PDA

View Full Version : All About Recovery- BCent's Project A Log

BCent
07-02-14, 1:25 pm
Hey guys, checking in. I was just notified that I was chosen for the opportunity to be a last minute tester for Project A, and couldn't be more excited! Gotta love how Animal gives back to everyone. I should be getting both flavors by Saturday at the latest, and can't wait to get up and running. Before we jump out the gate, quick about me...

Training as a natural bodybuilder, in DFAC. Competed in April where I came in a disappointing, but respectable 3rd in my class. Next show is in October in Jersey, and getting into the grind for that now. Also a really big sneakerhead for anyone who might check out my instagram, 90% of my posts are either sneaker or training related. What things are looking like for me now:

Supps:
AnimalPak
Animal Flex
IsoWhey (just bought this actually, never tried it, but I'm excited about it)
Animal Rage XL (though I DID load up on as much original Rage as I could before the official switch so sometimes for a real kick in the ass I'll throw this in)
Carb/Protein drink intra- tried something new here (not Universal) and working through the tub of that as well, can make changes as necessary depending on instructions for the testing.

I've been on that stack for a bit, and I'm pretty in tune with my body especially from a soreness perspective, so I'm excited to see what kind of results I can get from the new stuff.

As far as my workouts, current split is: Chest/Arms, Legs, Back, Off, Delts/Arms, big 3 day (Bench, Squat, DL), off, repeat cycle. Work a lot of heavy compounds in the beginning part of the workouts followed by more pump/assistance work following that for more hypertrophy.

Excited to check this stuff out, and for anyone who wants to check anything out feel free to check out my instagram: www.instagram.com/brundokicks

Thanks!
B

BCent
07-05-14, 10:09 pm
Just got home from a couple days with my boys celebrating the birthday of America (stuck to the diet though), and walk in to a nice little package from Universal Labs. Looks like the celebration is going to continue for a few days!! Excited at the opportunity, I'll start today to make sure to get my thoughts in as quickly as possible. I just mixed up a little batch of Flavor 1 with 10 oz water, and I really enjoy the taste. Funny thing, I was just talking to my friends recently about how this is a flavor that when done right, I love, but that often times there's something missing. I really like the taste on this one though. Color looks great, a nice deep color. Initial thoughts on mixability is... okay. There's some "floaties" sitting at the top when I mixed it with a spoon, but understanding some of the ingredients- I get why this is the way it is. Sipping on it as we speak, and I'll jump on here a little later tonight to give thoughts on flavor 2. First real day with workouts on it will be tomorrow (got home late, and today was a recovery day). Delts/Arms tomorrow, something that I've really been pushing to bring up, so I'm excited. Looking forward to the rest...

Follow along on social media @brundokicks (both twitter and instagram)

BCent
07-05-14, 11:41 pm
Flavor 2. Good. I liked the flavor on this one, but it's a little lighter. A little curious as to how this will be marketed- honestly, I prefer a lighter flavor (like this one) during a workout, but a lot of times, I find that preworkout, I like something a little fuller, like flavor 1. Seemed to me that mixed with a spoon, this flavor had a bit more of those previously mentioned "floaties," but as it settles as I'm drinking it, they're fading (like I expected). Color looked great, honestly I've never had a problem with any of the colors/flavors from Animal- aside from some of the betas of the original rage, I distinctly remember not liking one of them very much.

As I mentioned earlier, tomorrow will be day 1 with lifting and project A. Honestly, I'll probably do flavor 2 preworkout and flavor 1 either intra or post. As I said earlier, my coach has me doing a carb/amino drink intra, so if I take this intra I'll have 2 shakers with me at the gym.

Looking forward to it!

BCent
07-06-14, 12:07 pm
Just walked in post workout, and still stick to the same as before. Both flavors are good, but I really like flavor 1 much better than flavor 2, though I guess that's more personal preference, rather than anything on Animal's part. I took a good whiff of them this morning before mixing, and in a weird way, it took me back to childhood in a sense. One reminds me of a powdered drink that probably many of us have tried (for my part I know i used to actually mix it in with a post workout shake in the past), and the other one almost reminds me of a childrens medicine, though like I said, I enjoy it.

As far as workouts, I know that it can be difficult to assess things after just 1 workout, and that I've been taking similar ingredients prior to this, but I can say the following:
Pump was really good, felt strong today and obviously enjoyed that.
One thing I noticed was that I seemed to feel better faster. One of the things I've been doing at the suggestion of my coach is to just listen to my body when it comes to rest times, and when I feel ready to go, to just jump into the next set. Seemed to do well for me on that front, but also with doing a lot of supersets, I definitely didn't feel as quickly fatigued as I might have in the past

Some of this might just me "wanting" to feel something different, as after just 2 doses and 1 workout it's likely hard to make a sweeping generalization. Going to spend the day out with my GF today, but will check back tonight about any additional thoughts I have for today...

BCent
07-07-14, 7:56 am
Didn't make it back yesterday to comment on this, but one thing I noticed was that I just felt fuller. Not in a way like I normally would where there's also soreness associated, but as I was grabbing my biceps, I could still feel the pump even though I didn't have any soreness.. Today wil be the big test for that!

Will come back tonight with more thoguhts, could really use the assistance as tonights workout includes 10x10 bench and leg press as wella s 5x5 deads...

BCent
07-08-14, 1:33 pm
As I drink it more often and think about it, Flavor 1 is VERY reminiscent to me of an OLD animal product, which I took and LOVED. I was really disappointed when that particular product got cancelled. I really enjoy it, but surprisingly, Flavor 2 is really growing on me. I might say that I like it better than flavor 1. Mixability is really good on both of them, I think I might try flavor 2 with less water again (last time had around 10 oz). I'm liking the routine of sipping it on the walk to the gym, even if it's just a mental thing, I feel like it's helping my workouts quite a bit. Pumps are really good, recovery seems to be through the roof- which is surprising since I'm in a caloric deficit, I'm used to feeling more sore when in that state.

Yesterday I also noticed that muscular fatigue was dissipating more quickly. I was able to bump back and forth between my bench/leg press supersets with ease, and powered through deadlifts after that with more weight than I have been. I'm going to be pretty upset when I run out.

BCent
07-09-14, 8:36 pm
Today was Chest/Arms for me. Hit it pretty hard/heavy, DB bench, Low incline DB bench, high incline DB bench, machine press superset with plyo pushups, curls, extensions, hammers, cgbp....

Let me tell you... pumps were INSANE. This is the first time that I can honestly say that i felt a HUGE difference since taking project A. I felt like i could literally see my veins getting bigger while I was going. recovery was great. I'm loving this product. Thinking of getting together a quick video log, we'll see if I can get that up and running before I run out (never done it before). I still think that I wish flavor 2 was a bit stronger, but I've been experimenting with less water and that seems to make a difference. Loving it so far

J-Dawg
07-10-14, 8:58 am
Looking good in here BCent!

Yeah, that old Animal supp was an oldie but goodie.

J-Dawg
07-10-14, 8:59 am
Today was Chest/Arms for me. Hit it pretty hard/heavy, DB bench, Low incline DB bench, high incline DB bench, machine press superset with plyo pushups, curls, extensions, hammers, cgbp....

Let me tell you... pumps were INSANE. This is the first time that I can honestly say that i felt a HUGE difference since taking project A. I felt like i could literally see my veins getting bigger while I was going. recovery was great. I'm loving this product. Thinking of getting together a quick video log, we'll see if I can get that up and running before I run out (never done it before). I still think that I wish flavor 2 was a bit stronger, but I've been experimenting with less water and that seems to make a difference. Loving it so far

Nice. Insane pumps are always good! How much water are you currently using with the samples?

BCent
07-10-14, 10:28 am
Nice. Insane pumps are always good! How much water are you currently using with the samples?

I've been doing 12oz on with flavor 1, but only 10 with flavor 2. I like having flavor 2 be slightly stronger, but I've noticed that with more water, the pumps and recovery are better, so it's kind of a catch-22 for me...

J-Dawg
07-11-14, 8:48 am
I've been doing 12oz on with flavor 1, but only 10 with flavor 2. I like having flavor 2 be slightly stronger, but I've noticed that with more water, the pumps and recovery are better, so it's kind of a catch-22 for me...

That makes sense, since water is important for keeping your muscles full!

BCent
07-13-14, 11:32 am
Starting to run low on this, I gotta say i'll be a little disappointed when I run out. I know someone else said earlier that this seems to be a good hangover cure so while we're at it ill throw in something that I noticed yesterday. Went over to the beach at Coney Island with my girl on my off day, brought a water bottle full of flavor 2- it's really grown on me a lot and I actually think that it might be my preference at this point- but anyway just sipped on it throughout the day. Really weird, I usually notice that I'm pretty beat after walkin away from the beach but didn't really notice that yesterday.

As far as workouts, I still think that this is great stuff. I've been mixing flavor 1 with 12 oz and flavor 2 with only about 10, alternating either flavor either preworkout on the walk to the gym, or post workout on the walk home. Recovery seems to be great, I've noticed a lot less soreness, but maybe more importantly like Korn fed noted- I really feel like I'm able to train a bit past where I normally would- whether its more reps with a given weight, or less time between sets before I'm feeling good to go again. I've still got a few more scoops to go before I get an overall recap, but so far, I'm really loving this...