PDA

View Full Version : First Powerlifting Meet!!

Thomas An
07-02-14, 10:26 pm
Hey guys!! I'm new to the forum and its an honor reading strong and great lifter's post. I wanted to share with you my third attempts at a Meet my school held... I didn't want to make the video long! I ended up getting first in my category!! Criticism welcome!!
Squat- 140
Bench- 105 (3rd attempt failed attempt at 110)
Deadlift- 240
Total- 485
Bodyweight- 114

Video
http://youtu.be/rrmB-Y4b7rI

naturalguy
07-03-14, 8:08 am
That is a great start. It's awesome that you took that first step and competed, that separates you from a lot of people in this world. It takes balls to put yourself on the line. And now you have a base to build upon.

SquatPressPull
07-03-14, 8:58 am
Great job. Like NG said.. takes balls to do that first meet. Now, work your ass off and get more. I'm sure you are pumped up even more to do another one, I was for sure. Keep at it and keep us posted. I love to see new people start powerlifting.

I'll be watching for updates.

knotahumanbeing
07-03-14, 9:13 am
Great job man, solid work to step-up the platform. Welcome aboard! Feel free to mosey around here and ask plenty of questions. We're all here to help!

Stay Hungry
Rob

Nathan Brandhorst
07-03-14, 10:49 am
Great job man! Just keep pushin yourself every day and you will end up on the top!

Thomas An
07-03-14, 5:06 pm
Thank you guys!!! Really appreciate it!!! I was nervous at first but somehow made it!! I'll keep you guys posted.

MikeHerman
07-03-14, 5:40 pm
Not bad at all, man! Now, focus on honing in on your form and making sure you get the full press out of every lift. A lot of stuff that has helped me is finding some of the threads of the heavier lifters on the boards and watching them pull their crazy weights. Pay attention to their body and watch very closely how they pull and push with each lift. That, and watch the Animal: Big On The Basics series on YouTube. Some of the pros here go through the motions of proper form on bench, squat, deadlift, and military press. Other than that, keep grinding! It becomes an addiction.

BariJDar
07-03-14, 9:45 pm
Good stuff man! I just competed in my first powerlifting meet too this past weekend. Overall went 465/335/640. Congrats brother, I'm in the same boat as you. Looking forward to seeing you progress with me

Thomas An
07-04-14, 3:57 pm
Not bad at all, man! Now, focus on honing in on your form and making sure you get the full press out of every lift. A lot of stuff that has helped me is finding some of the threads of the heavier lifters on the boards and watching them pull their crazy weights. Pay attention to their body and watch very closely how they pull and push with each lift. That, and watch the Animal: Big On The Basics series on YouTube. Some of the pros here go through the motions of proper form on bench, squat, deadlift, and military press. Other than that, keep grinding! It becomes an addiction.

Thanks for the input!!! Will do!

Thomas An
07-04-14, 3:58 pm
Good stuff man! I just competed in my first powerlifting meet too this past weekend. Overall went 465/335/640. Congrats brother, I'm in the same boat as you. Looking forward to seeing you progress with me

Thank you!! Thats sick!! Keep lifting bro!!!