PDA

View Full Version : Should I continue to train with a sore lower back and groin

Jessejames
07-07-14, 10:52 am
Injured my back about two years ago, have been fine since. Until last week I think I strained something, my lower back and groin are sore. But the gyms calling me, should I take a hiatus?

Animal Rep
07-07-14, 11:58 am
I would rest it if there was an injury to the same area previously. Better to miss a few days of training than a few months if you really injure something

Appollonian
07-07-14, 12:24 pm
Is this injury something you fully recovered from and then just now reinjured, or has it been nagging? You say it's been fine but I'm wondering if you trained around it.

Regardless I say don't train through an injury, and training around it for long periods of time could just lead to over use injuries in other muscles. I'm not saying don't train, just figure out what's wrong and fix it.

Jessejames
07-07-14, 1:27 pm
I would rest it if there was an injury to the same area previously. Better to miss a few days of training than a few months if you really injure something

I took all last week off, the pain is not nearly as bad now, I trained last night and seem to be fine today. I've been doing some stretches and what not, maybe I should take this week off too?

Jessejames
07-07-14, 1:28 pm
Is this injury something you fully recovered from and then just now reinjured, or has it been nagging? You say it's been fine but I'm wondering if you trained around it.

Regardless I say don't train through an injury, and training around it for long periods of time could just lead to over use injuries in other muscles. I'm not saying don't train, just figure out what's wrong and fix it.

I did fully recover from the previous injury, I was very close to herniating a disc in my back, this was 2 years ago, since then have been focusin on building up my lower back, but I get frustrated when I start to feel back pain and sometimes I neglect it

weightsb4dates
07-07-14, 3:45 pm
wouldnt risk the potential damage if its possibly a serious injury, but you know your body, better than anyone else does. if anything i would just stretch and warm up, put tons of blood in and around the area via high volume light resistance movements, bump cals up a bit, for a few days or until it feels better. if it lasts over a week go see a dr.