PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: New Animal Powerlifter - Derek Kendall

Lady Ignite
06-03-14, 11:06 am
Please welcome our newest sponsored Animal, powerlifter Derek Kendall. He is from Chicago, IL and trains at Quads Gym and Jakked Hardcore Gym. He’s no stranger to the weights and has been lifting for 10 years. He used to compete as a bodybuilder but has recently transitioned to powerlifting. And his weight output is tremendous. He is definitely chasing some all-time powerlifting world records. This past weekend, he nearly set the all-time raw squat record just missing 1019 lb.

As Derek tell us, “I started bodybuilding back in 2010 and then switched over to powerlifting in 2012. I always loved training hard and pushing myself to the limits in the gym. I was always a big fan of Animal and The Cage. I wanted to be part of the Animal family and the athletes that it represented. So it's great to finally be a part of it all."

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p689/FeliciaFoglia/DerekKendall_zps10bda8b0.jpg (http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/FeliciaFoglia/media/DerekKendall_zps10bda8b0.jpg.html)

Outside of the powerlifting world, Derek is a teacher. He has been teaching for the past 7 years in Physical Education on Health. He's also coached many sports teams on the side so Derek knows something about building strong communities and inspiring young athletes.

You can learn more about him through is Journey: The Third Time Is The CHARM (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42676-Derek-Kendall-Hopefully-third-time-is-a-CHARM!&p=1375506#post1375506)

Or ask him a question, Learning About Powerlifting (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42677-Learning-About-Powerlifting-with-Derek-Kendall&highlight=)

PaulyBooks
06-03-14, 11:21 am
welcome to Animal Derek!

J-Dawg
06-03-14, 11:21 am
Awesome! Great to have you part of the community here Derek.

Universal Rep
06-03-14, 11:22 am
Animal just keeps gettin bigger and bigger. And stronger and stronger... Welcome to the family brotha.

CammaRHINO
06-03-14, 11:23 am
Hi Derek,

Welcome to the Animal Family. We're all excited to see what you're going to accomplish. Best of luck!!

HIGA MONSTER
06-03-14, 11:32 am
Whats crazy is that I saw the video on Instagram of his 1,019 lbs squat attempt, and noticed that he was wearing an Animal powerlifting shirt.

And I wondered, is he with us now?
Then I saw the news yesterday.

Congrats bro!
I met him at Raw Unity Meet this past Feb at the Golden Corral. What a FRICKIN BEAST...

HIGA MONSTER

Universal Rep
06-03-14, 11:41 am
Whats crazy is that I saw the video on Instagram of his 1,019 lbs squat attempt, and noticed that he was wearing an Animal powerlifting shirt.

And I wondered, is he with us now?
Then I saw the news yesterday.

Congrats bro!
I met him at Raw Unity Meet this past Feb at the Golden Corral. What a FRICKIN BEAST...

HIGA MONSTER

So many interestin things about this post...

But the most interestin is, wut did ya eat at the Golden Corral and wut was DK eatin? Haha.

BJ Whitehead
06-03-14, 11:53 am
Great to be on the same team as you Derek. Really look forward to the numbers that you put up. Hope to have a chance to lift with you one day.

ibnmahama
06-03-14, 8:58 pm
Welcome aboard Derek!

N. Motta
06-03-14, 11:06 pm
Saw him reppin the Animal T too at the meet. Figured this was imminent.

I didn't know he missed the 1019 though, just a hair high??

Phil800101
06-04-14, 3:13 am
Oh shit, another monster in the mix...Animal's roster was stacked already, this just makes it even better!

Cellardweller
06-04-14, 2:09 pm
Derek has an interview in the latest issue of Power magazine. Welcome to Animal Derek.

Derek Kendall
06-05-14, 8:29 am
Great to be on the same team as you Derek. Really look forward to the numbers that you put up. Hope to have a chance to lift with you one day.

Same here man. Animal has so many great lifters. It's great to be part of the Animal team. I hope I can do my part and keep up with the rest of all you guys.