PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about running Sheiko.

RomeyGBOD
08-03-14, 10:36 pm
Hey guys I'm 17 and I'm considering running Skeiko after my meet in September. Could anyone give me any advice on it if you have used it and what you liked or didn't like and what your results were ? I'm just trying to get an idea about it and thought of no better place than the Animal Forum. Any advice or help or comments are appreciated ! Thanks guys!

mustgetbig
08-04-14, 7:44 pm
i just started running it today and started with a very high volume version. At 17 if you were gonna start sheiko id star with the lower volume programs and run those until you NEED more volume to get stronger. Im not even sure if i really need all the volume im now doing. Where are your lifts and bodyweight at right now?

mustgetbig
08-04-14, 7:55 pm
if you have an android phone theres actually a sheiko droid app. Its pretty cool.

RomeyGBOD
08-04-14, 11:05 pm
i just started running it today and started with a very high volume version. At 17 if you were gonna start sheiko id star with the lower volume programs and run those until you NEED more volume to get stronger. Im not even sure if i really need all the volume im now doing. Where are your lifts and bodyweight at right now?

Right now I'm weighing about 188 and I've hit a 585 deadlift, 455x2 squat and a 350 bench. Which version of skeiko are your running and what version would you recommend for me? Thanks a lot for helping me with this I really appreciate it!

mustgetbig
08-04-14, 11:27 pm
im running #30 , Im not sure how use to alot of volume you are but you should probably start with either 29 or 37 to get use to it. If I didnt already start 30 thats what id do.
My plan is to finish 30 and plug in my numbers as ten higher on bench and 15 on squat and 20 on deadlift and do 37 followed by 30 then transition into meet prep.

mustgetbig
08-04-14, 11:28 pm
Eric talmant is a powerlifter who has helped explain sheiko alot in english or like i said just download sheiko droid and plug in your numbers and you are good to go.

RomeyGBOD
08-04-14, 11:39 pm
im running #30 , Im not sure how use to alot of volume you are but you should probably start with either 29 or 37 to get use to it. If I didnt already start 30 thats what id do.
My plan is to finish 30 and plug in my numbers as ten higher on bench and 15 on squat and 20 on deadlift and do 37 followed by 30 then transition into meet prep.

Eric talmant is a powerlifter who has helped explain sheiko alot in english or like i said just download sheiko droid and plug in your numbers and you are good to go.

Ok thanks a lot I really appreciate it!!

mustgetbig
08-04-14, 11:51 pm
No problem if you've gotta any questions ill try to help answer them if I know the answer as I'm still new to it.

SomeDayI'llBeXL
08-05-14, 8:43 am
Boris Sheiko has his own web page. I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here, so I won't, but it's pretty east to find. On there, you will be able to find his new 3 day universal beginner program and a 4 day program for more advanced lifters. These are updated versions of the programs that have been floating around the bet for years. I'm 6 weeks in and so far so good.

RomeyGBOD
08-05-14, 6:36 pm
Boris Sheiko has his own web page. I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here, so I won't, but it's pretty east to find. On there, you will be able to find his new 3 day universal beginner program and a 4 day program for more advanced lifters. These are updated versions of the programs that have been floating around the bet for years. I'm 6 weeks in and so far so good.

Thanks I'll check it out!