PDA

View Full Version : Football

dergrinch20
12-03-14, 9:18 am
Is there one (Powerlifting) program for American Football you prescribe over the rest? I´m a young athlete, that is an general beginner lifter.

Cellardweller
12-03-14, 1:46 pm
Is there one (Powerlifting) program for American Football you prescribe over the rest? I´m a young athlete, that is an general beginner lifter.

I think anything you do to bring up your bench, deadlift and squat will cross over to football. Pick a program, stick to it and eat.

dergrinch20
12-03-14, 2:57 pm
Ok:)

I`ll start a Program that`s more specifity. Like WSB4SB. But that`s for an intermediate Lifter.

You know a good Program for an Beginner?

Cellardweller
12-03-14, 6:20 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43321-Strength-Program

You already have a thread going about this same topic. Just pick something and stick to it.

Be decisive.
Be consistant.
Have goals.
Have a plan.
Have a meal plan.
Bust your ass.
Believe in yourself.

P Diesel
12-04-14, 1:35 pm
ur not gna find any one program tailored to ur needs. my suggestion would be to read up a bunch of porgrams and create your own using one as a template. JTS Stringth would be a good place to start

P

dergrinch20
12-04-14, 3:23 pm
I think i`m not experienced enough to make my own program.

I`ll go with an etablished program. Could you recommend one?

Nix0r
12-04-14, 4:27 pm
There is a Juggernaut Method for Football. You could probably look into that if you wanted a truly football-specific program. If all else fails, you can probably Google and find some college program's training routines.

P Diesel
12-05-14, 9:38 am
ur not gna find any one program tailored to ur needs. my suggestion would be to read up a bunch of porgrams and create your own using one as a template. JTS Stringth would be a good place to start

P

Strength*

GunRock
12-18-14, 5:09 am
It's an older book but it's a classic. Since you're a beginner without (I assume) a strength coach try that one and have someone video your lifts. Post the links here and we'll help critique your form.
costs about $29 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/The-Strongest-Shall-Survive-Strength/dp/B000GK2BLU

Good luck

dergrinch20
12-18-14, 5:22 am
It's an older book but it's a classic. Since you're a beginner without (I assume) a strength coach try that one and have someone video your lifts. Post the links here and we'll help critique your form.
costs about $29 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/The-Strongest-Shall-Survive-Strength/dp/B000GK2BLU

Good luck

I know the book. Thats the Bill Starr`s Routines.

Do you have any experiences with the workouts?

Big Wides
12-18-14, 5:40 am
If your looking for a football routine, doesn't your team have organized off season training sessions that are ran by a coach? If they do, then go to that and do the program outlined, this not only builds up team unity but you will be training for a sport. To be honest, a powerlifting template isn't going to best prepare you for the football field as it lacks some of the sport specific training elements. For football training I would focus on the following:

Squats
Power Cleans/Hang Cleans
Incline Bench
Deadlifts
Bench
Overhead Press
Plyos
Sprints

The focus needs to be on getting explosive and having your fast twitch muscles faster and stronger than they already are. My first stop would be with your coaches to see if they have a program outlined and when team lifting sessions are.

dergrinch20
12-18-14, 8:58 am
If your looking for a football routine, doesn't your team have organized off season training sessions that are ran by a coach? If they do, then go to that and do the program outlined, this not only builds up team unity but you will be training for a sport. To be honest, a powerlifting template isn't going to best prepare you for the football field as it lacks some of the sport specific training elements. For football training I would focus on the following:

Squats
Power Cleans/Hang Cleans
Incline Bench
Deadlifts
Bench
Overhead Press
Plyos
Sprints

The focus needs to be on getting explosive and having your fast twitch muscles faster and stronger than they already are. My first stop would be with your coaches to see if they have a program outlined and when team lifting sessions are.

Thanks

I think i`ll switch to powerlifting. Could you recommend a program for that?