PDA

View Full Version : Written Apology

Orthodox
10-02-14, 11:50 am
Id like to apologise for the 2nd to last post that I submitted, titled, 'Imposters'. I was rebuked by my boy G Diesel ( in a positive G diesel way!) lol ;) Na, his words were just

Lately I have been getting some really positive feedback requarding my post and for that, i am very grateful. The purspose of my post was not to offend anyone but after re reading this post, i can see how it may have come across this way. I am a true believer in everybody living there own lives and I would never attempt to tare down another person, neither is it in my nature to judge another, however in this post I did, and for this i am extremely sorry, and i will therefore look to have this post removed.

Many thanks, for all your support.

Orthodox

G Diesel
10-02-14, 11:55 am
Id like to apologise for the 2nd to last post that I submitted, titled, 'Imposters'. I was rebuked by my boy G Diesel ( in a positive G diesel way!) lol ;) Na, his words were just

Lately I have been getting some really positive feedback requarding my post and for that, i am very grateful. The purspose of my post was not to offend anyone but after re reading this post, i can see how it may have come across this way. I am a true believer in everybody living there own lives and I would never attempt to tare down another person, neither is it in my nature to judge another, however in this post I did, and for this i am extremely sorry, and i will therefore look to have this post removed.

Orthodox

My man, like I said, I agreed with much of what you said. And I have felt the same way on many days. I'm just learning to better channel a lot of that energy into my own pursuit of excellence.

I know there are many times I've been accused of being a judgmental prick, so I'm working on that.

Peace, G

P Diesel
10-02-14, 1:55 pm
i am extremely outspoken. i am 100% in advocacy of speaking your mind in a real fashion. most times the reality of situations is too much for those that feel it is directed toward them. it is very easy to speak harsh, hurtful truth especially when it is sumthin that compromises ur own values or beliefs. emotion is one of the strongest tools u can use in writing or creativity. love and hate and sadness, toil and dismay. u cannot let them get the best of u brother. there have been many times ive written pages out of anger or frustration, only to be able to keep a few lines that could be used in a productive way. u have great insight and no one has more wisdom than G. he speaks the truth and seeks to guide us all.

P

P Diesel
10-02-14, 1:57 pm

Orthodox

can u PM me the post u made, id like to read it even if u dnt want it viewed publicly

P

Sprint
10-02-14, 2:44 pm
can u PM me the post u made, id like to read it even if u dnt want it viewed publicly

P

X2, having been guilty of a few outspoken rants myself.

Cellardweller
10-03-14, 4:09 pm
People have all kinds of different motivations that bring them into the gym. Some are there to rehab an injury or have injuries that prevent them from training hard anymore, but still love to go to the gym. Some are just there to get away from their wife or kids for a couple hours. Some are there because their doctor told them to "workout." Yes, people do silly stuff too. I look around everyday and shake my head, but they all aren't there to do what I do. Everyone has a different story. Probably some of them shake their head at me. I train in more of a powerlifting style so I'm sure my physique is judged all the time. Having big bicepts just isn't my thing and having abs isn't at the top of my list either. Who is shaking their head at you?

rainman
10-05-14, 9:04 am
One of the best things I've ever heard in our gym was a guy who said "I don't train to compete. I train to go out".

Fair play to him, but it's not something I've ever really gone out to do. I was pausing squats on Friday, going for sets of 10s and I was making some horrible noises coming out the hole. Noises of torture. Some people just don't want to do that shit to their body and I'm sure he'd have been rolling his eyes in his skinny jeans at the mere thought of doing them. I do things like that because I want to know what my body is capable of. I have also trained up to do the human flag, (successfully I may add- although I lost a bit of size in this quest), and have had some massive crashes on my mountain bikes that have put me out for a while because I can't quit riding toy bikes! Both detrimental to serious weight training, but I don't want to get to an age where I can't do something if I wanted to due to limitations of my worn out body.

You, me and most of the forum users here have that knowledge and we're still learning. Got to be a good thing, right?

P

X2, having been guilty of a few outspoken rants myself.

Hey guys. You'll find it on page 3 of Orthodox's Spiritual Strength entries in the Thoughts child board, (not that he'll thank me from pointing you there!)

Orthodox
10-05-14, 11:15 am
One of the best things I've ever heard in our gym was a guy who said "I don't train to compete. I train to go out".

Fair play to him, but it's not something I've ever really gone out to do. I was pausing squats on Friday, going for sets of 10s and I was making some horrible noises coming out the hole. Noises of torture. Some people just don't want to do that shit to their body and I'm sure he'd have been rolling his eyes in his skinny jeans at the mere thought of doing them. I do things like that because I want to know what my body is capable of. I have also trained up to do the human flag, (successfully I may add- although I lost a bit of size in this quest), and have had some massive crashes on my mountain bikes that have put me out for a while because I can't quit riding toy bikes! Both detrimental to serious weight training, but I don't want to get to an age where I can't do something if I wanted to due to limitations of my worn out body.

You, me and most of the forum users here have that knowledge and we're still learning. Got to be a good thing, right?

Hey guys. You'll find it on page 3 of Orthodox's Spiritual Strength entries in the Thoughts child board, (not that he'll thank me from pointing you there!)
Lol. Na, it's fine, the post is out there to be read. It's just a very unprofessional post that's all. Probably a thought I should have kept to myself.

Cellardweller
10-05-14, 2:21 pm
Lol. Na, it's fine, the post is out there to be read. It's just a very unprofessional post that's all. Probably a thought I should have kept to myself.

Its all good. We all have these thoughts. Staying humble and keeping it in perspective is part of the learning curve. "Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged!" Matthew. 7:1 The Bible gives us lots of great standards to live by, but no one is perfect. Just like having a bad day in the gym or a bad day eating, forgive yourself and move on.

Sprint
10-05-14, 7:11 pm

Got it,
Thanks, bro

Swolepez
10-05-14, 11:50 pm
we all do it from time to time but I try to think of it like this.....if I'm taking the time to judge these people on what they are doing in theygym then that means I'm not 100% focused on my own workout

Orthodox
10-06-14, 7:04 am
Its all good. We all have these thoughts. Staying humble and keeping it in perspective is part of the learning curve. "Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged!" Matthew. 7:1 The Bible gives us lots of great standards to live by, but no one is perfect. Just like having a bad day in the gym or a bad day eating, forgive yourself and move on.

" judge not less you be judged " these are great words from Lord Jesus. So powerful, Cellardweller. Many thanks

Orthodox
10-06-14, 7:09 am
we all do it from time to time but I try to think of it like this.....if I'm taking the time to judge these people on what they are doing in theygym then that means I'm not 100% focused on my own workout

You are right my friend. Thats why I think I wrote apology, because I was judging them for not being focused, when intact I was the one who wasn't.