PDA

View Full Version : Akron Animal Barbell Club event.... Looking to make this AWESOME!

UtilityBarbell330
08-04-14, 3:09 pm
Hey everybody! I have been to a couple animal barbell Clubs and have had a great time. I am in a new space now, and have plenty of room to host an event, and would like to get our gym visible to some people who might be looking for some like minded animals in the area, looking for a solid crew to train with. Utility Barbell is located between Akron and Canton, and currently have a 5 man powerlifting team. We train all different times but mostly in the evening, we have a brand new EliteFts monolift, a texas deadlift, and power bar, ssb, and a ton of strongman stuff also. We are a basic gym. We train the fundamental lifts alot, and believe in a lot of barbell, dumbell, pull up and dip work!

As for the event, I am looking to put together a seminar first. I have spoke to Brandon Lilly and am HOPING to get him to come up and speak. Nothing is set in stone yet he and I have talked a little. Also I thought it would be cool to have maybe like a small Last man standing for bench squat and deadlift for some prizes. The gym would provide food and drinks afterwards. Just looking for some feedback. Would like to do the event late September, early October.

WHERES MY OHIO, MICHIGAN, PENNSYLVANIA ANIMALS!!!??!!

MAB
08-09-14, 7:44 pm
This sounds like it could shape up to be an awesome time! Keep us all updated!!