PDA

View Full Version : Top Cheat Meals?

Orthodox
08-21-14, 2:30 pm
Let's hear em...

Just witnessed my boy Wrath, drive through the snow to grab his. He devoured an X Large Pizza with Choco cake for afters. He didn't even use his hands! He even feel a sleep in the resturant afterwards.

Lool

Lethall105
08-21-14, 5:02 pm
I love getting through a whole cheesecake. I don't really enjoy pizzas and burgers and the like. Got a ridiculously sweet tooth though.

All the best,
Lethall

Rex
08-21-14, 6:58 pm
I also enjoy sweet stuff rather than burgers, pizza and so on...

I always have apple pie, ice cream, pancakes, cookies... you get the idea.

AidenNGO
08-21-14, 7:08 pm
Damn it I thought everyday was cheat meals day. So that is why I've never seen veins on my body except stretch marks everywhere. haha
I would love myself some Cheese cake, every meats with SKINS and FATS on them. Oh god, I can already taste the grilled skins from the chicken, fried catfish, medium rare steak with some fat on the edge. Brb get some napkins to wipe my watery mouth.

Tony Montgomery
08-21-14, 7:20 pm
I also enjoy sweet stuff rather than burgers, pizza and so on...

I always have apple pie, ice cream, pancakes, cookies... you get the idea.

Do you feel like these meals have any physiological effects or just psychological?

I go with the same thing cheesecake, cookies, and ice cream.

Tiger
08-29-14, 7:19 am
I've been busting my balls all week to warrant a go at an eating challenge tomorrow.

Chilli Burger
Chilli Dog
Chilli Cheese Fries
Oreo Milkshake

20 mins.

Usually, my go to is a large pizza with some ice cream afterwards. Burgers, fries, shrimp and ribs, calzone - I just go wherever the cravings lead me.

Derek Kendall
08-29-14, 10:38 am
Gotta be all you can eat sushi!

Derek Kendall
08-29-14, 10:40 am
Sweets i gotta go with a cookie cake the night before a heavy squat as well.

GUNZ
08-29-14, 10:44 am

Hell yes!! Man I don't think I can call this cheat meal since I don't diet and eat sushi at least 2 times a week. Lol

rainman
08-29-14, 3:17 pm
My Sister is coming back from Australia on Tuesday and does this 'Krispy Kreme Challenge', where her and her boyfriend eat an assorted box of 12 as quickly as possible. The challenge has been set and I am going for the record.

Lottawheels
08-29-14, 5:03 pm
Do you feel like these meals have any physiological effects or just psychological?

Well its proven that sweet food increase levels of seratonin in the brain, so it's def physiological.

Lottawheels
08-29-14, 5:05 pm
Anything from cheesecake factory. Lol
Although since I never diet I'm not sure I can call anything a cheat

Rex
09-23-14, 6:40 pm

I am ONLY looking for the physiological benefits. The Insulin rush induced by the huge amount of sugar fills out my glycogen stores...

I almost never crave for junk food. If I decide on implementing a cheat meal it´s solely for the purpose of making me better as a bodybuilder. No psycological issues involved.

Orthodox
09-24-14, 7:13 am
I am ONLY looking for the physiological benefits. The Insulin rush induced by the huge amount of sugar fills out my glycogen stores...

I almost never crave for junk food. If I decide on implementing a cheat meal it´s solely for the purpose of making me better as a bodybuilder. No psycological issues involved.

Very interesting point Rex makes. As bodybuilders, we eat to live, not for taste. After reaching my calorie requirements of a day, I ain't got no space left in my stomach, to fit even an extra peanut, let alone an extra meal. if your dieting intelligently, there are certain time gaps where you can add a little sugar, as in after training etc. It's all about timing.

JHOORNSTRA
09-24-14, 9:13 pm
I agree with Derek on the sushi, if I go too crazy, I feel like absolute ass after and it carries into the next day so it's not worth it to me...but all you can eat sushi I would tear in to...

Jay Nera
09-25-14, 7:59 pm
I like to hit up all you can eat sushi. But i make sure I fill up on better quality stuff before i start grabbing the goodies.
The first thing i do before i order anything is ask for 50 salmon sashimi…its more fun when Im with Kade because we'll order up to a 100 on the first shot sometimes…they often double check to see if its a mistake…

also, can never go wrong with a couple double cheeseburgers from five guys.

Tiger
09-26-14, 4:56 am
I've been busting my balls all week to warrant a go at an eating challenge tomorrow.

Chilli Burger
Chilli Dog
Chilli Cheese Fries
Oreo Milkshake

20 mins.

I did it in 12 mins. And then ordered another shake. Like a baus.

J U S T I N
09-26-14, 7:25 am
Sushi is definitely a favorite cheat meal of mine, but recently I have been on a sweet and salty kick. A bag of tostitos multigrain scoops with a bag of cheddar, 1 - 1.5lb of beef, bison, chicken, venison (when i can get it) whatever kinda meat then some veggies on top. After that for dessert I'll do 6 waffles stacked high with cottage cheese, maple syrup and natty PB in between them with more syrup on top.

After all of that I'm basically what you could call worthless for the next few hours...

Damios
09-26-14, 11:57 am
''Very lean beef n brown rice - if I cheat, this is how I cheat'' - Kevin Levrone :-D

Pale Rider
09-30-14, 10:25 pm
Like jay said got to do the sushi but to finish it off I might go grab some ben&jerrys after

Syringemouth
10-01-14, 4:13 pm
Pizza and beers.

Sprint
10-01-14, 7:50 pm
Damn, why am I tormenting myself with this thread 11 days out

Tiger
10-02-14, 6:17 am

I can imagine you in 12 days time lying in a food coma with empty tubs of peanut butter surrounding you.

Rex
10-08-14, 6:01 pm
Lately I have been craving cereal a lot. My favorites are frosted flakes, fruit loops and and those cinnamon squares. I have them with either water or skimmed milk with a scoop of chocolate or vanilly whey protein mixed in.

Orthodox
10-09-14, 7:17 am
Mixing a scoop of whey into whole tub of natural Greek yogurt , gives you this amazing high protein moose. Great way to treat the taste buds.

J-Dawg
10-09-14, 11:38 am
Mines pretty simple. Pizza never fails to do the trick. Second place would go to a good buffet place.

J-Dawg
10-09-14, 11:38 am

I can imagine you in 12 days time lying in a food coma with empty tubs of peanut butter surrounding you.

Haha, that's a good way to look at it! 11 days to shine on stage!

Rex
10-09-14, 6:10 pm
Mixing a scoop of whey into whole tub of natural Greek yogurt , gives you this amazing high protein moose. Great way to treat the taste buds.

That´s not a cheatmeal, Bro... Ok, maybe if you´re a 110lbs Bikini competitor...

Swolepez
10-11-14, 5:08 pm
My cheat meals change constantly but lately I like getting a family sized rotisserie chx and then I chow down....

Rex
10-11-14, 5:52 pm
My cheat meals change constantly but lately I like getting a family sized rotisserie chx and then I chow down....

What sides do you have with that?

Swolepez
10-11-14, 9:35 pm
What sides do you have with that?

Normally, not any sides..just a diet coke......later on that same day I may have ice cream but not with the chx

BMF
10-12-14, 12:53 am
I usually go with a Thai Pizza and an oreo shake or any sort of dessert.

Orthodox
10-12-14, 4:01 am
That´s not a cheatmeal, Bro... Ok, maybe if you´re a 110lbs Bikini competitor...

Lol, bikini competitor. Im nearly 300 lbs. Na, I was just referring to what you said reguarding mixing whey with your cereal. I do a simular thing with Greek yogurt, its more a desert, I guess.

Rex
10-12-14, 6:48 pm
Very interesting point Rex makes. As bodybuilders, we eat to live, not for taste. After reaching my calorie requirements of a day, I ain't got no space left in my stomach, to fit even an extra peanut, let alone an extra meal. if your dieting intelligently, there are certain time gaps where you can add a little sugar, as in after training etc. It's all about timing.

It´s al about DOING WHAT HAS TO BE DONE. Period.
That´s the recipe to success. Not only in bodybuilding but in any endeavour in life...

Sprint
10-13-14, 8:33 pm

Haha, that's a good way to look at it! 11 days to shine on stage!

You weren't too far off.

The Girl's beef stew ( plus extra helpings, leftovers are a myth, a bizarre rumour of origins unknown) and a big chocolate cake.

Rex
10-13-14, 8:38 pm
Lol, bikini competitor. Im nearly 300 lbs. Na, I was just referring to what you said reguarding mixing whey with your cereal. I do a simular thing with Greek yogurt, its more a desert, I guess.

Just kidding, bro. Your greek joghurt / Whey mix sounds awesome. I just would not consider it a cheat. Do you?

Orthodox
10-14-14, 5:16 am
Just kidding, bro. Your greek joghurt / Whey mix sounds awesome. I just would not consider it a cheat. Do you?

Check this out Rex, yeah. I was watching a Phil Heath interview, and he touched on cheat meals. He used a Burger as an example. He asks if it is really a cheat meal? One would think, well yeah. But his argument is why? Cheat meal implies that one is cheating by deviating from their planed deit but if you went to your local butchers and got some high quality ground beef, to make your buger, it would Infact work with your planed deit, being very rich in protein etc. Its funny how this burger becomes a cheat meal, when you go out to a take away, to eat it.

Rex
10-14-14, 6:21 pm
Check this out Rex, yeah. I was watching a Phil Heath interview, and he touched on cheat meals. He used a Burger as an example. He asks if it is really a cheat meal? One would think, well yeah. But his argument is why? Cheat meal implies that one is cheating by deviating from their planed deit but if you went to your local butchers and got some high quality ground beef, to make your buger, it would Infact work with your planed deit, being very rich in protein etc. Its funny how this burger becomes a cheat meal, when you go out to a take away, to eat it.

I agree with Mr. O on this one.
I´ve actually done the exact same Thing myself a couple of times already. I have a meat grinder at home. Sometimes I grind up my lean Steaks, throw them on the grill and slap the burger on a bun. That with some oven baked French fries and I´m good.

hkusp45
03-19-15, 5:49 pm
I see multiple people always say sushi on different threads about cheat meal... how is that a cheat meal???? hahaha I don't eat it that often but I don't picture it being unhealthy really.

I would say sausage pizza w/ hot giadiniera and fried calamari (as the app) or chicken wings to sub (as the app)

No dessert not big on sweets, they make my teeth feel weird.
Even though Portillos chocolate cake is pretty bomb! hahaha!

Beast145
03-19-15, 6:35 pm
Orange chicken and a Orea Frappe.

ganderson
03-20-15, 11:03 am
I see multiple people always say sushi on different threads about cheat meal... how is that a cheat meal???? hahaha I don't eat it that often but I don't picture it being unhealthy really.

I would say sausage pizza w/ hot giadiniera and fried calamari (as the app) or chicken wings to sub (as the app)

No dessert not big on sweets, they make my teeth feel weird.
Even though Portillos chocolate cake is pretty bomb! hahaha!

Sushi can be a cheat meal but it all depends on what you get. If you go with the clean sushi/sashimi that is just fish and rice, I would say no. But you can easily go with sushi thats been tempura fried or drenched/mixed with sauces that are mayo or oil based.

But for me, if I'm having a cheat meal its going to be something I wouldn't consider on a normal day. I have to agree with the burger conversation above though…if its good quality beef and you add the right stuff to it, I don't see that being too bad for you either.

skibasgym
03-29-15, 9:35 pm
One of my favorites cheat meals prior to squat days used to be pizza. However, I'm pretty fond of pot cheese pierogies these days!

Jay Nera
06-30-15, 11:16 am
Yeah, can't go wrong with an all you can eat sushi session.

Jay Nera
06-30-15, 11:18 am
But in all honesty…even when i do that sushi, i don't go nuts with the fried food. I still walk in and order at least 50 salmon sashimi to start and then go on eating normal sushi….which is really rice and fish and avocado… i mean, the food is actually healthy, its just the quantity of food that makes it a cheat.

ChuckETraps
07-14-15, 3:25 pm

Preach Big Man!

skibasgym
07-17-15, 2:31 pm
I used to treasure a cheat meal, but I try to work as hard as I can all week and hate to give it up. But pizza and Twizzlers for dessert really kick ass!

insatiableOne
07-24-15, 6:12 am
On Sunday after I get home, make popovers & eat the whole pan with syrup. Might not eat anything else for the entire day.

They almost would be a clean meal, minus the flour. Oh, the maple syrup sort of sends them over the top also.

skibasgym
07-26-15, 5:37 pm
Sushi is great but I am hungry again two hours later! lol

MR. C
07-29-15, 1:10 pm
Order me a pizza

skibasgym
08-09-15, 4:24 pm
I'm still a pizza followed by Twizzlers fan!

sgerwel1985
08-10-15, 9:25 am
I'm still a pizza followed by Twizzlers fan!

You can NEVER go wrong with Pizza.

A fellow friend/lifter of mine however turned me onto loaded nachos for a cheat meal. Use 16oz ground bison as the meat. Probably my 3rd favorite "cheat meal" behind Burgers and Pizza.

BCent
08-10-15, 10:27 am
But in all honesty…even when i do that sushi, i don't go nuts with the fried food. I still walk in and order at least 50 salmon sashimi to start and then go on eating normal sushi….which is really rice and fish and avocado… i mean, the food is actually healthy, its just the quantity of food that makes it a cheat.

Great point... for me the part that makes it a "free meal" (I hate using the word cheat as it makes it seem like I'm doing something wrong, when really I use them because they're scheduled free meals used for a purpose), is the idea that I'm not measuring it at all. When sticking to my macros throughout the days/weeks, it's freeing to sit down and just eat anything I want without thinking about what I'm eating and what quantities...

Though I do finish it with ice cream usually lol

skibasgym
09-30-15, 7:56 pm
I tried switching it up, but pizza is still my fav

Jay Nera
10-30-15, 9:47 pm
Eating pizza this very moment.