PDA

View Full Version : Road to 1650@198 Before 20th Birthday

ParkerT
08-07-14, 4:06 pm
I'm gonna start taping more of my training sessions to critique my form, speed,etc. I'm starting a training log to help keep track of my progress.

I have a meet August 30th in El Dorado, KS. I'm competing in the Teen 18-19 198 classic raw division. I just turned 19 this past wednesday, so I've got just at a year to hit my 1650 goal before going up to the 20-23 division.

Based on my training, it looks like I'll be going for ~600lb Squat, ~355 Bench and ~545 Deadlift on my 3rd attempts. My past 12 week training cycle has been me doing nothing but working on form when it comes to the deadlift, so the strength is definitely soon to come. I'm looking forward to this meet, for it will be the first time I'll get to use my Inzer belt/wraps in a competition. I've been using a Wal-Mart belt and knee wraps since I started powerlifting, and they just don't really do anything for me. The wraps also have come undone on me a couple times due to pressure in the whole, almost like they were ripping. I smoked a 575 squat with the wal mart belt and wraps a couple weeks ago, so I'm sure that 600 squat will be even easier to get with better equipment.

Feel free to comment with tips and critiques on my training posts to come! Stay hungry.