PDA

View Full Version : Weird Deadlift Issue.

miike_swayy
06-25-14, 4:03 am
So this is actually my first post, I am usually the lurker who uses the search button. For this specific issue, I could not find any answers I was looking for.
For about a whole year and a couple cycles of 531 I pulled sumo. I was never the flexible/mobile body that I would have liked. I pulled sumo because I had terrible hamstring tightness. Over time and daily Mobility WODS, I found out that I now can actually do a conventional deadlift. Turns out that I am actually equally or if not stronger during conventional. Conventional always felt awkward to me, never could get the stimulation of pushing my feet into the ground. So i kept practicing and also started doing deficit deads.

So heres what is weird "to me". I feel stronger and less lower back pain during deficits. I can pull just about the same weight as my sumo during my deficit conventional. I am wondering without any videos to show you guys, why I am feeling this lower back pain in regular conventional and not my deficit. Also how to get the sensation of pushing my feet into the ground without a deficit. I feel like the deficit should be giving a mechanical disadvantage, but my body is telling me that I feel stronger being a 45lb plate higher off the ground.

Help a noob out! Thanks in advance!