PDA

View Full Version : chicken thighs? yes or no?

Amar
08-17-14, 7:18 am
\m/

Heyy bros...i am having eggs and chicken breast every day in my meals.
Is it ok...or should i add fish also in my diet?
Also can i sometimes switch to chicken thighs instead of chicken breast?

mritter3
08-17-14, 8:20 am
Fish is great... Def add in... Nothing wrong with chicken thighs... Tender and tasty.. A lil cheaper as well

Rex
08-17-14, 6:13 pm
Chicken thighs contain more fat and therefore calories than the breast meat.
You can definitely eat them. Just make sure they fit into your current diet...

G Diesel
08-18-14, 9:32 am
Love adding fish and chicken thighs to my diet whenever I get a chance. Awesome change of pace from boneless chicken breast and beef.

Peace, G

Altered Beast
08-18-14, 10:52 am
I've switched to chicken thighs myself. Much better tasting and far less dry!

J-Dawg
08-18-14, 11:10 am
I eat chicken thighs a few times a week. I cut off the extra fat but don't mind getting the higher fat content with the protein. Maybe not great for pre-contest but I find these good for off season and even when "dieting".

Animal Rep
08-18-14, 12:24 pm
Thighs are a good option, but as with anything else it depends on what you're currently trying to accomplish. Pre-contest I'd have to say its an obvious no because of the fat content alone. However for the rest of your training time I would certainly say go ahead and eat them They have a lot of flavor, don't dry out as much as breast meat, and are a good alternative to beef when needed as well all know beef can be hard to digest if eaten a few times a day. I would also say throw them in there because rotating your protein sources is good for your body, the response to a variety of foods is much better than when eating the same thing nonstop.

Cellardweller
08-18-14, 8:28 pm
I've been taking advantage of the summer time and grilling a pack of chicken thighs outside on the grill. The extra fat melts right off. Cook some rice or if I don't want to mess around in the kitchen I two of those rice cups you toss in the microwave for about a minute and you got 2 easy meals for @ $5.

Derek Kendall
08-19-14, 12:19 pm
I really never eat chicken thighs, but I know many who do. I usually look what is on sale and buy it in bulk. Fish is great if you can fit it in your budget. When I was bodybuilding I ate alot of talipia and cod. Dont be afraid to add red meat in your diet too. Just have a balance of all meats and you will be fine.

brentwillisbgw
08-20-14, 10:25 am
Chicken thighs taste better in my opinion, which is why I usually prefer them. I dont need to watch my fats so its not a problem. And I agree with Derek, an assortment of meats would be best. They all have different minerals and vitamins and nutrients and you'd benefit from the variety.

Rex
08-20-14, 6:53 pm
Pork is also a potential cheap and different tasting source of protein. Some cuts are actually very low in fat. Just ask you local butcher or google to find out which ones...

Tiger
08-29-14, 7:22 am
I love chicken thighs - season with salt and pepper and that's all you need!

Good when gaining, but be careful if you're cutting. Could work on high protein, low carb, mod/high fat diets, but again - make sure it fits your needs!

rainman
08-29-14, 3:36 pm
I've always gone with chicken breasts but picked up some thighs in the supermarket a few days back. I usually get a couple of 500g bags of frozen chicken breasts but got a 2KG bag of thighs for a fair bit less. I'm going to have a mess around with them in the slow cooker and try and come up with some ideas over the weekend.