PDA

View Full Version : Livin'

palaceofdoubt
05-17-14, 8:58 am
Yesterday we had our conference meet and I threw my P.R. of 49' 5". I received second place. This week is sectionals and I am very excited to throw, the journey for me will be throwing another 3' 6" to qualify for state.

Cellardweller
05-17-14, 12:40 pm
Shotput? Javilin? Rock? Little sister? Tree trunk? Small car?

zasker
05-17-14, 2:34 pm

i hope its small car, that would be really impressive.

palaceofdoubt
05-19-14, 8:45 am

i hope its small car, that would be really impressive.

Haha, I wish that was true. Actually I threw that in shot put on Friday. This week is a big week, it's sectionals. The big dogs get to go to State if you get top two or throw qualifying you can go to state. If I want to go, which I really want too, I have to P.R. by 3 1/2 feet. This will be huge. This weeks training is important since the meet in on Thursday. I grabbed myself some Rage XL this weekend and tried it and it seems to be effective.

G Diesel
05-19-14, 9:07 am
That is a big heave man, very impressive. Gotta get Big Wides in here as he too is a legit thrower.

Peace, G

Big Wides
05-19-14, 2:14 pm
Haha, I wish that was true. Actually I threw that in shot put on Friday. This week is a big week, it's sectionals. The big dogs get to go to State if you get top two or throw qualifying you can go to state. If I want to go, which I really want too, I have to P.R. by 3 1/2 feet. This will be huge. This weeks training is important since the meet in on Thursday. I grabbed myself some Rage XL this weekend and tried it and it seems to be effective.

Hell yeah bro, nothing beats throwing heavy shit for fun. With your sectionals being this week, it's all about perfecting the technique of the throw and not to overdue it with actual throwing of the implement. A little tweak in position and footwork without changing the overall mechanics of what you've got going can add length to your throws.

brentwillisbgw
05-19-14, 2:37 pm

I used to throw in HS, and although I wasnt ever worth a damn I still really admire the sport. Throwers are incredible athletes. Stay focused and think positive. Good luck this week!