PDA

View Full Version : Benching for a Beginner

Orthodox
07-31-14, 4:10 am
Forget weight. Just lift as heavy as you can without losing form. I had this Chest workout I use to do in the early days of developping my chest, called it,' 20 Lashes'.

Simply used a weight I could easily handel, in this case 2Okg plate either side of the bar. And I'd do 10 sets of 10 reps on the flat bench then flick bench up to incline and do another 10 sets of 10 reps. Full reps as in fully extended arms, none of this half hearted reps you see now a days, which is really half a rep. The burn you will get is emense. Your cook those muscle fibers properly, slow, like a joint of beef.

I still use this '20 Lashes'. Only nw I just up the weight.

give it a try when things get doll and remember.....

FULL REPS, ANYTHING ELSE IS A SIN !!!

P Diesel
08-01-14, 10:17 am
once u figure out ur own body and what works for u then u can really start making the gaisn u desire. i know GUNZ is running a wild program right now that is new to him but seems to be taking him to the next level. the best there ever was

P

Jay Nera
08-28-14, 8:09 pm
That would definitely be a crazy shock to the muscles. Good ol German Volume style training….except done twice…on the same day….on the same muscles…. wow.

Pale Rider
08-31-14, 8:56 pm
I like it just going in and killing the bench

Jay Nera
10-30-14, 9:01 pm
I like it just going in and killing the bench

Kade's favourite lift is the bench because he likes to sit a lot. Just a tidbit for everyone.

OakStrong
10-31-14, 2:28 am
When I was building my bench up towards 400 a lot of variety helped me. More of s bodybuilder approach until I had a base. (Incline, flat, decline, floor press, BTN shoulder press, variety of tricep exercises, front raises.) its very important to build that solid base.

GUNZ
10-31-14, 12:14 pm
When I first started PL 5 years ago was really when I started to flat barbell bench, before my main movements was flat BD, incline BD, and cable crossovers, and variety of machines. My strong FB presses seemed to instantly convert into flat barbell bench strength. Changing things up and crazy workouts sometimes yield great results.

Pale Rider
10-31-14, 8:27 pm
Kade's favourite lift is the bench because he likes to sit a lot. Just a tidbit for everyone.

The best part about lifting weights is you can do most of it seated