PDA

View Full Version : Natural vs non natural

Jessejames
08-13-14, 5:57 pm
I've been training for 4 years , I started out at 130 and am now sitting around 170, I have plateaud and lately developed a digestive tract problem that has completely limited my diet and has left me feeling I satisfied with my build. Everyone I know reassures me I'm "big" etc but you know what they say the day you start training is the day you'll never be happy with your appearance again. I suppose that's what allows progression. More or less what I'm trying to get at is I'm thinking about takin a turn off the natural road. But I don't really know what to do or the safest way, I was thinking of speaking to my doctor. Just looking for any insight or opinions. I know it's a taboo topic. No one can really make the decision for me obviously but I'm just feeling like maybe it's time to step up and actually be happy with myself.

Cellardweller
08-13-14, 6:45 pm
If you're having some kind of digestive issue, then you need to find a way to support your nutrition. If you start taking gear it will be a waste of your time and money since you still won't have the nutrition to support growth. Talking to your doctor and maybe a dietition is a good idea.

Swolepez
08-13-14, 10:33 pm
You've been training for double the amount of time I have but honestly 4 yrs is NOT enough time to Max out your natural potential bro....I've seen people who have trained natural for 20ish yrs and are big as fuck...why are they big? Bc again, they have been training for 20 freakin yrs..on top of that they take their nutrtion really serious, as in they hardly ever miss a meal during that time...like Cellar said above, if your not eating as much then steroids aren't going to do shit for you

If you dont really know what to do or the safest route then just don't do it....

You can't tell me that a natural bodybuilder who hardly ever misses a training session for 20+ yrs and hardly ever misses a meal for 20+ yrs and eats around 6x a day won't look big as fuck.....

CammaRHINO
08-14-14, 9:25 am
What you're considering is a bigger choice than I think you realize. Cellardweller threw the best tidbit at you possible. Without being able to eat like there is no tomorrow, gear, no matter what and how much, isn't going to give you what you want. What gear does is basically increase your body's recovery, endurance, performance, and growth. All of those functions are directly related to the fuel they are given to do so. Gear greatly increases the body's ability to turn food, protein specifically for protein synthesis, into muscle. If you can't eat, well, you're not going to accomplish much other than taxing your body's systems and spending a lot of money. You will get some strength gains, that's for sure, but the results you're looking for won't be there.

Get to a doctor, have him check u out, make sure there isn't something seriously wrong with you, and go from there. Your health is nothing to screw around with, and if your considering going on, you should get as healthy as possible before you do because it certainly won't make anything wrong now any better later.

good luck brother

Tiger
08-14-14, 9:42 am
Listen to everyone here.

You've still got a lot of potential you can fulfil, and the best thing you can do right now is get your current issues resolved.

In my opinion, before you consider gear you need to ensure you're doing (and have been doing) everything else 100% on a consistent basis. If there are any flaws in your diet or training then juice will not cover them up.

G Diesel
08-14-14, 10:33 am
I think at 170 and 4 years of training, you haven't even begun to scrape your true natural potential.

Ask yourself honestly: am I eating as well/as much as I can, training as hard as I can and supplementing optimally?

Also, and this is just my opinion, unless your goals are to reach the highest competitive levels in the strength sports (which will not necessarily translate to more income) there is no point to taking things to that level. Being the big dude at the club or at your job, to me, isn't worth that leap. Especially, when with time, patience, hard work and consistency, that can be done without drugs.

Though all of us committed to this lifestyle have thought about it or been tempted from time to time, I think it is in your best interests to stay on the path you're on and remain "natural" for a few more years and see how far you can take it on your own. I doubt you will regret that decision.

Peace, G

moparguy55
08-14-14, 10:56 am
You put on 10lbs a year over those four years thats great. What we have to realize is its not a sprint its a marathon man. Like already mentioned get your digestive problem figured out. Eat big lift big and keep on setting small goals and attaining them. Everytime you go in the gym try to hit a pr over the last workout in something.

rainman
08-14-14, 5:51 pm
I am going to echo everyone else here and say I'd try and get your diet issues sorted before even thinking about anything else. This is a common theme in the replies because diet is the most important factor in bodybuilding. More so than even training in my opinion. You didn't elaborate on what problems you have, but I know a guy who has a very restrictive diet due to epilepsy. He runs keto and now takes no medication after his previous treatments gave him allergies to dairy, wheat, red meat, most fruits... the list goes on. He's competed in BB shows and I've seen him rack up 100KG p/s on plate loaded machine rows and bang reps out with ease, so most things can be overcome by being smart with your approach to problems.
I'm not going to really expand on the natural/ non natural part of your question, but I've seen people in my gym jump on way before reaching anything near their natural potential and look like a sack of shit.

Jessejames
08-14-14, 8:40 pm
Thanks everybody, I appreciate all the feedback. I'm gonna keep on the track I'm on and see what I can accomplish naturally. I do eat a lot. My digestive tract was ruined due to antibiotics I was perscribed so now I'm rebuilding it. I'm more or less on a paleo diet. Just gotta keep my head In the game . Thanks again boys

Tiger
08-15-14, 5:49 am
Sounds like the smart move to me. You're on the right path, and the more you fulfil your natural potential the better your results if you do decide to go for any form of enhancements down the line.

All the best on your journey, brother.

J-Dawg
08-15-14, 10:50 am
Thanks everybody, I appreciate all the feedback. I'm gonna keep on the track I'm on and see what I can accomplish naturally. I do eat a lot. My digestive tract was ruined due to antibiotics I was perscribed so now I'm rebuilding it. I'm more or less on a paleo diet. Just gotta keep my head In the game . Thanks again boys

Awesome man. Keep on training hard, eating right and you'll build an awesome physique that way.

In terms of helping to get back after the antibiotics, have you tried probiotics to help re-balance your intestinal flora (bacteria) back to a healthy level?

Jessejames
08-20-14, 7:46 pm
Awesome man. Keep on training hard, eating right and you'll build an awesome physique that way.

In terms of helping to get back after the antibiotics, have you tried probiotics to help re-balance your intestinal flora (bacteria) back to a healthy level?

Yeah man I'm on 150 billion probiotics per day and it's helping a lot, I'm seeing a nutritionist and he's had me go through a food sensitivity test so I'm on track it's just frustrating having this hold me back