PDA

View Full Version : New Training Split | Second PL Meet in November

Inody
07-28-14, 5:21 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to ask what you think about my new training split. I'm on the last few weeks of my cut and I have my 2 second meet at 8th of November. I did 531 recently for several months, so the last few months my training was low volume/high intensity. Now I want to change things up a little bit and my intention with this training split is to raise volume, improving technique and building up work capacity. I would consider this as a "volume phase" and when I hit a plateau I want to lower the volume and raise the intensity to the upcoming meet (maybe 3x3 or smolov/sheiko). I want to start with 75% of my actual betless max.

So this is what I thought about:

Monday: Squat
Tuesday: Bench
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Squat/Deadlift/Bench
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Military Press
Sunday: OFF

-------------------------------

Squat Workout:
- Squat 5x5
- Leg Press 4x8-12
- Leg Curl 3x10-15
- Abs + Hyperextensions 3x10-15

Bench Workout:
- Bench Press 5x5
- Dumbbell Incline Bench Press 4x10-15
- Barbell Row 3x5+2x10
- Triceps supersetted with Biceps 4-5x8-12

Squat/Deadlift/Bench Workout:
- Front Squat 5x5
- Sumo Deadlift
- Light or DynamicEffort Bench Press supersetted with Pull Ups
- Paused Squats 3-5 Sets
- Abs

Military Press Workout:
- Military Press 5x5
- Incline Close Grip Bench Press 3x5+2x10
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x10-15
- Triceps (long head) 3x8-12
- Side Delt Raise supersetted with Rear Delt 5x10-15

And is it okay to change my trainings split at the moment because I'm still on my cut? I still want to loose about 2-4 pounds, so I'll be done in a few weeks. I'm still high in carbs, hitting PRs every now and then at my lower body weight.

J Wong
08-03-14, 10:57 pm
That looks like a decent start. I like what you said about getting closer to the meet, lowering the volume, and raising the intensity. That is the basis of how I prep for all of my meets and it has worked well.

P Diesel
08-04-14, 1:57 pm
i guess my question would be y give bench and squat their own day and even military press but not deadlift?

P

Inody
08-05-14, 1:28 am
My squat and my overhead press suffered the most while cutting, so I feel like I need to built a new base for my squats with volume at my lower bodyweight and I need to bring my technique back on point. My bench is still up and I recently just hit a deadlift rep pr, so I think my deadlift will go up with my squat and I'm better off deadlifting with low volume. Although I think 3x5 beltless sumo block pulls as an assistance exercise helped my deadlift very much the last several months. I will reintegrate them in a few weeks when I raise the intensity.

At the moment my squat has the highest priority, I want to squat 200kg by the end of the year. Therefore I replaced front squat on thursday with back squat, so I'll be squatting twice a week 5x5 and using front squat as an accessory.

Inody
08-20-14, 9:50 am
I changed my routine a little bit, wasn't really happy with deadlifting after squatting and benching. So deadlift will be my main lift once a week, therefore I'll do military press on a lower body day.

Monday:
- Squat 5x5
- Front squat 4x6-8
- Military Press 5x5
- Leg Curl 3x10-15
- Abs supersetted with Hyperextensions 3x10-20

Wednesday:
- Bench press 5x5
- Bench press against bands 3x6-8
- Shoulder press 4x10-20
- Close grip bench press or dips 3x8-10
- Pull ups 50 reps between sets

Thursday:
- Squat 5x5
- Deadlift assistance
- Leg press 4x8-12
- Abs

Saturday:
- Deadlift 5/3/1
- Pin press
- Dumbbell incline bench 5x10-15
- Barbell row
- Dumbbell curls supersetted with triceps extensions 5x8-12

My goal with this prep is to bring my squat back up and I also want to strengthen my triceps for the bench press lockout. So I hope this get's the job done!