PDA

View Full Version : Professional nutritionist plan Bulking, Cutting, 2 u all for FREE

MwkSmg
11-10-14, 10:39 am
Hello Brothers,

Every time I join a forum, I lurk around A LOT and use all of its threads to my advantage in terms of gaining knowledge. I also like to give back when I am a part of a community. Being an Animal consumer for 2 years and recently joining this awesome forum, I would like to begin by sharing the knowledge I received after sitting down and meeting with a professional UK bodybuilder and paid for his consultation and meal plans that is designed for ME personally given my STATS. Now lets get something straight, I am not saying the information I am sharing FITS everyone, shit, it probably only fits me. However, the point of this thread is to serve as a benchmark for a lot of you guys out there who are new to this to give you an idea of what your macros should be, what your caloric intake should be, and how to divide different nutrients into your diet. I am no way shape of form a huge body builder or a professional dietitian. I am a simple amateur body builder who became obsessed with body building in the past 1.5-2 years.

My biggest issue was understanding how food works and how to implement it with my goals. I spent countless days researching the internet for information, talking to bro science dudes, conducting 3-4 weeks diet trial and errors, and looking at big mofos and trying to do what they do. It drove me insane, so I said fuck it and paid a professional bodybuilder to examine my stats and build something that FITS me. What I paid for in terms advice and tips from him is yours today for free :). Before we get into this, please understand that I am providing you with what the guy gave me based on my stats. If your stats matches mine, awesome, you got a free meal plan built by a professional. If you're bigger than me or smaller than me in terms of stats, you at least have benchmark macros to go off and you cut or increase your intakes based on that.... Just a simple guideline really. This also should give you a comparison when dealing with a nutritionist vs trying to get our information online :).

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying this is perfect, I am right, you are wrong, your diet sucks, my diet is awesome, nor am I trying to flame or spark controversy with people who have different approaches to dieting/training.

Alrighty, so, a little about myself. Picked up training almost 2 years ago and never looked back. As I mentioned above, I am not a huge dude who is 6% body fat. My stats are as follow:
Height: 190cm or 6.1"
Peak Bulking Weight: 90 to 93kg or 205-210lbs
Peak Cutting Weight: 80 to 82kg or 180lbs
Current Weight: 86kg or 187lbs "On cutting period after my bulk"
Body Fat: Between 11-14% depending on what I am doing in terms of diet
Training: 6 days a week no exception of bulking or cutting for 2 to 2 and half hours. No cardio when bulking, cardio 3-4 times a week when cutting for 20-25 minutes "I do a lot of walking outside of the gym."

Training schedule:
Sunday: Back - 2 simple Tri workouts - Abs
Monday: Chest - 2 simple Bi workouts - Abs
Tuesday: Shoulder - Traps - Abs
Wednesday: Off day
Thursday: Bi - Tri - Arms - Abs off
Friday: Chest again - Abs
Saturday: Leg day
Yes, I do chest twice. No reasoning behind it, I just like to focus one day on upper chest and the other on lower chest.

The findings given my weight at the time "85kg" are as follows:

BMR: 1920
TDEE: 2900
To maintain my current weight I need: 2900 Calories

To bulk:
3200 Calories and adjusting after 2-3 weeks. He suggested a very safe approach because he is a firm believer that eating everything that is not nailed down is not the appropriate way of approaching bulking "to each his own on this concept." This is what has been working for me for a while though. I am patient, its fine.

To cut:
2650 Calories, which actually surprised me because it seemed so little when compared to TDEE. His reasoning is that some people who don't know any better assume that cutting is eating like an anorexic and doing cardio until your feet fall off. In return you will lose a lot of weight off the scales and most of it will be muscle. One thing I think we can agree on is a lot of non professional builders are way too consumed mentally with what the scale tells them and usually associate weight loss to "losing fat".... when in reality the majority of your "fat" off the scale is coming from your muscles. I am definitely guilty of this point. With that said, his approach is as slow as possible when cutting to maintain as much muscle as possible. He told me "Once you start losing weight massively every week and you're really happy with what the scale tells you, know that you're losing a lot of muscle." This is what has been working for me for a while. I am patient, its fine.

What I really loved about this guy is he keeps it as SIMPLE as possible. You have some trainers who give you meal plans that are so detailed and complicated that in complete honesty, freaking suck and I bet you 10000% that they won't work for you. Do you know what diets I am talking about? The type of diet that tells you "for meal 2: 3oz of the rarest white cod fish that can be found in the depths of the arctic sea" or the meal plans that tell you "for meal 2: 5oz of Russian salmon imported by a private jet and infused with holy water blessed by the pope for pure source of salt." These type of diets.... they all fucking suck. Do you know why? Because they work great for PROFESSIONALS who literally get paid to eat, sleep, and train. For the average joe like you and I, we have access to whatever Castco blesses us with, bro. And that's his approach.... simple as possible.

With that said, he broke down the macros in a very simple manner. One thing to add, his approach included putting 2g of protein per lb and about 0.25 - 0.30g of fat per lb. Please note that the figures below are not set in stone figures... more of a guideline because at the end of the day, your body is the best most professional nutritionists in the world, so listen to it, it will give you the best feedback. Also note that he said not to count in vegetables into your macros and eat as much as you want of them!

Given my stats:

To maintain 2900 Calories should be divided on:
Carbs: About 220g
Fat: About 55g
Protein: About 380g

To cut 2650 Calories should be roughly divided on:
Carbs: About 140g

To bulk 3200 calories should be divided on:
Carbs: About 260g
Fat: 56g

I asked him why in all 3 plans the protein or fat portion doesn't change? Since he is keeping it as simple as possible, he says that he is giving my body way more protein than it needs whether I am maintaining, cutting, or bulking and in either case, protein wouldn't hurt me much, other than the whole cholesterol rising but who cares, I love my steaks! lol. Now, if I was professional bodybuilder preparing for a contest, of course they will vary quite significantly. But yet again, this is an average joe benchmark type of Macros.

Now how does that translate into food? Do you need to eat 8 little meals a day? do you need to eat 4 meals pre workout and 2 meals post workout? Do you need to stop eating carbs at 6 pm because it will make your tummy fat? Do you need to set an alarm at 4 am to wake up to drink Casein protein and 6 almonds to trigger the hormonal growth affect that goes alongside your dopamine production that triggers muscle synthesis that will result into a pre post modern metabolic state of muscle construction? IT DON'T FUCKING MATTER, SON! EAT YOUR GOD DAMNED MACROS!!! Even if it means getting your last 50g of carbs at 8 pm 2 hours before you sleep! You see how I used some fancy words like "metabolic, catabloic, and muscle synthesis"???? That means what I am saying must make sense because all bodybuilding hobbyist including myself love to read these words in an article or thread :p. The bottom line, bro, it doesn't freaking matter if you eat 12 god damned meals a day over 30 minute intervals or eat 3 meals.

Alright, so how does all of this bullcrap I've been talking about translate into meals wise in your average day?

Here is a simple breakdown of an average day. I should note that since I am a stubborn asshole, I don't stick religiously to the macro division mentioned above. I mix it up every now and then and you need to as well. We can only eat so much god damned chicken, oats, and spinach, it will eventually drive us insane! Mix it up, man!! But yet again, shit, don't.... what do I know, I am just another guy at the gym giving you advise on what to do. This is just my PERSONAL opinion.

Average meal plan when maintaining or what I consider mini "bulking" for me. Animal packs vary but this is what I use with this diet :).

Breakfast:
Animal Pak
Animal cuts
80g of oats
200g of egg whites
1 small whole egg
200ml Almond milk

Day Snack:
250g low fat greek yogurt
30g mixed nuts
Serving of fruit "But bro, fruit sugar will make me fat, bro." Have you heard of anyone getting fat from eating fruits, bro? eat your god damned serving of fruit, bro.

Lunch:
140g Lean meat
80g brown rice
100g green salad
10g olive oil
Big ass serving of veggies
Second animal cuts

Afternoon snack/pre workout:
120g lean meat
80g brown rice
Animal pump 45 mins before lifting

Immediately post workout "Actually when I am on my last set of finisher workout":
10g creatine
Animal Nitro
Banana "But bro, again, sugars from fruits will make you fat, bro" No bro they won't.

5 minutes Post workout:
50g Whey protein shake

Dinner:
140 Lean meat
Big ass serving of veggies "Bro does it really matter what type of vegetables to eat post work out, bro?" No, bro, it doesn't because you are not a professional Mr Olympia scale athlete, eat your god damned veggies
250g potatoes
10g olive oil "But bro, olive oil has fat in it, that means I will get fat, bro." No it doesn't because there are different types of fats and fats are actually good for you, bro. Just not doughnut fats, bro.

So what does all of this mumbo jumbo translate to??
Calories 3000 give or take
Carbs: 300g give or take
Protein: 240g give or take. I usually go well beyond that though because I love beef.
Fat: 75g give or take.

If you notice, I, myself, deviated from my Macro list and it has been working great for me. Why? I believe that even with a meal plan "custom built" for you can never be a 10000% accurate for the simple fact that every single body is different. Unless you have doctors literally calculating how much you burn sitting down, sleeping, working, running, lifting, etc etc, you will never nail down EXACTLY how much grams per what nutrient you need to grow, maintain, or cut. That's when "listening to your body" comes in. You use your macros as your benchmark guidelines! Based on them, you keep adding/removing protein, carbs, and fats to fit your current goals or what you are doing in terms of bulking, maintaining or cutting. How do I support this argument? Money, bro. I sought and paid for professional advise from a bodybuilder/nutritionist and he provided me with something that was about 70% accurate. It is not because he was a shitty bodybuilder..... it is because the 30% was up to me and my body to alter the diet based on the feedback I am getting from the current meal plan :).

Conclusion: Yes, I consider myself a newbie and have been doing this for roughly 2 years, however, I have a very obsessive personalty when it comes to what I am passionate about. In 2 years, I would say I went through 14 different types of diets. Some of them were shit, some of them were blind, some of them were great. Trial and error trial and error trial and error, and a little bit more trial and error! I always try a diet for 2-3 weeks... measure changes regardless of how insignificant they are and move on to the next diet. What I stated in this thread is what seems to be working for ME.... and I hope it works for the average joe who likes lifting, has a busy job, tight schedule, and doesn't have the budget of a professional sponsored bodybuilder. Listen to your body...... just listen. Don't freak out if you lose so much weight or gain too much weight on a new diet. That doesn't mean its absolutely horrible... it just needs tweaking. Even when you nail that diet to be absolutely perfect for you, expect to alter it again in 2 months or so when your body hits plateau :).

Again, I state the disclaimer that I am no way shape or form a big bodybuilder, a professional health expert, or a lifting veteran. I am merely a guy just like a lot of you who loves lifting and is still learning about dieting and how to dial in your macros to fit your goals.

I hope this was not too long of a boring write up. To some of you veterans I know this is stupid ass general knowledge that you already know, but I truly hope it could help some of the members who are new to the game and are/were struggling as much as I am with dialing in macros.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and I do apologize in advance if I stepped on anyone's toes by contradicting or challenging their views on their diets/training.

Thanks,

K-

Rex
11-19-14, 10:48 am
Hello Brothers,

Every time I join a forum, I lurk around A LOT and use all of its threads to my advantage in terms of gaining knowledge. I also like to give back when I am a part of a community. Being an Animal consumer for 2 years and recently joining this awesome forum, I would like to begin by sharing the knowledge I received after sitting down and meeting with a professional UK bodybuilder and paid for his consultation and meal plans that is designed for ME personally given my STATS. Now lets get something straight, I am not saying the information I am sharing FITS everyone, shit, it probably only fits me. However, the point of this thread is to serve as a benchmark for a lot of you guys out there who are new to this to give you an idea of what your macros should be, what your caloric intake should be, and how to divide different nutrients into your diet. I am no way shape of form a huge body builder or a professional dietitian. I am a simple amateur body builder who became obsessed with body building in the past 1.5-2 years.

My biggest issue was understanding how food works and how to implement it with my goals. I spent countless days researching the internet for information, talking to bro science dudes, conducting 3-4 weeks diet trial and errors, and looking at big mofos and trying to do what they do. It drove me insane, so I said fuck it and paid a professional bodybuilder to examine my stats and build something that FITS me. What I paid for in terms advice and tips from him is yours today for free :). Before we get into this, please understand that I am providing you with what the guy gave me based on my stats. If your stats matches mine, awesome, you got a free meal plan built by a professional. If you're bigger than me or smaller than me in terms of stats, you at least have benchmark macros to go off and you cut or increase your intakes based on that.... Just a simple guideline really. This also should give you a comparison when dealing with a nutritionist vs trying to get our information online :).

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying this is perfect, I am right, you are wrong, your diet sucks, my diet is awesome, nor am I trying to flame or spark controversy with people who have different approaches to dieting/training.

Alrighty, so, a little about myself. Picked up training almost 2 years ago and never looked back. As I mentioned above, I am not a huge dude who is 6% body fat. My stats are as follow:
Height: 190cm or 6.1"
Peak Bulking Weight: 90 to 93kg or 205-210lbs
Peak Cutting Weight: 80 to 82kg or 180lbs
Current Weight: 86kg or 187lbs "On cutting period after my bulk"
Body Fat: Between 11-14% depending on what I am doing in terms of diet
Training: 6 days a week no exception of bulking or cutting for 2 to 2 and half hours. No cardio when bulking, cardio 3-4 times a week when cutting for 20-25 minutes "I do a lot of walking outside of the gym."

Training schedule:
Sunday: Back - 2 simple Tri workouts - Abs
Monday: Chest - 2 simple Bi workouts - Abs
Tuesday: Shoulder - Traps - Abs
Wednesday: Off day
Thursday: Bi - Tri - Arms - Abs off
Friday: Chest again - Abs
Saturday: Leg day
Yes, I do chest twice. No reasoning behind it, I just like to focus one day on upper chest and the other on lower chest.

The findings given my weight at the time "85kg" are as follows:

BMR: 1920
TDEE: 2900
To maintain my current weight I need: 2900 Calories

To bulk:
3200 Calories and adjusting after 2-3 weeks. He suggested a very safe approach because he is a firm believer that eating everything that is not nailed down is not the appropriate way of approaching bulking "to each his own on this concept." This is what has been working for me for a while though. I am patient, its fine.

To cut:
2650 Calories, which actually surprised me because it seemed so little when compared to TDEE. His reasoning is that some people who don't know any better assume that cutting is eating like an anorexic and doing cardio until your feet fall off. In return you will lose a lot of weight off the scales and most of it will be muscle. One thing I think we can agree on is a lot of non professional builders are way too consumed mentally with what the scale tells them and usually associate weight loss to "losing fat".... when in reality the majority of your "fat" off the scale is coming from your muscles. I am definitely guilty of this point. With that said, his approach is as slow as possible when cutting to maintain as much muscle as possible. He told me "Once you start losing weight massively every week and you're really happy with what the scale tells you, know that you're losing a lot of muscle." This is what has been working for me for a while. I am patient, its fine.

What I really loved about this guy is he keeps it as SIMPLE as possible. You have some trainers who give you meal plans that are so detailed and complicated that in complete honesty, freaking suck and I bet you 10000% that they won't work for you. Do you know what diets I am talking about? The type of diet that tells you "for meal 2: 3oz of the rarest white cod fish that can be found in the depths of the arctic sea" or the meal plans that tell you "for meal 2: 5oz of Russian salmon imported by a private jet and infused with holy water blessed by the pope for pure source of salt." These type of diets.... they all fucking suck. Do you know why? Because they work great for PROFESSIONALS who literally get paid to eat, sleep, and train. For the average joe like you and I, we have access to whatever Castco blesses us with, bro. And that's his approach.... simple as possible.

With that said, he broke down the macros in a very simple manner. One thing to add, his approach included putting 2g of protein per lb and about 0.25 - 0.30g of fat per lb. Please note that the figures below are not set in stone figures... more of a guideline because at the end of the day, your body is the best most professional nutritionists in the world, so listen to it, it will give you the best feedback. Also note that he said not to count in vegetables into your macros and eat as much as you want of them!

Given my stats:

To maintain 2900 Calories should be divided on:
Carbs: About 220g

To cut 2650 Calories should be roughly divided on:
Carbs: About 140g

To bulk 3200 calories should be divided on:
Carbs: About 260g
Fat: 56g

I asked him why in all 3 plans the protein or fat portion doesn't change? Since he is keeping it as simple as possible, he says that he is giving my body way more protein than it needs whether I am maintaining, cutting, or bulking and in either case, protein wouldn't hurt me much, other than the whole cholesterol rising but who cares, I love my steaks! lol. Now, if I was professional bodybuilder preparing for a contest, of course they will vary quite significantly. But yet again, this is an average joe benchmark type of Macros.

Now how does that translate into food? Do you need to eat 8 little meals a day? do you need to eat 4 meals pre workout and 2 meals post workout? Do you need to stop eating carbs at 6 pm because it will make your tummy fat? Do you need to set an alarm at 4 am to wake up to drink Casein protein and 6 almonds to trigger the hormonal growth affect that goes alongside your dopamine production that triggers muscle synthesis that will result into a pre post modern metabolic state of muscle construction? IT DON'T FUCKING MATTER, SON! EAT YOUR GOD DAMNED MACROS!!! Even if it means getting your last 50g of carbs at 8 pm 2 hours before you sleep! You see how I used some fancy words like "metabolic, catabloic, and muscle synthesis"???? That means what I am saying must make sense because all bodybuilding hobbyist including myself love to read these words in an article or thread :p. The bottom line, bro, it doesn't freaking matter if you eat 12 god damned meals a day over 30 minute intervals or eat 3 meals.

Alright, so how does all of this bullcrap I've been talking about translate into meals wise in your average day?

Here is a simple breakdown of an average day. I should note that since I am a stubborn asshole, I don't stick religiously to the macro division mentioned above. I mix it up every now and then and you need to as well. We can only eat so much god damned chicken, oats, and spinach, it will eventually drive us insane! Mix it up, man!! But yet again, shit, don't.... what do I know, I am just another guy at the gym giving you advise on what to do. This is just my PERSONAL opinion.

Average meal plan when maintaining or what I consider mini "bulking" for me. Animal packs vary but this is what I use with this diet :).

Breakfast:
Animal Pak
Animal cuts
80g of oats
200g of egg whites
1 small whole egg
200ml Almond milk

Day Snack:
250g low fat greek yogurt
30g mixed nuts
Serving of fruit "But bro, fruit sugar will make me fat, bro." Have you heard of anyone getting fat from eating fruits, bro? eat your god damned serving of fruit, bro.

Lunch:
140g Lean meat
80g brown rice
100g green salad
10g olive oil
Big ass serving of veggies
Second animal cuts

Afternoon snack/pre workout:
120g lean meat
80g brown rice
Animal pump 45 mins before lifting

Immediately post workout "Actually when I am on my last set of finisher workout":
10g creatine
Animal Nitro
Banana "But bro, again, sugars from fruits will make you fat, bro" No bro they won't.

5 minutes Post workout:
50g Whey protein shake

Dinner:
140 Lean meat
Big ass serving of veggies "Bro does it really matter what type of vegetables to eat post work out, bro?" No, bro, it doesn't because you are not a professional Mr Olympia scale athlete, eat your god damned veggies
250g potatoes
10g olive oil "But bro, olive oil has fat in it, that means I will get fat, bro." No it doesn't because there are different types of fats and fats are actually good for you, bro. Just not doughnut fats, bro.

So what does all of this mumbo jumbo translate to??
Calories 3000 give or take
Carbs: 300g give or take
Protein: 240g give or take. I usually go well beyond that though because I love beef.
Fat: 75g give or take.

If you notice, I, myself, deviated from my Macro list and it has been working great for me. Why? I believe that even with a meal plan "custom built" for you can never be a 10000% accurate for the simple fact that every single body is different. Unless you have doctors literally calculating how much you burn sitting down, sleeping, working, running, lifting, etc etc, you will never nail down EXACTLY how much grams per what nutrient you need to grow, maintain, or cut. That's when "listening to your body" comes in. You use your macros as your benchmark guidelines! Based on them, you keep adding/removing protein, carbs, and fats to fit your current goals or what you are doing in terms of bulking, maintaining or cutting. How do I support this argument? Money, bro. I sought and paid for professional advise from a bodybuilder/nutritionist and he provided me with something that was about 70% accurate. It is not because he was a shitty bodybuilder..... it is because the 30% was up to me and my body to alter the diet based on the feedback I am getting from the current meal plan :).

Conclusion: Yes, I consider myself a newbie and have been doing this for roughly 2 years, however, I have a very obsessive personalty when it comes to what I am passionate about. In 2 years, I would say I went through 14 different types of diets. Some of them were shit, some of them were blind, some of them were great. Trial and error trial and error trial and error, and a little bit more trial and error! I always try a diet for 2-3 weeks... measure changes regardless of how insignificant they are and move on to the next diet. What I stated in this thread is what seems to be working for ME.... and I hope it works for the average joe who likes lifting, has a busy job, tight schedule, and doesn't have the budget of a professional sponsored bodybuilder. Listen to your body...... just listen. Don't freak out if you lose so much weight or gain too much weight on a new diet. That doesn't mean its absolutely horrible... it just needs tweaking. Even when you nail that diet to be absolutely perfect for you, expect to alter it again in 2 months or so when your body hits plateau :).

Again, I state the disclaimer that I am no way shape or form a big bodybuilder, a professional health expert, or a lifting veteran. I am merely a guy just like a lot of you who loves lifting and is still learning about dieting and how to dial in your macros to fit your goals.

I hope this was not too long of a boring write up. To some of you veterans I know this is stupid ass general knowledge that you already know, but I truly hope it could help some of the members who are new to the game and are/were struggling as much as I am with dialing in macros.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and I do apologize in advance if I stepped on anyone's toes by contradicting or challenging their views on their diets/training.

Thanks,

K-

It would be interesting to know who made this plan for you.

Jay Nera
11-30-14, 12:27 am
It would be interesting to know who made this plan for you.

I am curious too.

Also, thank you for taking the time to write all of this for everyone.

Rex
11-30-14, 10:54 am
I am curious too.

Also, thank you for taking the time to write all of this for everyone.

Judging by the lack of contributors in this thread, most guys are too lazy to read through all of it though...

DANO
11-30-14, 2:15 pm
A ton of good info and advice right here.

rainman
11-30-14, 2:23 pm
I read it, but admittedly didn't post at the time. It was well written, even though I was a bit worried it was going to go IIFYM mid way through. Good to see fruit in there and enthusiasm for his plan. Still waiting for OP to post a Journey though.

Pale Rider
11-30-14, 4:51 pm
seems like a solid plan to follow

Swolepez
11-30-14, 7:48 pm
I read it, but admittedly didn't post at the time. It was well written, even though I was a bit worried it was going to go IIFYM mid way through. Good to see fruit in there and enthusiasm for his plan. Still waiting for OP to post a Journey though.

Same here, I had read it a few days ago but never posted...I like this plan....it's plain and simple, just get your calories and macros in at the end of the day/24hr period...no excuses, no need to over-complicate things

DaveAB
08-18-15, 10:15 am
Thank you for putting this together. Definitely some good tips.