PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder injuries

Mawuk
12-30-14, 3:42 pm
Hey im suffering a shoulder injury at the moment, anyone here also dealt with it? What do you recommend for good recovering: streches and stuff like that ? Mark.

Maccabee
12-30-14, 6:37 pm
What kind of should injury?

teperry46
12-30-14, 7:37 pm
Im sort of in the same boat, Im not really going through an injury, but I experience a lot of shoulder pain sort of on and off. Some days its my right one, some days my left. It seems weird haha so Im not really sure whats going on.

P Diesel
12-31-14, 8:48 am
depends on what kind of injury, there are many when dealing w a shoulder. none are the same

P

Mawuk
12-31-14, 12:42 pm
What kind of should injury?
Shoulder capsule tears, the doc said it would heal by itself so im asking for any tips of others who dealt with those kind of injuries too.

Mawuk
12-31-14, 12:44 pm
Im sort of in the same boat, Im not really going through an injury, but I experience a lot of shoulder pain sort of on and off. Some days its my right one, some days my left. It seems weird haha so Im not really sure whats going on.
Damn thats bad you didnt go do the doc ?

teperry46
12-31-14, 2:51 pm
Damn thats bad you didnt go do the doc ?
nah It hasnt gotten too bad yet, sometimes I dont have any pain and feel great, other times it really affects the amount of weight I can lift. Im just riding it out until I know if theres something consistently wrong, or its just from the stress of lifting as much as I do, if that makes sense

Mawuk
01-01-15, 7:00 am
nah It hasnt gotten too bad yet, sometimes I dont have any pain and feel great, other times it really affects the amount of weight I can lift. Im just riding it out until I know if theres something consistently wrong, or its just from the stress of lifting as much as I do, if that makes sense
Yes that makes sense :P. well i hope for you that it recovers quickly!

Maccabee
01-02-15, 10:06 am
You guys need to see a professional. I had shoulder pain on and off for years. I didn't get it looked at and last year around December I had a tear. I was being stupid and now I am suffering for it. I could have avoided it all just by going to see a doctor.

naturalguy
01-02-15, 12:14 pm
It really depends on the severity of your injury, I'd talk to your doctor. I have battle some shoulder injuries over the years.

skibasgym
01-02-15, 2:19 pm
I unfortunately have been thru a total tricep separation followed by a labram tear and shoulder reconstruction. I am on the road back to the platform. I have so much advice to share, most of which by Lou Simmons. Email me at skibasgym@icloud.com or give me a call at 732-598-9369. I'll gladly pass the info along.

Mawuk
01-03-15, 4:19 pm
I unfortunately have been thru a total tricep separation followed by a labram tear and shoulder reconstruction. I am on the road back to the platform. I have so much advice to share, most of which by Lou Simmons. Email me at skibasgym@icloud.com or give me a call at 732-598-9369. I'll gladly pass the info along.
I'd like to hear some advice from people like you, ill send you an email!

Mawuk
01-03-15, 4:30 pm
You guys need to see a professional. I had shoulder pain on and off for years. I didn't get it looked at and last year around December I had a tear. I was being stupid and now I am suffering for it. I could have avoided it all just by going to see a doctor.
Damn thats bad.. i hope you recover well :/ .. i just started in the gym again just doing the things i can. I don't want to make my shoulder hurt more so if it hurts bad again i am going to take an mri scan. Thanks

moparguy55
01-04-15, 1:40 pm
I seperated my left shoulder 10 years ago incline hammer strength machine. Just stopped training for like a year. I been back in the gym for a year and a half. 6 weeks ago it let go again flat benching. This time small tear in the outter pec and anterior delt. Looking over my first ful meet video my form was pretty bad. Full flaring on the press and partially flared in decent.

I went to see an osteopath and physio after that for 3 weeks. Lots of exercises provided. Seeing a sports doctor is the best bet.

Mawuk
01-04-15, 2:08 pm
I seperated my left shoulder 10 years ago incline hammer strength machine. Just stopped training for like a year. I been back in the gym for a year and a half. 6 weeks ago it let go again flat benching. This time small tear in the outter pec and anterior delt. Looking over my first ful meet video my form was pretty bad. Full flaring on the press and partially flared in decent.

I went to see an osteopath and physio after that for 3 weeks. Lots of exercises provided. Seeing a sports doctor is the best bet.

Well that sounds pretty pretty bad! I don't even want to think about stopping for a year. Even on the hammer machine you can fck your shoulder up, you would think its safe... i'm going to see a sport physio.

Cellardweller
01-04-15, 4:27 pm

This was me. I cut out incline bench press and fixed my form on strict overhead presses and no more pain. Could just be you need a break or you need to reexamine how you're doing something.

sgerwel1985
01-16-15, 8:52 pm
Shoulder capsule tears, the doc said it would heal by itself so im asking for any tips of others who dealt with those kind of injuries too.

I had a very similar injury about 4 years ago. Before the injury i was really starting to get in a regular routine, and bam the injury happened. I got so deflated and took some time off, which was a mistake because a few weeks off turned into almost 1 year off and ballooning up to 312lb... Long story short, maybe take some time off, just not TOO much time off ;).