PDA

View Full Version : feeder workouts

Dan smash
07-22-14, 4:17 pm
So has anyone tried feeder workouts? i know that they’re supposed to move new blood and nutrients into the muscle after your main workout. Say for chest, I’ll do my main workout on tues, then on thurs I’ll throw a feeder in and do 5 sets of 12 at 135. Seems to keep my chest fuller longer and lessens the doms I get from the main workout. So has anyone else tried them? What kind of results did you get?

MR. C
07-22-14, 5:06 pm
So has anyone tried feeder workouts? i know that they’re supposed to move new blood and nutrients into the muscle after your main workout. Say for chest, I’ll do my main workout on tues, then on thurs I’ll throw a feeder in and do 5 sets of 12 at 135. Seems to keep my chest fuller longer and lessens the doms I get from the main workout. So has anyone else tried them? What kind of results did you get?

What's up Dan? I tried it a few times but if I did chest on say a Monday then the next day on Tuesday I would do a few sets of Bench or maybe cable flys to flush the muscle with blood. IT did help in the recovery.

dante
07-24-14, 3:41 am
I always did some extra workouts for my powerlifting routines. If I squatted heavy on mondays I would go in on tuesdays or wednesdays and do some light leg work, a lot of stuff with bands and foam roll and stretch the muscles afterwards. Same with bench and pecs, delts, tris. Helped a ton.

MR. C
07-24-14, 4:48 pm
I always did some extra workouts for my powerlifting routines. If I squatted heavy on mondays I would go in on tuesdays or wednesdays and do some light leg work, a lot of stuff with bands and foam roll and stretch the muscles afterwards. Same with bench and pecs, delts, tris. Helped a ton.

The foam rolling is key.

Jay Nera
07-25-14, 12:37 am
definitely nice to stay lose. And getting the blood flow into the area is always nice. I always liked 5x5@60 with little rest…say all in 12 mins…. or 3 sets of 8-10 at 60% to get a pump in. get in the gym, hit it quick, eat right away.

Sprint
07-25-14, 8:21 am
I find my first track session of the week helps to ease off Legs Day from the weekend. The warm up is a bit uncomfortable but then things loosen up nicely as the blood begins to flow to the muscles & the joints get lubricated. Definitely a useful weapon to have in the armory.