PDA

View Full Version : ask a GNC employee anything

TheTrain91
10-14-14, 9:20 pm
title says it all.
i work at GNC and will honestly answer anything you throw at me regarding this job...

JStrizz
10-15-14, 6:17 am
title says it all.
i work at GNC and will honestly answer anything you throw at me regarding this job...

How can I get a job at GNC? What do they look for?

Brometheus
10-15-14, 8:07 am
title says it all.

Do you guys sell midi-chlorians? I heard they help you exert more force in your lifts.

TheTrain91
10-15-14, 11:28 am
How can I get a job at GNC? What do they look for?

you would think they look for people knowledgeable on supps and fitness but sadly... they'd rather hire a used car salesman type

TheTrain91
10-15-14, 11:29 am
Do you guys sell midi-chlorians? I heard they help you exert more force in your lifts.

those are under the counter (;

Jay
10-15-14, 11:45 am
Do you guys have any specific training on supps before you guys go out on the store floor?

Do you guys get certain commission on products. Example Ive gone in to buy pak, guy says "eh you don't want that. check out mega man multi"

Cellardweller
10-15-14, 12:11 pm
Why should I shop at GNC vs. an internet site like BB.com or Prosource?

Why doesn't GNC carry more Universal/ Animal products?

Razor
10-16-14, 8:41 am
i seriously thought this was going to be a bash GNC thread considering the last time i went into GNC a guy told me they're finding hazardous chemicals in Pak.

P Diesel
10-16-14, 10:18 am
i seriously thought this was going to be a bash GNC thread considering the last time i went into GNC a guy told me they're finding hazardous chemicals in Pak.

oh shit, ive been taking it for 12 years. i should be dead or sumthin

P

J Wong
10-16-14, 10:41 am
How big are your biceps?

Kowboy
10-16-14, 12:06 pm
Can you get me a membership card for free? hahaha

TheTrain91
10-16-14, 12:49 pm
Do you guys have any specific training on supps before you guys go out on the store floor?

Do you guys get certain commission on products. Example Ive gone in to buy pak, guy says "eh you don't want that. check out mega man multi"

we get register training but no supp knowledge training...
we do get commission on certain products. however, these products are mostly third party and not good for our actual sales goals. this company is all about the sales goals. thats why the employee will basically beg you to buy GNC band crap. they flip out on us if our numbers are down. so the next time you want a B vitamin and end up with an eighty dollar strength pak... you know what happened.

TheTrain91
10-16-14, 12:51 pm

they'll lie about crap like that so they can sell the GNC brand paks and get their sales numbers up. i've seen my manager lie about the register being broken so he didn't have to sell products from a company other than GNC (i won't say which) so his numbers would still look good. this shit happens constantly.

TheTrain91
10-16-14, 12:51 pm
Can you get me a membership card for free? hahaha

naw we have to beg people to renew those things :(

TheTrain91
10-16-14, 12:52 pm
How big are your biceps?

not as big as my deadlift

Kowboy
10-16-14, 12:53 pm
naw we have to beg people to renew those things :(

The one by me at work has killer prices for members, the two I train w/ have it so I usually just mooch off them. They hound me to buy one...

TheTrain91
10-16-14, 1:20 pm
Why should I shop at GNC vs. an internet site like BB.com or Prosource?

Why doesn't GNC carry more Universal/ Animal products?

you shouldn't...
even my manager buys his stuff online.

and i wish i knew... haha we carry so much stuff from terrible companies but when it comes to animal/universal which are actual quality products we have almost nothing.

TheTrain91
10-16-14, 1:21 pm
The one by me at work has killer prices for members, the two I train w/ have it so I usually just mooch off them. They hound me to buy one...

it definitely does save you a ton of money...
i think bb.com has better deals and products though

Kowboy
10-16-14, 1:36 pm
it definitely does save you a ton of money...
i think bb.com has better deals and products though

Yeah, i just bought a quick multi and probiotic as I am out and just needed something for a week or two. Plus it is right by chipotle...genius location.

brokensafety
10-17-14, 6:02 pm
you would think they look for people knowledgeable on supps and fitness but sadly... they'd rather hire a used car salesman type
so sad but true, happy i quit yesterday :)
Hows your P3's?

TheTrain91
10-20-14, 7:12 pm
so sad but true, happy i quit yesterday :)
Hows your P3's?

i actually quit on monday haha
my p3s were my best number.
no one ever wanted to buy paks or renew their damn gold cards...