PDA

View Full Version : Leg Press

Pat21
09-16-14, 8:09 pm
Where exactly is your leg placement supposed to be on the leg press. I;m asking because the last two times I've done it i feel a sharp pain in my lower back, and it doesn't just go away i did legs yesterday and my lower back is still hurting today and theres been a weird pain shooting down my left leg. You think its cuz i don't do it right or i actually pulled or got hurt in my lower back?

Mickey
09-18-14, 12:06 pm
Your foot placement depends on what you are wanting to target; placing your feet high on the foot plate promotes strong use of the gluteal muscles and the hamstrings whereas placing your feet close together or placing them low on the foot plate results in stronger use of the quadriceps, and placing your feet wide apart causes more use of the adductors. I'm not really sure what could be causing your lower back pain, I've never had an issue such as this with the leg press but here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118045461) is a forum pertaining to the issue. You may also want to ask a seasoned lifter to spot your form while performing the lift.

Jay Nera
10-30-14, 8:28 pm
Your foot placement depends on what you are wanting to target; placing your feet high on the foot plate promotes strong use of the gluteal muscles and the hamstrings whereas placing your feet close together or placing them low on the foot plate results in stronger use of the quadriceps, and placing your feet wide apart causes more use of the adductors. I'm not really sure what could be causing your lower back pain, I've never had an issue such as this with the leg press but here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118045461) is a forum pertaining to the issue. You may also want to ask a seasoned lifter to spot your form while performing the lift.

Yes, what are you trying to target?
Pain in the low back will have more to do with what is happening with your pelvis. If it is rounding, then that is placing your lower back under unwanted stress.

Pale Rider
10-31-14, 8:07 pm
I find if the leg press has to small of foot placement I can't really use it to often or it will hurt my lower back but for where you put your feet the higher and wider hit my hammies and lower and toes flared out hits outside of my quads

P Diesel
11-03-14, 11:08 am
like jay said there is movement in ur pelvis. as u bring the weight down toward u, pull ur ass down into the seat and dnt let it rool up off the seat

P

Lethall105
11-03-14, 2:16 pm
Had the same problem a couple of years back when I started lifting. Now, I sit with my butt off the seat, more like leaning into the back pad when I leg press. No more lower back pain. Also, my foot placement is fairly narrow on the bottom of the pad since I want the emphasis to be on the quads.

All the best
Lethall