I have started this post/blog for everyone to follow. I am putting myself on blast for being such a pussy. I have now rededicated myself to become great! My goal meet is
Aug 30/14. I will deadlift in the cage and rep out 500lbs with the other monsters.

I NO LONGER HAVE DREAMS, I HAVE GOALS!!!!