PDA

View Full Version : Project A with Jay

Jay
06-19-14, 11:55 am
Getting my log up while I wait for project A to arrive. I've been Fortunate to test a few products now, Agent O, and the new shock therapy flavors so you know my reviews will be honest and detailed. Im about 9 days out from my next powerlifting meet, the Hartford Europa. This will be a pretty cool experience for me. I've been to the Hartford CT Europa each year they've had it. The first year I got to sit up close and watch the pro's train, Branch, Kai, and Victor. Then, I got to meet some of Universal Nutrition's finest, Natural Guy and Christian were there manning the booth. So to be able to compete at a show that I've been attending for a few years now is going to be surreal. Then after this I have another meet which will be a push/pull in August. So needless to say this product is coming at a great time for me to test it out. Lookin forward to getting this show on the road.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2rmv0vo.jpg

B.S.
06-19-14, 12:01 pm
In for this. pumped for people to get started on this stuff.

Jay
06-19-14, 12:02 pm
In for this. pumped for people to get started on this stuff.

Thanks for checking in. Hopefully soon. Luckily for me living in MA, it usually doesnt take to long to recieve stuff once its shipped.

SquatPressPull
06-19-14, 12:04 pm
Following along too! Can't wait to get started on this testing. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long. haha

Will compare notes too, so let's hit it!

naturalguy
06-19-14, 12:12 pm
I remember that first year at the Europa in CT

Davkal2008
06-19-14, 12:38 pm
subbd for this!

wedge
06-19-14, 3:10 pm
In for the carnage.

Jay
06-20-14, 12:38 pm
Following along too! Can't wait to get started on this testing. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long. haha

Will compare notes too, so let's hit it!

Sounds good!

Jay
06-20-14, 12:39 pm
I remember that first year at the Europa in CT

That was it! I bought those crazy yellow shoes too.. Hope Animal or Universal can make an appearance back there someday.

subbd for this!

Thanks for stoppin in!

In for the carnage.

Nice. Surprised you didnt jump on board to test? Maybe Ill see you at the Europa. Need an ABC soon.

wedge
06-23-14, 12:46 pm
Nice. Surprised you didnt jump on board to test? Maybe Ill see you at the Europa. Need an ABC soon.

Have some things going on and haven't been in the forum in a bit. A friend, who I believe is stepping on stage at the Europa, hooked me up with two free tickets. My wife and I are going and I plan on tracking you down. Kick some ass bro.

Jay
06-25-14, 10:27 am
Have some things going on and haven't been in the forum in a bit. A friend, who I believe is stepping on stage at the Europa, hooked me up with two free tickets. My wife and I are going and I plan on tracking you down. Kick some ass bro.

Awesome. See ya there.

Jay
06-25-14, 10:30 am
http://i57.tinypic.com/sm7t5e.jpg

Project A came in and I am thinking I will dig into it today. My meet is this Saturday so I will just do a light arm workout/cardio session.

Jay
06-25-14, 9:46 pm
Started project A today. I am a few days out from my meet, but decided to do a light full body workout in the circuit area so I could put 'A' to a gentle test. I did 1 scoop of flavor 1 with 10oz water pre workout and then flavor 2 with 10oz post. Here is a few things I can comment on for sure so far.

The flavorwas ok, similar in taste to other products in the line. Flavor 2 was very very good. Again, similar to some other products in the Universal line.

Mixability. There was no clumping, no need to re-shake, something I find I need to do with Rage XL. I think once I get back to Project A I will add more water and use this as an intra workout drink, seeing as though the profile would fit this time frame nicely. For instance if I use Torrent intra, I like to use a shaker cup, liter water bottle, etc full of water. So that's one experiment I will try shortly.

Once thing I did notice was a fairly noticeable pump that came on after the first few sets. Mind you, I only hit 1 exercise per body part for a few sets. I'm thinking that this product taken pre workout, or even stacked with something like Rage, would make one kick ass preworkout drink. Another experiment to try!

J-Dawg
06-26-14, 4:05 pm
Interesting for the first go around. Definitely curious to hear more along the way.

And I cleaned up that extra post you had.

Razor
06-27-14, 8:52 am
In for this as well. Jay you always give some outstanding reviews and logs.

Jay
06-27-14, 6:55 pm
Interesting for the first go around. Definitely curious to hear more along the way.

And I cleaned up that extra post you had.

Perfect, thank u!

Jay
06-27-14, 6:55 pm
In for this as well. Jay you always give some outstanding reviews and logs.

Thanks man. Figured with such a great company the best thing I can do is leave some honest and detailed reviews.

Jay
06-27-14, 7:01 pm
My meet is tomorrow. I weighed in today at 196. Today has been an eat/drink/rest day for me. Very excited to see how it goes tomorrow and I plan on bringing a scoop or two of Project A with me for the meet. I hope to get back to a regular workout routine after this weekend and incorporate project A into my supplementation to the fullest.

http://i60.tinypic.com/mhf046.png

Jay
06-29-14, 4:09 pm
Hartford Europa. Saturday. Despite thousands of free samples I was able to take some Project A with me. Heres a run down of how the day went.
This was a RPS meet held at the Europa Expo which included bodybuilding, figure, martial arts, and cross fit events. RPS had a huge platform with plenty of seating and a huge turn out. 78 lifters turned Saturday into a 12 hour day as I arrived at 8am and left at 8pm. My overall performance was much less then I anticipated. I have learned that in powerlifting there is a fine line between being confident in your lifts, as well as being too cocky with your attempts. Ended up hitting 6 of 9 lifts. Flavor 1 was mixed in a large free shaker I got (even though it was pink) and sipped throughout most of the day.

Squat. Easy opener with 320 and felt great. I am not a great squatter (yet) and have had a battle in finding my depth. I have used some techniques that J-Dawg told me here on his journey and they have helped drastically. So I took 330 for the next attempted. Felt great and felt like I could have taken a nap in the hole. I racked it to my utter surprise that it was a no lift due to depth. Feeling determined I bumped it up to 350lb and nailed it no problem. My all time best was 365 I believe and I felt that I could have done that if not more, but at that point I just wanted to hit another squat with all greens.

Bench. I was feeling good after hitting 305 at my last meet and 315 with the use of the sling shot a few weeks ago. Opened with 280lb no problem. Heres were the cockiness came in to play. Instead of making a slow jump I went up to 310lb feeling as though I had it. I was wrong. I was able to unrack it with my spotter and lower it, getting it up maybe halfway and it was a full on battle from there. My problem was that now I was stuck there for attempt #3. I did everything in my power to get that damn bar back up but it just wasnt going. Huge disapointment and I had to settle with 280.

Deadlift. Sipping on more Project A and feeling determined to redeem myself I opened with 410. After that flew off the floor I went with 450 and then my planned lift of 470lb. No struggle and it was even suggested that I could have went with 490, however with the way the meet was going I was happy with 470.
On the plus side I ended up with a major PR for deadlift and a new total of 1,100. October 2013, my first powerlifting meet, I totaled 1,010. I enjoy the sport and have so much room for improvement and new goals in mind. Tired and sore, I left with flavor 2 after the event.

I am not comfortable commenting on Project A fully just yet. I can tell you it does seem to have helped with recovery from the meet, reducted soreness, and the flavors are good. I enjoy flavor 2 much more then flavor 1 and more water added to each flavor helps alot as the flavors are strong in 10oz of water or so.

http://i60.tinypic.com/kb5et0.png

Jay
07-07-14, 8:52 am
Quick update. I've been busy, extra hours at work, the holiday weekend, and I bought my first house, so that's why I haven't been posting recently. I'm still using Project A and nearly done with it. Some more updates will be posted shortly!

Swolepez
07-08-14, 10:55 pm
Congrats on your first house!!

Razor
07-09-14, 4:35 am
Quick update. I've been busy, extra hours at work, the holiday weekend, and I bought my first house, so that's why I haven't been posting recently. I'm still using Project A and nearly done with it. Some more updates will be posted shortly!

Congrats on the house my man!!

Jay
07-09-14, 7:52 am
Congrats on your first house!!

Congrats on the house my man!!

Thank you! Very excited and hope to get a home gym setup in there someday. Been doing a lot of work renovating and cleaning so I can get in asap.

Jay
07-09-14, 7:54 am
I have been doing project A mostly intra workout into post workout similar to what I have done with Torrent in the past. The most noticeable thing with project A would have to be an endurance increase and increased pumps. I am actually going to have a scoop this morning. I must not be used to volume training (which I haven't done in a while) cuz I have been wicked sore after a chest/shoulder workout I did on Monday!

naturalguy
07-09-14, 8:53 am
congrats on the house, that is a big step

wedge
07-10-14, 9:46 am
To mirror everyone else, congrats on the house. Speaking from experience, it's a workout in itself getting it ready to move in.

J-Dawg
07-10-14, 9:54 am

Congratulations on the new house!

J-Dawg
07-10-14, 9:58 am
I have been doing project A mostly intra workout into post workout similar to what I have done with Torrent in the past. The most noticeable thing with project A would have to be an endurance increase and increased pumps. I am actually going to have a scoop this morning. I must not be used to volume training (which I haven't done in a while) cuz I have been wicked sore after a chest/shoulder workout I did on Monday!

Nice--endurance and increased pumps are a good thing!

Jay
07-11-14, 11:31 am
To mirror everyone else, congrats on the house. Speaking from experience, it's a workout in itself getting it ready to move in.

Congratulations on the new house!

Nice--endurance and increased pumps are a good thing!

Thanks! Its fun working on cleaning it up and getting it read, new floors, paint, etc. Project A has even been used during house projects lol.

Jay
07-11-14, 11:33 am
I've found that the more liquid, the better. I shoot for anywhere from 14-20 ounces of water. Basically a shaker cup full. Using half the water makes the flavor to strong for me. Anyone else?

Jay
07-11-14, 11:53 pm
Heres todays intra workout powerhouse;

http://i61.tinypic.com/23t4ako.jpg

Bi's.

Tri's.

4arms.

Calves.

Traps.

KILLED IT TODAY!

Jay
07-14-14, 11:11 am
Had a great shoulder workout over the weekend. Hit 4 different exercises for delts. Project A was intra workout. Next? Few sets of 275 on the bench press AFTER delts.

naturalguy
07-15-14, 2:54 pm
Heres todays intra workout powerhouse;

http://i61.tinypic.com/23t4ako.jpg

Bi's.

Tri's.

4arms.

Calves.

Traps.

KILLED IT TODAY!

Nice combo, how did that drink taste?

Jay
07-18-14, 10:02 am
Nice combo, how did that drink taste?

It was awesome! Flavor 1 goes very well with that A7 flavor. Another flavor I enjoyed was carbmax and flavor 2.

Final thoughts to follow..

Jay
07-20-14, 10:14 am
As my Project A bottles have run dry here is my final thoughts on it.

Recovery: 9.
Fatigue reduction: 8
Performance: 8
Flavor: 7
Color: 10
Mixability 10

I used Project A pre, intra, and post on various days. My most favorite time to take project is intra workout with approximately 15-20oz of water. I can sum up the recovery, fatigue reduction, and performance categories all in one. When using Project A intra workout it seemed to help me through the workout and increase my endurance. I also felt an increased pump as the workout went on. In one of my workouts, I was able to complete a delt workout then move into some benching for a few sets. I did not fatigue early and noticed that I could perform more voluminous workouts while taking Project A.
Flavor and color; the color is fine, no complaints. I honestly was not a huge fan of the flavors. Having said that the flavors were very tolerable but I did notice that the flavor is much stronger with less water. The two flavors tested did taste good, especially in a lot of water, and I had no problem finishing the drink but would love to see a variety of flavors come out should Project A go into production.
Mixability: Perfect. This product mixes as good as Rage XL does. Just a few shakes and your done. No grit, no clumps, just perfect. I mixed Project A with a variety of powders such as glutamine, carbmax, and atomic 7. All the products not only taste good but mix together quite nicely.

Jay Nera
07-25-14, 12:04 am

Out of curiosity, have ou been taking it on off days? Reason being, I notice i don't feel burnt out later in the day whenever I take it post workout. So I'm wondering if one were to take it on a day off if it would simply give a sense of well being. I think its the carnitine in it but I'm not sure.

Jay
07-30-14, 11:53 am
Out of curiosity, have ou been taking it on off days? Reason being, I notice i don't feel burnt out later in the day whenever I take it post workout. So I'm wondering if one were to take it on a day off if it would simply give a sense of well being. I think its the carnitine in it but I'm not sure.

I never did take it on an off day. I usually do a scoop or 2 of atomic 7 on an off day. I wish I had some more to experiment with that.