PDA

View Full Version : Rest between workout programs

blackthor56
05-21-14, 7:16 am
If you're switching to a different program after a regular rest day is it better to take a few days off or just roll right into the next program?

SomeDayI'llBeXL
05-21-14, 9:33 am
Did you end the program with a meet? Or are switching mid program? Most programs I know have you testing at the very end, so if you did that, id give it a few days and then start the next program.

blackthor56
05-21-14, 12:00 pm
Did you end the program with a meet? Or are switching mid program? Most programs I know have you testing at the very end, so if you did that, id give it a few days and then start the next program.

Yeah i maxed out on everything for the past 5 days so feeling extremely sore. thinking about relaxing until monday.

Big Wides
05-21-14, 1:37 pm
Yeah i maxed out on everything for the past 5 days so feeling extremely sore. thinking about relaxing until monday.

Do that, rest till Monday and if you have to train, do some active recovery stuff. This way you'll be able to hit your new program fresh

deanna7272
05-21-14, 1:51 pm
I just finished a 10 week strength program and I am taking a 2 week "active" rest ... I will still be training, nowhere near the intensity that I was, but still getting blood into the muscle while letting my body recover... That works for me...

blackthor56
05-21-14, 11:38 pm
Do that, rest till Monday and if you have to train, do some active recovery stuff. This way you'll be able to hit your new program fresh

Yeah i was thinking about doing some plyo stuff

I just finished a 10 week strength program and I am taking a 2 week "active" rest ... I will still be training, nowhere near the intensity that I was, but still getting blood into the muscle while letting my body recover... That works for me...

Thanks man

SuicideReborn
05-24-14, 4:01 pm
A deload never hurts. If anything, do active recovery like Big Wides said (foam rolling, stretching, cardio, pre-hab work), and work form on the big 3. I find that giving my joints a break helps me out greatly.