PDA

View Full Version : Cottage Cheese

G Diesel
07-22-14, 1:53 pm
Perfect bodybuilding food that they've been eating since the days of Steve Reeves.

One of my favorite high protein snacks. Especially mixed with fresh berries. A cup has 25g of protein.

You guys eating yours? And if so, how and when?

Peace, G

Nix0r
07-22-14, 1:57 pm
It's usually my pre-bed meal. All I do is put black pepper on it and down the hatch it goes.

Lethall105
07-22-14, 2:40 pm
Love the stuff. Usually as a snack on some toast or pre bed/dessert after dinner with pineapple.

Off-topic, but you train as a powerbuilder right G?

All the best,
Lethall

MR. C
07-22-14, 2:55 pm
Cottage Cheese = Awesome

G Diesel
07-22-14, 3:21 pm
Love the stuff. Usually as a snack on some toast or pre bed/dessert after dinner with pineapple.

Off-topic, but you train as a powerbuilder right G?

All the best,
Lethall

I dig it.

And yeah man, I've always thought of myself as a bodybuilder, though I don't compete. But I've always placed a premium on being "strong". I don't really diet, but I try to eat clean most of the time and prioritize my protein intake and getting in my supps.

The lifestyle is a very personal thing for me and I find the gym provides me balance from the pursuits of the mind--whether those be writing or work or art projects or whatever.

Peace, G

Lethall105
07-22-14, 3:33 pm
I dig it.

And yeah man, I've always thought of myself as a bodybuilder, though I don't compete. But I've always placed a premium on being "strong". I don't really diet, but I try to eat clean most of the time and prioritize my protein intake and getting in my supps.

The lifestyle is a very personal thing for me and I find the gym provides me balance from the pursuits of the mind--whether those be writing or work or art projects or whatever.

Peace, G

Like the sound of that approach. Always been the fat kid, but can't stand being weak either. Running wendler at the moment and going to rely on the diet and conditioning work to help lean me out!

Enjoy reading DOAM as well, can't thank you enough for that. Your way with words is incredible.

All the best,
Lethall

rainman
07-22-14, 5:17 pm
100g cottage cheese.
40g oats.
3 whole eggs.
3 egg whites.

Blend it all up in one of those small smoothie blenders and use it as pancake mix. I've always found 'protein pancakes' using powder tastes like shit. These taste awesome. Especially topped with lemon juice and sweetener. Meal 1 for me every day.

dIdDy
07-22-14, 9:01 pm
I like to use it as a salad dressing.

dante
07-23-14, 12:46 am
Love it, with plenty of olive oil for some "good" fat and a diced red bellpepper for taste.

Tiger
07-23-14, 6:56 am
I'm going to have to try those pancakes, Rainman!

I've just been eating it out of the tub as my last meal of the day. I used to love mixing some chocolate whey in with it.

J U S T I N
07-24-14, 7:39 am
2 cups cottage cheese
2-4 tbsp of natural peanut butter (or pb2 powder)
1 scoop of casein
maybe a touch of maple syrup

Right before bed usually or I'll melt it on my eggs in the morning or chicken throughout the day.

As a cheat meal I'll dip some fig newtons in it... usually end up eating the whole box of em.

weightsb4dates
07-24-14, 11:28 am
mixes very nice in blended protein shakes, it adds a thick cream cheese consistancy.

i personally like it with preserves, or salsa, maybe a can of tuna now and then and some celery.

bcs4life
07-25-14, 3:03 pm
I usually eat almost a container per day. Its easy and the specs on it fit perfectly into a high protein/fat low carb diet. I am a little on the heavy side as well and getting ready to cut a little weight off to drop a class. Is this a food I should keep?

Orthodox
07-30-14, 2:22 pm
Peace to you G, been lookin out for your lastest articles. I remember traveling to wrk at 4:15 in the AM, reading your article Cinderella Man. Helped me home in on that inner strength. I give thanks bro.

Cottage Cheese with milk -before bed. I ain't waking till the morning.

P Diesel
08-01-14, 10:59 am
Perfect bodybuilding food that they've been eating since the days of Steve Reeves.

One of my favorite high protein snacks. Especially mixed with fresh berries. A cup has 25g of protein.

Peace, G

need to get back to this, i dno when i stopped or why but sounds amazing right now

P

MikeD
08-01-14, 11:19 am
Loving throwing fresh cut up strawberries in mine. If not that, a scoop of chocolate whey is my next go to.

Swolepez
08-01-14, 11:28 pm
One of the few foods I can't stomach....I even blended it with milk, Greek yogurt, pb and a banana once...I still hated it

XrawXfishX
08-02-14, 8:00 pm
Whenever I get hungry and need a quick snack until the next meal, I just eat about 1/2 a cup straight out of the container.

skibasgym
08-02-14, 8:05 pm
thanks G always looking forward for good snacks..
Skibs
skibasgym

MAB
08-09-14, 8:24 pm
100g cottage cheese.
40g oats.
3 whole eggs.
3 egg whites.

Blend it all up in one of those small smoothie blenders and use it as pancake mix. I've always found 'protein pancakes' using powder tastes like shit. These taste awesome. Especially topped with lemon juice and sweetener. Meal 1 for me every day.

This sounds amazing! I'm gonna give this one a try too. Rainman, What else do you have cooking/ baking wise?

I know it sounds weird, but cottage cheese, tuna, and fresh salsa..... Or cottage cheese, ground turkey, fresh salsa (always makes me think of lasagna when I eat it warm).

I love it with pineapple or peaches as well :)

rainman
08-10-14, 11:01 am
This sounds amazing! I'm gonna give this one a try too. Rainman, What else do you have cooking/ baking wise?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/rokin_album/BuHCb1GIQAEeAy2jpg-large_zps611d0cb9.jpeg
Add 50g of blueberries! Without them, however, I think the carbs come in at 30g or so, which would make this a good first meal if you're doing carb Backloading/ Nite, where you are limited on cabohydrates. I'd have worked out the macros for this version, but adjusted the oats down to 40g from 50 and messed about with the whole egg/ egg white ratio from when I last wrote them down, so need to sort that out.

No other cottage cheese recipes I'm afraid. I have been thinking about using the 3 egg yolks discarded from this recipe along with cottage cheese, peanut butter, flax oil and Casein Pro for a late night snack. I used to do a similar thing in the microwave to make a souffle type thing, so that's currently a work in progress, but too messy to post up yet.

Ed Eliason
08-10-14, 11:35 am
Man, those pancakes look good. I'm going to have to try them out.

Jay Nera
11-30-14, 6:29 pm

Peace, G

I love cottage cheese. You can get it in dry form as well, and add it to a salad. doesn't really have a taste so goes well with anything.

Lottawheels
12-02-14, 9:24 am
My girl just opens the container and eats it with a spoon... i think its gross lmao

Rex
12-02-14, 10:46 am
My girl just opens the container and eats it with a spoon... i think its gross lmao

You should be thankful that she is that low maintenance. So shut up...

DANO
12-02-14, 12:44 pm
Usually I eat it straight out of the container as a snack, sometimes I add pineapple.
I ALWAYS buy the large curd type though.

weightsb4dates
12-02-14, 1:19 pm
1 packet of cinnamon or pumpkin spice instant oats
2 tbsp almond butter
1 cup fat free cottage cheese

heat the oats, mix in the almond butter, then add the cottage cheese. top with cinnamon,pumpkin spice, or all spice. its like dessert.

Aggression
12-02-14, 4:31 pm
I throw in random stuff.

- cottage cheese and pb
- cc and fresh fruit
- cc and protein powder
- cc and nesquick powder
- cc, nequick powder and chocolate chips .... yes ...

CammaRHINO
12-05-14, 1:20 pm
before bed snack this is a must have when you're trying to chill on the carbs. Its the best because you can literally throw anything in with it and its good.

Aggression
12-05-14, 6:06 pm
Just had me a bowl of it mixed with fresh dice pineapple. Feelsgoodman

skibasgym
12-06-14, 12:08 pm
I eat my cottage cheese with a handful of chopped walnuts and a dash of honey. My ice cream replacement!

hkusp45
03-19-15, 5:32 pm
The only way I can stomach cottage cheese, is with a few diced radishes (for crunchiness), green onion, pepper, and some toast on the side. I tried with peaches and other types of fruit before and I swear the texture felt like I was eating spoonful's of puke.... ha!

G Diesel
03-19-15, 5:36 pm
before bed snack this is a must have when you're trying to chill on the carbs. Its the best because you can literally throw anything in with it and its good.

Word. Very flexible protein source.

Just had me a bowl of it mixed with fresh dice pineapple. Feelsgoodman

One of the best combos there is. Awesome.

Peace, G

MR. C
03-23-15, 8:30 pm
Cottage Cheese is amazing. I can live off of it. Lol.

Machine
03-24-15, 9:09 am
Interesting paper might be worth a read for widening the gaze on dairy:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11238766

When trying to get to that elusive under 10% bodyfat, forgoing dairy might be indicated for some athletes. Within the context of "normal living and training" Cottage Cheese is a protein powerhouse - tough to beat on cost per gram.

Thanks G

MACHINE

MR. C
03-27-15, 7:52 pm
Cottage cheese mixed with a scoop of animal whey

skibasgym
03-29-15, 9:04 pm
I suffer from lactose intolerance. I found Lact-Aid cottage cheese. I use it as a snack with blueberries and raspberries. Love it.