PDA

View Full Version : Project A Alpha Testing

DoubleTapJak
06-24-14, 10:37 am
I'll be keeping a log here of my experience testing Project A and my review of the product. Currently I'm running a body re-composition program dieting with IIFYM and training with 5/3/1, trying to get down below 170lbs whilst maintaining, then increasing, strength. Feel free to follow along and hit me up with any questions/suggestions. I work full time and have 3 night classes this summer so don't have much downtime. From what I hear, this supp will assist recovery which would be a Godsend. Expected delivery date 6/26. Can't wait!

Current Stats:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 175lbs

Bench: 240
Squat: 350 - haven't maxed in a long time due to knee issues
Deadlift: 418
Military: 145

Stack:
Flex
Pak
Fish Oil
Flex - every other day

Swolepez
06-24-14, 10:43 am
I'm definitely in for this brother

DoubleTapJak
06-24-14, 10:51 am
I'm definitely in for this brother

Thanks bro. I was disappointed when your name wasn't on the list of winners. Guess you'll have to live vicariously through me!

Swolepez
06-25-14, 12:11 pm
Thanks bro. I was disappointed when your name wasn't on the list of winners. Guess you'll have to live vicariously through me!

Lol well there's a good reason I wasn't on the list of winners: I just won a animal/universal promo over at bodybuilding.com about 3 wks ago! So I couldn't jump on this.
But I'm glad you won it and I'm definitely going to live this product through you lol.
Im thinking it may be an intra? I know you can't say what it is but that's my guess lol

weightsb4dates
06-25-14, 1:26 pm
in on all testing threads

DoubleTapJak
06-25-14, 2:29 pm
Lol well there's a good reason I wasn't on the list of winners: I just won a animal/universal promo over at bodybuilding.com about 3 wks ago! So I couldn't jump on this.
But I'm glad you won it and I'm definitely going to live this product through you lol.
Im thinking it may be an intra? I know you can't say what it is but that's my guess lol

I'm supposed to get the package tomorrow, I'm guessing it'll have instructions on what I'm allowed to disclose then. This is the first ATP since I've joined the FORVM so I'm not sure the level of secrecy they like. I'll share everything I can. My guess is it's an intra/post. Maybe just a shit ton of BCAA's and Creatine like a more comprehensive, better tasting, powdered version of Nitro. I don't know if you've ever coughed it up but I imagine it's like passing finely ground Clydesdale hooves.

DoubleTapJak
06-25-14, 2:29 pm
in on all testing threads

Glad to have ya!

Nix0r
06-25-14, 3:20 pm
You know I'm in, you sexy beast you.

J-Dawg
06-26-14, 4:24 pm
In for this! Any luck with the package arriving? Curious to hear your initial thoughts.

DoubleTapJak
06-26-14, 4:50 pm
In for this! Any luck with the package arriving? Curious to hear your initial thoughts.

Apparently it was handed off to the USPS Processing Facility today... No way I can track it or go pick it up. Have to keep waiting I guess.

DoubleTapJak
06-27-14, 4:30 pm

Finally got the pack! One question I'm a little unclear on: Looks like I should be taking two scoops per day, lasting ten days. That correct? If so I figure I'd take one scoop intra- and one post-workout.

Initial thoughts:
+Packed full of goodies to make me big and strong. Recovery, better pump, and what looks like stim-free energy.
+Tastes pretty damn good. My stomach didn't like how sweet Rage XL is but this seems to settle better.

-Smells like butt

Daz it so far. Will update after the first training session with it.

SquatPressPull
06-27-14, 4:43 pm
Awesome! haha Smells like butt. I might be able to wait. haha

DoubleTapJak
06-27-14, 11:20 pm
Awesome! haha Smells like butt. I might be able to wait. haha

The smell definitely worried me at first for the taste, but it's actually pretty damn delicious

J-Dawg
06-30-14, 10:11 am
The smell definitely worried me at first for the taste, but it's actually pretty damn delicious

I think we may have sent the wrong samples to you...

Just kidding, lol. Some of the ingredients in Project A have some interesting smells. Luckily we were able to disguise this in the flavoring.

DoubleTapJak
06-30-14, 10:40 am
I think we may have sent the wrong samples to you...

Just kidding, lol. Some of the ingredients in Project A have some interesting smells. Luckily we were able to disguise this in the flavoring.

I know I've tried some of the ingredients individually before and they were so bland or bad I had to add in glycogen or throw them in a shake just to get them down.

TRAINING UPDATE:
Past 3-4 months I've started training for Strongman on Sundays with a local crew of current and past STL Strongest Man champs. The training is the most fun I've ever had, but completely mentally and physically exhausting. Typically we get there at 8:30 and don't leave until after Noon, so by the time I get home I can barely move enough to shovel some kind of food into my mouth then pass out. Yesterday I took one serving of Proj A about a half hour before training then worked through another serving in my water during training. Of course, no supp is going to be a night and day difference, but I had a noticeable amount of energy throughout the entire session, even towards the end when I'm normally dragging. In fact it got to the point where I was failing lifts simply because the muscles wouldn't work anymore, but I wanted to keep trying. Recovery has been noticeably better too, not nearly as sore or tired today as I typically am. Can't wait to see the effect Project A has on my next Leg Day session. This one might be a keeper.

Plug for Strongman: it's fucking awesome and not many on the FORVM know a lot about it. If it interests you, check my Journey in the sig for some videos of different events. I've also thrown some up on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/littlenippert

Swolepez
07-01-14, 8:50 pm
Besides endurance and recovery has it helped you in other areas like pumps, vascularity, focus, energy, etc?

DoubleTapJak
07-01-14, 8:58 pm
Besides endurance and recovery has it helped you in other areas like pumps, vascularity, focus, energy, etc?

Meh, not really other than energy. Just keeps me going longer. It's decently mixable with other powders, I throw it into my Honey Badger preworkout shake and they mix fine. I don't worry much about pump or vascularity, I'm too squishy to notice one way or the other.

DoubleTapJak
07-06-14, 10:30 am
I don't know if you guys did this on purpose but you created the best hangover cure I've ever had. Seriously, like within a half hour it was completely gone. Time to rebrand and market to college students and unhappy adults.

Swolepez
07-08-14, 10:53 pm
Any other updates on on the effects brother? Do you think it could become a staple in your arsenal ??

DoubleTapJak
07-09-14, 9:31 am
Any other updates on on the effects brother? Do you think it could become a staple in your arsenal ??

It's actually the first intra that I've tried before, so I have a hard time comparing it by experience but looking at the ingredients list alone I can say it's one of the most comprehensive ones I've seen. I think once Animal releases the ingredients that will become obvious to everyone. As far as effects, I can definitely notice a difference between when I'm using it and not throughout a long training session. Most of my sessions center around compound movements which really take a toll on the CNS and muscle fatigue sets in after 20-30 minutes for me. With this I keep going until my muscles just stop working. Depending on the price Animal sells it at, I'd love to always have it in my shaker during training.

...That being said, the difference between strength and weakness is not what I'm drinking, so it will have to be a reasonable price since I'd be going through more than a tub a month.

J-Dawg
07-09-14, 10:59 am
I don't know if you guys did this on purpose but you created the best hangover cure I've ever had. Seriously, like within a half hour it was completely gone. Time to rebrand and market to college students and unhappy adults.

That's very interesting! But I could see how it might help in that area.