PDA

View Full Version : Up and Coming Powerlifter

YoungHiga
06-28-14, 1:58 pm
Currently using the cube method, by Brandon Lilly. I will keep everyone updated on my progress! Any motivation and comments will be greatly appreciated!

zanderfever
06-30-14, 6:48 am
Currently using the cube method, by Brandon Lilly. I will keep everyone updated on my progress! Any motivation and comments will be greatly appreciated!

Good luck and keep at it. Its a lot of fun to compete and don't hesitate to ask questions. Most importantly though do not forget to work your tiny muscles. Rotator cuffs, hip joints, grip work and such. You want to avoid injuries at all costs and since you're just starting out now is the time to realize the importance of these things. If I had done that, I may have been able to avoid a surgery or two I have had to have.

YoungHiga
06-30-14, 9:25 am
Good luck and keep at it. Its a lot of fun to compete and don't hesitate to ask questions. Most importantly though do not forget to work your tiny muscles. Rotator cuffs, hip joints, grip work and such. You want to avoid injuries at all costs and since you're just starting out now is the time to realize the importance of these things. If I had done that, I may have been able to avoid a surgery or two I have had to have.

Thanks a ton brother!

YoungHiga
06-30-14, 9:26 am
Today was my rep day for deadlift. I felt pretty good after I nailed a set of 12 with 225. I know it's not much, but a rep pr for me!

zanderfever
06-30-14, 9:35 am
Today was my rep day for deadlift. I felt pretty good after I nailed a set of 12 with 225. I know it's not much, but a rep pr for me!

This sounds more like you should be creating your own journey. Thats where you can keep a log and talk about your training

naturalguy
06-30-14, 9:36 am
Welcome. The Cube method is very effective if you put the work in

J Wong
07-02-14, 12:44 am
Stay consistent and put in the hard work and results will come. Start up a journey in the journey section so we can all follow your progress.

YoungHiga
07-03-14, 2:08 pm
Stay consistent and put in the hard work and results will come. Start up a journey in the journey section so we can all follow your progress.

Hey guys a started a thread in the journey section. I have a question though. I can't do one dip yet. Which slingshot by mark bell would be the best one for me to be able to bump out a few sets of dips?

EgyptianBeast
07-05-14, 5:40 pm
I am also going to give the cube method a shot. I looked at it and its looks promising. Good luck brother

YoungHiga
07-07-14, 9:45 pm
I am also going to give the cube method a shot. I looked at it and its looks promising. Good luck brother

I got my deadlift up 20 pounds already. I've been doing it for four weeks!

zanderfever
07-08-14, 4:02 pm
Hey guys a started a thread in the journey section. I have a question though. I can't do one dip yet. Which slingshot by mark bell would be the best one for me to be able to bump out a few sets of dips?

Dips are great for muscles, but also hell on your shoulders. I have a slingshot and enjoy it a lot though. Its main purpose for me is just holding heavy weight, making the weight move faster, and working the top of the bench. Its fun but honestly not all that necessary. Its easier and cheaper if you have 2 partners to use boards.

knotahumanbeing
07-09-14, 10:22 am

The slingshot mainly helps with overloading heavier weights for chest or also with push-ups. To help with your dips, try bench dips (knees bent) then progress to legs straight out. For parallel bar dips, try assisted dips, there's typically a dip assisted machine at "most" gyms, if not you can use resistance bands to simulate the same. Hope that helps, good luck man.

Stay Hungry
Rob

YoungHiga
07-14-14, 9:19 am
Staying hungry all the time. Killed my back workout today. Pausepulls, bent over rows, lat pull downs, single arm bent over rows, then just finished off with some pushups. Trying to get my bodyfat down.

YoungHiga
07-29-14, 1:02 pm
Hey guys! Had an absolutley awesome chest day today. Tried to kill that shit. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, very busy! Got the time to train. Just not enough to be on here! I'm givin it all I got!

P Diesel
08-01-14, 10:26 am
Hey guys! Had an absolutley awesome chest day today. Tried to kill that shit. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, very busy! Got the time to train. Just not enough to be on here! I'm givin it all I got!

hey man we all have trouble with enough time in the day i think haha. get on when u can and keep us updated. good to see ur progress

P

Lottawheels
08-01-14, 2:28 pm
I tried it and could not stick with it. I wish you luck and will definitely follow your progress!

YoungHiga
08-04-14, 10:39 am
Hey guys! Back day today! Shitty deadlift from the ground, but used that anger to block pull 415. Felt great!

P Diesel
08-04-14, 1:54 pm
Hey guys! Back day today! Shitty deadlift from the ground, but used that anger to block pull 415. Felt great!

if u feel stronger off the blocks than from the floor maybe start doing sum deficit work to increase ur acceleration from the floor

P

YoungHiga
08-16-14, 9:45 am
if u feel stronger off the blocks than from the floor maybe start doing sum deficit work to increase ur acceleration from the floor

P
Thanks P diesel. I pulled off the 100 pound plate the other with 225 for some deficit sets! Felt good!

YoungHiga
08-16-14, 9:46 am
Hey guys. Just had 4 eggs, and a cup of rice for a power breakfast. Going in for heavy decline bench day!

Jay Nera
08-19-14, 10:29 pm

A PR is a PR.