PDA

View Full Version : oats and eggs

zasker
04-16-14, 1:52 pm
ok, im getting fed up with my usual oat and egg recipe. i usually mix the two together and then cook it in a pan and end up with some what of a pancake and thats only if i manage to flip it.

any of you got any other oat and egg recipes?

deanna7272
04-16-14, 2:32 pm
ok, im getting fed up with my usual oat and egg recipe. i usually mix the two together and then cook it in a pan and end up with some what of a pancake and thats only if i manage to flip it.

Not really recipes because I am no Betty Crocker, my thoughts on food are VERY simple...

I may scramble my eggs adding salt and pepper, but when I eat them, I take a little egg AND a little oats and combine them on my fork to eat. With that being said, on my oats, I add blueberries, so I have a little sweetness... The sweet and the pepper mix for a change up...

IF I don't have blueberries, I will add a little crystal light (just a little, not the whole single packet because it tears up my stomach) and "flavor" it that way...lol

I also do the pancakes from time to time, but that's way too much work for me... I am not picky when it comes to my meals, I like to keep it simple...

World Eater
04-16-14, 2:34 pm
I cook my oats with milk and some cinnamon, throw in raisins or blueberries when I'm in the mood for it. Either do it in a pan or 3 mins in the microwave. Bake my eggs in coconut oil most of the time. Turn 'em into an omelet, throw in some herbs, mushrooms, salt, pepper, bacon, cheese, whatever you feel like/suits your needs. Turns into a pretty flexible meal this way.

Mr.Future11
07-04-14, 11:45 am

Depending on what you are trying to consume more of, carbs, proteins, or fats, you can "spice" things up. I personally love peanut butter mixed in with my oats. Chunky works best I think. Also dicing up apples and bananas can make it better but that adds to the carbs. and you can always add protein powder in. But like I said, it depends on your macros. eggs are eggs, you can scramble them, boil them, poach them, and mix them in to your oats. I like creole seasoning on my eggs but to each their own.