PDA

View Full Version : Video: Barebones Bodybuilding with Roman Fritz

Animal Rep
01-06-15, 2:38 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEW1Ph3sqjw

What is "Barebones Bodybuilding"? It's "limited" bodybuilding. Maybe you're traveling. Maybe your gym isn't as fully equipped as you like. Whatever the reason, there's no excuse not to train – not to get something from next to nothing. If you've got the will, Animal is here to show you the way.

In this, the second installment, we focus on IFBB Pro Roman "Rex" Fritz who recalls his roots lifting in a basic boarding school gym. Rex devises a brutally simple leg session using only a barbell loaded with 225 lbs. Digging deep, Roman pushes through a gut-busting workout consisting of ten sets each of both squats and walking lunges. When the fancy equipment is unavailable and the bullshit excuses are cast aside, all that is left is effort. And desire.

G Diesel
01-06-15, 2:45 pm
Roman KILLED it. As always, he is the epitome of intensity.

Peace, G

Swolepez
01-06-15, 7:30 pm
I like when Roman said it was a Simple but not Easy workout.....the basics are always the toughest...

papercut
01-09-15, 12:25 pm
so I was feeling frisky yesterday, decided to give this workout a go. legitimately one of the hardest leg workouts I've done. by set 4 my legs were already filling with lactic acid and by set 8 had to use just an empty bar(shameful I know but anything to finish the workout) crazy how tired you can get from just 2 exercises. definitely something people should give a try make sure to check your ego at the door otherwise you'll be in for some humble pie.

Swolepez
01-09-15, 2:16 pm
so I was feeling frisky yesterday, decided to give this workout a go. legitimately one of the hardest leg workouts I've done. by set 4 my legs were already filling with lactic acid and by set 8 had to use just an empty bar(shameful I know but anything to finish the workout) crazy how tired you can get from just 2 exercises. definitely something people should give a try make sure to check your ego at the door otherwise you'll be in for some humble pie.

Did you start w/ 225 on the bar? I think I would start w/ 135 personally lol...

papercut
01-09-15, 9:29 pm
Just 135. I'm crazy but not that crazy. Haha but even with that low of weight. Doing it with short rest periods and upersetting it with the walking lunges makes the 135 feel like so much more.