PDA

View Full Version : Reminder

Orthodox
08-21-14, 2:26 am
Today in the gym, i saw a sign, a reminder of how fortunate I am. I was training legs and going through the motions, I began to moan inside myself, "my joints this, my back this..."

Then I hobbled over to the window for some fresh air and just try to pull myself together. As I look out, there was in front of me, a young boy sitting in a WHEELCHAIR! He was waiting at a bus stop , starring right back at me.
Immediately, I understood what God was showing me.

I am being weak! Some people cannot even use there legs, whether to squat or hobble over to a window, I am fortunate. Anyways,I dedicated the rest of that session to the boy in the wheelchair.

Today I saw a sign...

Rex
08-23-14, 10:29 am
Today in the gym, i saw a sign, a reminder of how fortunate I am. I was training legs and going through the motions, I began to moan inside myself, "my joints this, my back this..."

Then I hobbled over to the window for some fresh air and just try to pull myself together. As I look out, there was in front of me, a young boy sitting in a WHEELCHAIR! He was waiting at a bus stop , starring right back at me.
Immediately, I understood what God was showing me.

I am being weak! Some people cannot even use there legs, whether to squat or hobble over to a window, I am fortunate. Anyways,I dedicated the rest of that session to the boy in the wheelchair.

Today I saw a sign...

Awesome, man!
Thanks for reminding me, too.

Cellardweller
08-23-14, 12:24 pm
All of these great posts of yours are going to be lost. They are everywhere. You really need to keep them in one thread.

Swolepez
08-24-14, 1:21 am
We often take a lot of blessings in life for granted including, limbs, sight, freedom, etc...if always good to get a reminder of how fortunate we are

Orthodox
08-24-14, 4:14 am
All of these great posts of yours are going to be lost. They are everywhere. You really need to keep them in one thread.

Peace be with u. Everyone keeps telling me this, lol. What do you mean, ' one thread '? Sorry Im new to the forum bro.

Orthodox
08-24-14, 4:21 am
Thanks for replies boys. Yeah sometimes we are so focused on what's happening in our world of Iron, we forget what the deal is around us. I feel a huge shame every time I am reminded by the Spirit...

Cellardweller
08-24-14, 1:44 pm
Peace be with u. Everyone keeps telling me this, lol. What do you mean, ' one thread '? Sorry Im new to the forum bro.

When you posted your original post you had to click the "Post New Thread" button. To respond to your post or you to my post you have to click on the "Reply to Thread" button. It's not that hard.

You can have a home thread, probably under The Thoughts section and post every new post in one thread. At the top of the reply box you can title your replies/ new thought. I titled this reply just to show you. All your posts are scattered around the boards. If in as little as 6 months someone new comes here, and what you wrote speaks to him/her and wants to read more, then they are going to have a hard time finding your stuff. If it's all in one place then they could read your stuff all day long. Get it? Simple organization. Plus, we can subscribe to your home thread and get email alerts when you post something new and you can get them when we reply to your thread. Everyone wins.

Orthodox
08-25-14, 4:30 am
When you posted your original post you had to click the "Post New Thread" button. To respond to your post or you to my post you have to click on the "Reply to Thread" button. It's not that hard.

You can have a home thread, probably under The Thoughts section and post every new post in one thread. At the top of the reply box you can title your replies/ new thought. I titled this reply just to show you. All your posts are scattered around the boards. If in as little as 6 months someone new comes here, and what you wrote speaks to him/her and wants to read more, then they are going to have a hard time finding your stuff. If it's all in one place then they could read your stuff all day long. Get it? Simple organization. Plus, we can subscribe to your home thread and get email alerts when you post something new and you can get them when we reply to your thread. Everyone wins.

Many thanks