PDA

View Full Version : February 2015 LA Fit Expo Meet

J Wong
10-18-14, 2:14 pm
It looks like a lot of lifters from Animal are going to potentially do this meet.

From what I can gather, the following lifters are doing/strongly considering it:

-Kevin Oak
-Garrett Griffin
-BJ Whitehead
-Jay Nera
-Kade Weber
-Myself

Anybody else?

I'm looking forward to getting together with some of the team before the Arnold/Cage!

HIGA MONSTER
10-19-14, 1:37 am
Got my Invite last Friday and accepted it.

Looking forward to it. Have not been to the LA Fit Expo in a few years, competed in Strongman a few times there.
Now I am excited to be on stage lifting with some great Powerlifters.

HIGA MONSTER

J Wong
10-19-14, 7:11 am
Got my Invite last Friday and accepted it.

Looking forward to it. Have not been to the LA Fit Expo in a few years, competed in Strongman a few times there.
Now I am excited to be on stage lifting with some great Powerlifters.

HIGA MONSTER

I'm looking to reunited with you, Dad!!!!

HIGA MONSTER
10-20-14, 5:54 pm
I'm looking to reunited with you, Dad!!!!
Yes, my son!

GUNZ
10-21-14, 11:17 am
Im in guys, and ill say last year the crowd around the PL area was the biggest i had ever seen at a PL meet. This expo is the size of the Olympia, be a good meet.

J Wong
10-21-14, 9:53 pm
haha, well scratch that for me.. RUM is the same weekend. That complicates things

GUNZ
10-22-14, 11:22 am
haha, well scratch that for me.. RUM is the same weekend. That complicates things

Hopefully Animal gives us a word if they will be involved in either to help our decisions! I just don't like that RUM went back on their word all for a production crew, it wasent in best interest of the lifters.

HIGA MONSTER
10-22-14, 4:59 pm
Im in guys, and ill say last year the crowd around the PL area was the biggest i had ever seen at a PL meet. This expo is the size of the Olympia, be a good meet.
Cool bro, see you in LA then.

HIGA MONSTER
10-22-14, 5:00 pm
Bummers, son.

I was going to give you Allowance $$ too...

Love you,
DAD

J Wong
10-22-14, 8:59 pm
Hopefully Animal gives us a word if they will be involved in either to help our decisions! I just don't like that RUM went back on their word all for a production crew, it wasent in best interest of the lifters.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the same thing. Hopefully things get worked out in a timely manner with all of the deadlines coming up.

It really sucks how the Animal team seems pretty split on what meet they are going to do. At least we all get together at the Cage.

Shukin
10-23-14, 7:30 pm
L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most the time
And the feeling is "lay back"
Palm trees grow and rents are low
But you know I keep thinkin' about
Making my way back.
Hmmm,
I was planning to make the trip again to RUM to support my brethren,
I may have to rethink things.

HIGA MONSTER
10-24-14, 11:07 pm
But you know I keep thinkin' about
Making my way back.
Hmmm,
I was planning to make the trip again to RUM to support my brethren,
I may have to rethink things.
In and Out Burger...thats all you need to know.

HIGA

Cronus
10-28-14, 1:51 am
In and Out Burger...thats all you need to know.

HIGA

And Golds Venice.
There's only one of those and several In N Out all over the West Coast.

Cronus
10-28-14, 1:54 am

What part of LA is this? I want to know!

Cronus
10-28-14, 1:59 am

Hey Gunz, was this year your first time at LA Fitness Expo?

I had no idea you guys did meets while representing your other companies.
Totally missed Saturday's meet with Brandon's brutal session this year. I ended up going to Sunday's instead.
I really don't want to miss any of the Animals meets next year. Has it been decided what day ya'll gonna be going up?

GUNZ
10-28-14, 9:42 am
Hey Gunz, was this year your first time at LA Fitness Expo?

I had no idea you guys did meets while representing your other companies.
Totally missed Saturday's meet with Brandon's brutal session this year. I ended up going to Sunday's instead.
I really don't want to miss any of the Animals meets next year. Has it been decided what day ya'll gonna be going up?

Iv done La Fit expo last 2 years! This expo is just as big as Olympia and crowd is awesome.

I don't understand what u mean by saying we do other meets while representing other companies?? I always represent Animal and IronRebel every time I step on platform. We choose what meats we compete in, so as far as what any of the other Animal guys do I'm not sure. People are split between RUM amd La Fit since they fall on same day.

HIGA MONSTER
10-28-14, 10:40 pm
What part of LA is this? I want to know!
At the LA Convention Center.

Next to the Staples Center and LA Live.

HIGA MONSTER
10-28-14, 10:41 pm
I saw Kade Weber accepted his invitation, and Jordan Wong!

This was on the USPA Forum...

GUNZ
10-29-14, 10:14 am
I saw Kade Weber accepted his invitation, and Jordan Wong!

This was on the USPA Forum...

Well Jordan turned into a little hoe and backed out, he's doing RUM! Lol

And I'm not positive about Kade, but it's gonna be hard no matter what as I want to do RUM due to better competition but I'm also a man of my word. I would hate to be in Steve's position as promoter, have all these great people commit and then back out! At this point I'm leaning to staying with fit expo.

G Diesel
10-29-14, 10:35 am
Why would they book these events on the same weekend?

Genius attempt to help the sport of powerlifting grow. Fucking amateur hour man.

Peace, G

J Wong
10-29-14, 1:56 pm
Yeah, I accepted the invite with the intention of doing both meets. Based on where I live and the money I will save by doing RUM, it's a no brainer for me.

As for booking them on the same date, it's a weird situation. RUM was supposed to be held on this date again (last year the LA Fit Expo was late January) but when the RUM organizer(s) found out the LA Fit Expo fell on the same date they scrambled and tried to remedy the situation.

In a way, it kind of works out for the competitors with Animal. If what most people thought would happen happened, this would have been the line up:

February 7th-8th: LA Fit Expo

March 7th-9th: The Cage

March 21st (or even 1-3 weeks later): RUM

That would have made things very difficult to prepare for. It's just a matter of choosing which meet to compete in.

Personally, I think RUM is the more high profile meet when it comes to competitors and being the bigger raw meet itself based on it's history (and especially the one that just happened in February).

GUNZ
10-29-14, 2:31 pm
Why would they book these events on the same weekend?

Genius attempt to help the sport of powerlifting grow. Fucking amateur hour man.

Peace, G

Yes G I went off on Social media about this. Problem is La Fit Expo is a huge event ( last year was just as big as Olympia) the powerlifting had 2-3 thousand people watching but they on board with a expo and those dates can't be changed. Now what pissed me off is RUM decided to change their date to help the lifters get 2 compete in both as these are 2 premier PL meets in the US. So lifters like me, Jordan, BJ, Kade! Higga accepted the invite to La Fit. Now RUM came out last week and said they couldn't change their date, but now a TV production crew is involved and we feel they sold out for that (TV crew) instead of doing what was best for lifters and these 2 great meets. So now if a lifters decides he wants to do RUM instead they have to back out fit expo and your word! I want to compete with the best, but it's a hard pill to swallow to back out on my word.

Yeah, I accepted the invite with the intention of doing both meets. Based on where I live and the money I will save by doing RUM, it's a no brainer for me.

As for booking them on the same date, it's a weird situation. RUM was supposed to be held on this date again (last year the LA Fit Expo was late January) but when the RUM organizer(s) found out the LA Fit Expo fell on the same date they scrambled and tried to remedy the situation.

In a way, it kind of works out for the competitors with Animal. If what most people thought would happen happened, this would have been the line up:

February 7th-8th: LA Fit Expo

March 7th-9th: The Cage

March 21st (or even 1-3 weeks later): RUM

That would have made things very difficult to prepare for. It's just a matter of choosing which meet to compete in.

Personally, I think RUM is the more high profile meet when it comes to competitors and being the bigger raw meet itself based on it's history (and especially the one that just happened in February).

Jordan I was just giving you ruff time, do what's best for you!!

J Wong
10-29-14, 4:10 pm
Jordan I was just giving you ruff time, do what's best for you!!

ha I know man. I am just as irritated about it as you are for basically the same reasons.