PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Redstick Heavyweight Champion

Bayounix
07-21-14, 7:10 pm
Hows it going brothers? A little background: I've been lifting since 2011 with various spurts of addiction and laying off the iron due to bad time management during the semesters. Junior Chemical Engineer student, I am competing in the 2015 Redstick Bodybuilding competition in Baton Rouge. If it kills me, Im going to be the heavy champ in the novice divison. Some current stats:

Weight: 245 lbs
Height: 6' 4"
BF%: ~25%? Im not quite sure, but its too damn high.

Im going to attach a bunch of pictures and such of my current look when I get someone to take them for me.

Lifts:

Squat: 225
DL: 315
Bench: 200
Bent Over Row: 225
Military Press: 135

Measurements:
(To be filled in when I get the numbers friday)

Currently Im working on dropping fat until im around 215 lbs, I feel that right now Im carrying way too much extra weight on my that needs to be dropped off before I slowly start to build muscle until prep time. I also believe that this will make my prep time easier without having to drop as much muscle/weight. There may be a better approach to this, but this is what Im currently working on.

Diet:

I've learned through a lot of trial and error that my body HATES carbs, I bloat up and get ill from almost all sources that I have used. Since I am cutting weight anyway, Ill be doing a cyclic keto diet.
Monday-Saturday: 2800 kcal Protein: 245 Fat: 187 g Carbs: ~35 max
Sunday: 2800 kcal Protein: 315g Fat: 47 g Carbs:280 g

Sunday is a sanity/refeed day to make my work in the gym not completely futile with an insulin spike.

Every workout, every meal, every cardio session.. I see myself on stage looking like a freak of nature.

Lets get to it brothers, we've got work to do.

Bayounix
07-24-14, 5:09 pm
Today was legs and biceps, nothing too crazy.

Superset of Deadlift with smith machine rack pulls is god damn brutal however.

The high-point though? New DEADLIFT PR. 365, ripped that shit off the floor like it was nobodies business...

Bayounix
07-30-14, 11:49 am
Went to a M-W-F full body from splits. T-TH I do 40-60 minutes of cardio. Weight is dropping fairly quickly, going to weigh-in today and see how much Ive dropped since last week. Feels like im around 235.

Todays Routine:
Priority principle, starting with my weaker parts and doing my stronger near the end. all are 4 sets of 8-12

1) Alt DB Press
2) Barbell Curls
3) Bench Press
4) Bent-over Row
5) Weighted dips
6) Squats
7) RDL
8) Standing Calf Raises

My logic behind swapping to this comes from Steeve Reeves. The guy looked like a damn greek god and I think this has a lot to do it. I don't care about people on gear or not on gear, do what makes you happy. I just know that Im not on gear, and want to give this a shot just to see what happens. Since Im dropping weight it isn't really to gain anything, just to burn more calories by using the whole body. I started it Monday and Im still sore just from 4 sets of Pullups and everything else. Gunna keep it up to see what happens.

Till later when I log my weight.

Also, the fucker from my gym I contacted last week to get my measurements and shit done still hasn't contacted me back after 3 voicemails, So fuck him lol. I'll have to find someone else to do it.

Preston
07-30-14, 12:16 pm
Good luck brother! Can't wait to see your progress. 10lbs in a week seems heavy for a loss. What's your heart-rate when you're doing cardio and what cardio are you doing?

Bayounix
07-30-14, 2:29 pm
Thanks brother! Well, a lot of that is just waterweight from no carbs; I did weigh in at 235 today, its been about 2 weeks. I didn't track the few days before I made the first post honestly.

Couldn't tell ya man, the heartrate moniters on the equipment is out, I just bump up the incline and speed until I can just barely say a sentence without being out of breath if that makes any sense?

Preston
07-30-14, 3:50 pm
Thanks brother! Well, a lot of that is just waterweight from no carbs; I did weigh in at 235 today, its been about 2 weeks. I didn't track the few days before I made the first post honestly.

Couldn't tell ya man, the heartrate moniters on the equipment is out, I just bump up the incline and speed until I can just barely say a sentence without being out of breath if that makes any sense?

Yeah I would definitely keep track if you can (learn how to take your pulse) of your heart rate. I know a lot of people walk on the treadmill at an incline, or do the stair master around 130-140. I'd seek out C.Coronato - dude knows his shit with show prep if you have questions. Well shit, anyone who competes!

Bayounix
07-31-14, 10:09 am
Yeah I would definitely keep track if you can (learn how to take your pulse) of your heart rate. I know a lot of people walk on the treadmill at an incline, or do the stair master around 130-140. I'd seek out C.Coronato - dude knows his shit with show prep if you have questions. Well shit, anyone who competes!

Thanks man, I'll start checking it myself, once I get going I just wanna get that junk done with haha! I will definitely try to get in touch with him, this is just a trial run to see how I lose weight and junk so for the competition next year I know about when to start dropping weight. Not to mention Im way too heavy right now, so in my mind its worth the 2-3 months of dropping weight so that I can have a fresh slate to build off of; making the process of dropping weight for contest a bit easier.

Bayounix
07-31-14, 2:18 pm
Today was just running. 40 minutes at 3 incline, 3.3-3.5 speed range. Checked heartrate per recommendation. Stayed between 130-140. Leaning out well, retaining muscle mass. Flat as hell from no carbs but sunday I reefed before my workout. That will be a fun one.

Preston
07-31-14, 4:32 pm
Today was just running. 40 minutes at 3 incline, 3.3-3.5 speed range. Checked heartrate per recommendation. Stayed between 130-140. Leaning out well, retaining muscle mass. Flat as hell from no carbs but sunday I reefed before my workout. That will be a fun one.

You're doing one meal that day right? Not a full blown day of stuffing your face with bread right? Keep up the great work Bayou - you're doing awesome brother. Right in that fat burning zone ;)

Bayounix
08-04-14, 9:35 am
Thanks brother! I went to my favorite hibachi place and wrecked a few plates then went into the BIGGEST food coma I've ever experienced. It was beautiful. Having only that one large meal helped a lot with my sanity, and the workout that night was intense. I also retained very near the same bodyfat % as I had right before the meal, definitely leaning towards the fact that my insulin response was great for that meal. Back on diet as of yesterday. Full body workout at noon.
---

Upright Row
Barbell Curl
DB Chest Press
Barbell Incline Skullcrushers
Pullups
Squats
RDL
Calf raises w/ DB
Leg raises
----
Formatted it from my weakest to best bodyparts.

Thank you a lot for the encouragement brother! Hoping to get pictures up soon.

Bayounix
08-05-14, 2:02 pm
Another day, another run.

only 20 minutes today, had plenty to do at work and no drive to continue running on it. Just got back and Im not having my lunch consisting of:

10 oz lean steak
sautéed onions and mushrooms

Still need to go take pictures, but the difference in almost 3 weeks is startling. This is easily the leanest Ive been, Im holding onto my muscle mass.

I may have a few pictures I can put up actually...

Bayounix
08-05-14, 2:09 pm
Old: Week of July 24th, 2014

http://imgur.com/IqplxlN
http://imgur.com/VdZEcuN

New: Week of August 5th, 2014

http://imgur.com/7AN98Ih
http://imgur.com/xQfLQBk

Hopefully these will do for now.
The new ones are done flat, at least 4-5 days of no carbs.

Preston
08-05-14, 3:35 pm
Old: Week of July 24th, 2014

http://imgur.com/IqplxlN
http://imgur.com/VdZEcuN

New: Week of August 5th, 2014

http://imgur.com/7AN98Ih
http://imgur.com/xQfLQBk

Hopefully these will do for now.
The new ones are done flat, at least 4-5 days of no carbs.

Definitely cut a lot of the bloat out. You're looking great and from what you've done so far your skin is responding great! I LOVE hibachi grills....just too bad we don't have more of them around here.

Bayounix
08-05-14, 4:00 pm
Much appreciated brother! Your words of encouragement definitely have helped keep me on track. Im thinking another 4 weeks or so then I'll start to reverse diet.

Preston
08-05-14, 9:50 pm
Much appreciated brother! Your words of encouragement definitely have helped keep me on track. Im thinking another 4 weeks or so then I'll start to reverse diet.

You bet brother! Everyone should be supporting every person here! I've stood where you are standing and had your drive. I want you to succeed like I had. Keep working, stay focused.

"You may not be your creator, but the path you pave is yours alone."