PDA

View Full Version : 525 Deadlift PR

GunRock
12-15-14, 11:45 am
Pulled 525 at the SPF Body By George Push/Pull. Most I've ever done. In fact, I didn't know if it would even move when I stepped up to the bar. Then when I got it, the loader on my right said I needed to put more weight on the bar and I looked at him like, "Dude I didn't know I was going to get this! I got to head back to the lab and come up with a plan for next time so I don't leave anything on the platform! (Good problem to have though all things considered)

http://instagram.com/p/wkRE1PC7eF/?modal=true

J-Dawg
12-15-14, 11:50 am
Pulled 525 at the SPF Body By George Push/Pull. Most I've ever done. In fact, I didn't know if it would even move when I stepped up to the bar. Then when I got it, the loader on my right said I needed to put more weight on the bar and I looked at him like, "Dude I didn't know I was going to get this! I got to head back to the lab and come up with a plan for next time so I don't leave anything on the platform! (Good problem to have though all things considered)

http://instagram.com/p/wkRE1PC7eF/?modal=true

Way to push through it and hit that big PR! From the video, it looked easy for you!

John Grey
12-15-14, 12:11 pm
That looked like a warm-up! Awesome job!

gsingle
12-15-14, 1:32 pm
That bar flew up. Nice job man!

Failsafe
12-16-14, 9:09 am
This is amazing brother. Amazing job blasting through!

GunRock
12-18-14, 3:38 am
This is amazing brother. Amazing job blasting through!

Thanks brother! It was a pretty emotional feeling and on the drive home I actually am glad that I was alone because as it started to sink in, I couldn't stop thanking God for bringing me so far this year. Can't wait to see what He does for me next year, or even better what He does THROUGH me!!!

GunRock
12-18-14, 3:42 am
Way to push through it and hit that big PR! From the video, it looked easy for you!

I last tried to go over 500 back in March at a competition the weekend after I first pulled it at the 2014 National ABC. I couldn't even budge the bar. Then I had all of the issues with my injury and the two surgeries on my right leg so I couldn't pull more than 450 at a meet in August. Granted that was only 9 days after my final surgery but that was still in my head when I pulled 500 for my second attempt.

I picked 525 because it was originally a go for it number I'd put on my planned attempts list for the meet. I still want to get in the mid 500s in a full meet and I'll get my chance at USAPL Military Nationals in March. Hopefully, it'll happen then for me.

GunRock
12-18-14, 3:43 am
That looked like a warm-up! Awesome job!

Hey after what I'm seeing you do on IG, I gotta do my best to keep up!

GunRock
12-18-14, 3:45 am
That bar flew up. Nice job man!

Yeah it surprised me. Then the loader tells me to put more weight on the bar next time and I looked at him thinking, "Man, I didn't think I was going to get this!" Lol. It was fun though that was a loooong day!

Go Away
01-07-15, 11:01 am
Yep... put your training max to 535 at least. Maybe even 550! That shit flew up.