PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Powerlifters Unite to Establish Animal Barbell Club

ParkerT
06-18-14, 2:32 pm
Hey guys, if anyone in Kansas, specifically the Wichita-KC area, is interested in starting up an ABC and lifting together, please contact me. I'd love to get something started and put Kansas lifters on the map, for we all know there is not much going on here when it comes to powerlifting. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and breaking some PRs!

B.S.
06-18-14, 2:43 pm
grew up there. out in Seattle now but when I get back im always down for an ABC

ParkerT
06-18-14, 3:19 pm
grew up there. out in Seattle now but when I get back im always down for an ABC

Sounds good; if anything gets up and running I'll be sure to let you know

SquatPressPull
06-18-14, 5:40 pm
Sounds good; if anything gets up and running I'll be sure to let you know

Next month, I might be driving through and depending on the time, is there a powerlifting friendly gym you can recommend in that area?

ParkerT
06-18-14, 5:48 pm
Next month, I might be driving through and depending on the time, is there a powerlifting friendly gym you can recommend in that area?

The best I can recommend is the "North YMCA" in Wichita; they are the only gym in the area that allows chalk, yelling, grunting, has a power rack, etc. If you tell them that it is your first time there you can sign a sheet and get in for free. Hope that helps!

SquatPressPull
06-18-14, 5:54 pm
The best I can recommend is the "North YMCA" in Wichita; they are the only gym in the area that allows chalk, yelling, grunting, has a power rack, etc. If you tell them that it is your first time there you can sign a sheet and get in for free. Hope that helps!

Very cool. I appreciate it.

MJ tallguy
06-30-14, 3:41 pm
Hey guys, if anyone in Kansas, specifically the Wichita-KC area, is interested in starting up an ABC and lifting together, please contact me. I'd love to get something started and put Kansas lifters on the map, for we all know there is not much going on here when it comes to powerlifting. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and breaking some PRs!

I'd be glad to train with you, and if you needed help setting up I'd be game. Wichita doesn't have anything resembling a hardcore gym with the atmosphere I'm looking for. You'd have plenty of people ready to sign up. I live about 15min outside of Wichita but anything within say 40min of my house and I'd gladly make the drive!

ParkerT
06-30-14, 3:55 pm
I'd be glad to train with you, and if you needed help setting up I'd be game. Wichita doesn't have anything resembling a hardcore gym with the atmosphere I'm looking for. You'd have plenty of people ready to sign up. I live about 15min outside of Wichita but anything within say 40min of my house and I'd gladly make the drive!

Great man, I agree... Wichita has nothing close to a hardcore gym, and it'd be awesome to set something up. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the area who would switch to a hardcore gym in a second.

As far as the training together goes, I'd be down for that too.

MJ tallguy
07-02-14, 8:50 pm
Great man, I agree... Wichita has nothing close to a hardcore gym, and it'd be awesome to set something up. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the area who would switch to a hardcore gym in a second.

As far as the training together goes, I'd be down for that too.

Awesome! I talked to a few friends who train hard and they said if something got built they'd go.