PDA

View Full Version : Unilateral Traing

Nazarite
07-30-14, 5:15 am
Sup, hoping to get some tips and advice on training unilateral. My left side seems to hold the pump longer than my right. I used to play allot of soccer so my left leg is much stronger than my right and quads are noticeably different in size. My right arm is stronger though but all my development seems to going to the left side. Does anyone know any good workouts.

P Diesel
08-01-14, 10:25 am
i train a girl right now that was a divison 1 softball pticher and has the same issue between her arms, legs and even into her back and shoulders. incorporating unilateral trainign can def help u catch up in that regard, may take sum time. but i wouldnt shy away from standard exercises, ur weak size will catch up regardless.

P

Nazarite
08-01-14, 10:32 am
Appreciate the comment. Yeah, keeping the basics, just adding an extra 3 sets when doing for example leg press I'll just work my week leg and same with biceps.

Rex
08-02-14, 6:17 pm
Maybe you should focus your workouts on dumbbell movements. If you´re using machines, go for the Hammer Strength Version.
Other than that I wouldn´t think about this too much. Nobody is 100% balanced on both sides of his body

KettleBellFreak
08-02-14, 8:00 pm
Look up offset loading. Incredibly helpful at low weights. Wouldn't go above 70% + an offset of like 25lb on compound lifts because that shit can get scary quick.

Fst7 and an extra set or drop sets for weak side

Extra sets, drop sets, negatives, forced reps, paused reps, extra forearm curls during alternating db exercises, heavier dumbbell in weak hand, practice keeping posture in weak side the same with strong, practice posing with weak side dominant, flex weak muscles to the extreme during posing, extra stretching and mobilty shit in weak side. So many factors can work against equal musculature and strength. You brush your teeth, shake your protein, eat your meals, drive, lean on desks and tables with your strong arm. I feel like being ambidextrous could potentially build a more perfect body if the person started young enough with that equal coordination

P Diesel
08-04-14, 2:01 pm
Maybe you should focus your workouts on dumbbell movements. If you´re using machines, go for the Hammer Strength Version.
Other than that I wouldn´t think about this too much. Nobody is 100% balanced on both sides of his body

i like what Rex said about the hammer strength for unilateral training, its def a good one and about not worrying too much, it will even out and even when it does no one is 100% symmetrical. well said

P

Nazarite
08-05-14, 12:23 pm
Thanks ya'll for the tips i'll try and incorporate all in my work outs. Appreciate it.

Swolepez
08-05-14, 9:21 pm
My right arm is stronger/bigger so I stick to a lot of dumbbells...,I would incorporate hammer strength machines but my gym doesn't have any....