PDA

View Full Version : Cream Of Rice / Ground Rice

SDR
06-13-14, 7:33 pm
Recently got on this 'cream of wheat' craze...so I picked up cream of rice here in the UK which is somewhat of a rarer item....

Amazing carb source for me - easy to prepare, carb dense, and does not leave me sluggish in the slightest like oats do, feel really 'clean' on this.

Goes great with some blueberries, almond/peanut butter and sweetener, or if diet allows honey.

There may be threads on this already, but for those seeking an easy to digest lighter carb source do check this out..

Cream of rice/Whey Protein/PB Butter = less then a minute prep and a good pre workout meal I think.

Rex
06-14-14, 6:19 pm
Recently got on this 'cream of wheat' craze...so I picked up cream of rice here in the UK which is somewhat of a rarer item....

Amazing carb source for me - easy to prepare, carb dense, and does not leave me sluggish in the slightest like oats do, feel really 'clean' on this.

Goes great with some blueberries, almond/peanut butter and sweetener, or if diet allows honey.

There may be threads on this already, but for those seeking an easy to digest lighter carb source do check this out..

Cream of rice/Whey Protein/PB Butter = less then a minute prep and a good pre workout meal I think.

People have issues digesting a large amount of oats because of their Gluten and/or high insoluble fiber content. Sometimes switching to gluten free oats does the trick...

weightsb4dates
06-30-14, 2:08 pm
generally instant oats have much less fiber and gluten, probably what makes them able to cook in one minute. i have been eating instant for a long time and never had any issues, with them, i feel very full on regular oats, plus the texture is completely different.

as for cream of rice i will give that a shot, it may be good mixed in a shake, and add a nice texture.

G-Six
06-30-14, 2:38 pm
I switched to Gluten Free Oats based on Rex' suggestion. I feel a bit better afterwards than I did on regular oats. I switched to Cream of Rice (90g which is 75 grams of carbs) pre workout. I find my stomach to be distended and full afterwards. It's not the digestion for me. it's the fact that it tastes like shit and I dread it as well as the volume (water and cream) fills my stomach up too much prior to workout. Today im going to take 70g of carbs from rice cakes (Rex style) preworkout with my 8oz of chicken and see my stomach settles it better.

Rex
06-30-14, 6:30 pm
I switched to Gluten Free Oats based on Rex' suggestion. I feel a bit better afterwards than I did on regular oats. I switched to Cream of Rice (90g which is 75 grams of carbs) pre workout. I find my stomach to be distended and full afterwards. It's not the digestion for me. it's the fact that it tastes like shit and I dread it as well as the volume (water and cream) fills my stomach up too much prior to workout. Today im going to take 70g of carbs from rice cakes (Rex style) preworkout with my 8oz of chicken and see my stomach settles it better.

Let me know how it felt.

By the way, are you doing the fiber 2 x per day?!

G-Six
07-01-14, 10:08 am
Let me know how it felt.

By the way, are you doing the fiber 2 x per day?!

Rice cakes....1000x better, less forced and lighter on stomach. Training was more intense because I felt better. I am doing the fiber 2x a day and its working....in a big way...if you know what I mean lol

Rex
07-01-14, 6:21 pm
Rice cakes....1000x better, less forced and lighter on stomach. Training was more intense because I felt better. I am doing the fiber 2x a day and its working....in a big way...if you know what I mean lol

Awesome to hear that. See, I knew I was onto something with the rice cakes. And people still keep teasing me for eating them...

I told you! :) Go ahead and DO NOT STOP the fiber! After a couple of weeks your digestion will run like a brand new fresh oiled V12 Motor, made in Germany.

Make sure you pick up a new tub of unflavored psyllium husk powder before you run out