PDA

View Full Version : Extremely specific groin pain, advice for stretching?

JetBlackZach
07-10-14, 12:35 pm
Sup guys,
So recently while squatting I've been experiencing a pain in a very specific spot on the left side of my groin. Basically it's about four inches from the top of my leg towards the inside of my body of my leg right where it connects to my pelvis (so basically about half an inch to the left of my where my dick connects to the rest of me). I'm only feeling pain at the bottom of my squat and as I come out of the hole and start coming back up. It feels like there is a small hole in my muscle that just isn't connecting and firing to get me back up. I'm currently foam rolling my legs pretty extensively including focusing on my upper legs as well as doing static stretches. I'm going to try out agile 8 before my next session tomorrow and see how that goes, but does anyone have any specific stretches they do that might hit that area?

KettleBellFreak
07-12-14, 11:53 am
Word so I had a staff infection white where my groin meets my adductor. Had like 2 inch wide 3/5 inch deep mass of scar tissue underneath my skin. I didn't realize there was anything there until about a year and a half into lifting where I was starting to squat heavy

I'd take a foam roller and roll on it with one end going into the scar tissue and the other end came out on the other side of my leg. You have to keep your other leg up or you'll lose a nut.

Also, softballs. Before you go to bed, widen that hip out and smash the muscle with a softball.

I had to master bodyweight squats again and do a lot of yoga. It sucks, makes you feel weak because there isn't a heavy bar in front of you, but worth it

And agile 8 is awesome, but limber 11 is better.

Appollonian
07-12-14, 12:28 pm
I think KettleBellFreak has some great suggestions here. I'm not fully recovered from an injury myself, but part of my pain sounds very similar to what you two are describing.

Have you seen a doctor, physical therapist, or a chiropractor for your concern? If you find a good one they can help isolate issues like this.

If you can't see one for whatever reason, or want to try on your own, my biggest recommendation that I would add is if/when you do find some scar tissue that when you try and stretch it, applying a direct force, either softball, lacrosse ball, your fingers, whatever, and then stretch and flex the muscle through a full range of motion before you try and do static stretching. If you have a really tight muscle, and/or scar tissue, stretching alone isn't going to be enough.

Also consider above and below the area of concern that you have as your body works as a system, not just isolated body parts.

The area you are talking about is harder to hit with what Iím discussing, and even harder for me to describe online, but if you have access to any mobility books or websites they can help a lot.

JetBlackZach
07-12-14, 1:25 pm
Word so I had a staff infection white where my groin meets my adductor. Had like 2 inch wide 3/5 inch deep mass of scar tissue underneath my skin. I didn't realize there was anything there until about a year and a half into lifting where I was starting to squatting heavy

Thanks for the info, how did you end up getting the staff infection diagnosed? MRI?

KettleBellFreak
07-12-14, 2:33 pm
Thanks for the info, how did you end up getting the staff infection diagnosed? MRI?

Just a simple culture test, but having it before, I knew it was staph. Just glad I caught it before it got into my blood.