PDA

View Full Version : Man in the Mirrior

Orthodox
08-01-14, 3:48 am
Why do you look at yourself when you should be training, what do you think it is that you can see? What you see and what someone else see's, are to different things, do you not know that mirriors lie? Close your eye's when you train and beam up to the Heavens, try to connect your mind with your muscles.

P Diesel
08-01-14, 10:14 am
good shit man. i think we all have sum sort of maladjusted relationship, love affair or self defeating, w that relfective surface. another thing that separates the sheep and the lions

P

Orthodox
08-01-14, 12:15 pm
Thats true P, I hear ya. Dont get me wrong ive been there, ego- trained. However, as you know, that the longer you train for the greater your love grows for this way of life. I anit chewing dried tuna for a Stringer Vest im doing it for greatness, for the life to come! To be a bodybuilder in this life is an honour, eattting more food in a day than some kids eat in a month. Where Gods chosen, we need to act like it.

P Diesel
08-01-14, 1:20 pm
Thats true P, I hear ya. Dont get me wrong ive been there, ego- trained. However, as you know, that the longer you train for the greater your love grows for this way of life. I anit chewing dried tuna for a Stringer Vest im doing it for greatness, for the life to come! To be a bodybuilder in this life is an honour, eattting more food in a day than some kids eat in a month. Where Gods chosen, we need to act like it.

agreed

P

Rex
08-01-14, 6:00 pm
Well... I can´t agree 100%.
If I watch myself in the mirror during an exercise, I certainly am not doing that in admiration of myself. I use the mirror as a tool to ensure correct movement patterns.
That being said, there are movements during which I prefer closing my eyes and just feeling my way through it, like you described.

Swolepez
08-01-14, 11:17 pm
I usually start every set with my eyes closed to make sure the mind-to-muscle connection is there from the first rep to the last....I don't necessary keep them closed throughout the whole set though

Jay Nera
08-19-14, 10:54 pm
Why do you look at yourself when you should be training, what do you think it is that you can see? What you see and what someone else see's, are to different things, do you not know that mirriors lie? Close your eye's when you train and beam up to the Heavens, try to connect your mind with your muscles.

No mirrors in my gym…

"what you see and what someone else see's are two different things" Interesting to note whether or not what a person sees in Better or Worse than what others see….because that has very different affects.