PDA

View Full Version : Overtraining

BMF
10-07-14, 2:06 am
What do you guys think of overtraining in bodybuilding. Do you think its just an issue with undereating? or is it a training issue.

Orthodox
10-07-14, 4:45 am
What do you guys think of overtraining in bodybuilding. Do you think its just an issue with undereating? or is it a training issue.

This is hot topic. Personally, I think it depends on how quick your body recovers. If your eating and sleeping right, your recovering quicker, hence more training of a muscle. This is of course one of the benefits of anibolic assistance, this is of course one of the benefits of anibolic assistance and how pros are able to train a lot longer etc. On the other hand, if your busting your ass in the gym, ripping muscles, it is not wise to then train that muscle again the following day. To me this is where overtraining occurs. When you re open a muscle before it has completely healed. People often refer to overtraining in the sense of how long you train for. In the old time, men trained for 4 hrs aday, now it's 45 mins!

" Theres no such thing as overtraining, only under eating and under sleeping ..." IFBB Rich Piana

Tiger
10-07-14, 4:56 am

I hate the term over-training.

Perhaps under-recovering is more appropriate? Over-training sounds like an excuse to train like a pussy.

BMF
10-12-14, 12:51 am

Perhaps under-recovering is more appropriate? Over-training sounds like an excuse to train like a pussy.

Yes, yeah I agree it does sound like that I just wanted to make sure people know what I meant.

D Monstah
10-13-14, 1:46 am
I believe that if you are eating and sleeping perfectly tyen the traditional 'overtraining' doesn't exist.

That said, if you train a muscle group, rip it up then do the same the after sleeping then you never give it the chance to 'super-compensate'

D

Jay Nera
10-23-14, 7:50 pm
Myth.

But now…what is optimal is another question.