PDA

View Full Version : Georgia ABC 1/3/2015 What A Way To Start The Year!!!

GunRock
01-09-15, 12:47 am
So the holidays are a time for family right? . . .and parties so what else would a normal person do after working twelve hour shifts all through the holidays? That's right, I got in touch with the rest of Georgia and we had an ABC at our favorite gym Iron Beast Barbell! Gym owner and powerlifter Marcel Allen got in touch with Universal sponsored athlete figure competitor/powerlifter Leanna Carr who agreed to drop in to give some tips and join in the madness. (I got to get that guy onto The Forvm!) Even though some brothers from our chapter got sick and couldn't attend, it was still a good time. Afterward, we ate possibly the best ribs in America at Cheddar's Casual Café right around the corner!

If you feel like you missed out...well you did but at least you can check out the pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780025595385218.1073741872.123495907704860&type=1

Next stop The Cage!!!

Failsafe
01-09-15, 9:09 am
So the holidays are a time for family right? . . .and parties so what else would a normal person do after working twelve hour shifts all through the holidays? That's right, I got in touch with the rest of Georgia and we had an ABC at our favorite gym Iron Beast Barbell! Gym owner and powerlifter Marcel Allen got in touch with Universal sponsored athlete figure competitor/powerlifter Leanna Carr who agreed to drop in to give some tips and join in the madness. (I got to get that guy onto The Forvm!) Even though some brothers from our chapter got sick and couldn't attend, it was still a good time. Afterward, we ate possibly the best ribs in America at Cheddar's Casual Café right around the corner!

If you feel like you missed out...well you did but at least you can check out the pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780025595385218.1073741872.123495907704860&type=1

Next stop The Cage!!!

Amazing pictures. Looks like it was an amazing turnout. Great pics boombostic!

J-Dawg
01-09-15, 10:18 am
Great job guys--you had an awesome turnout for this event Gunrock.

GunRock
01-11-15, 3:03 am
Great job guys--you had an awesome turnout for this event Gunrock.

Thanks J-Dawg. I know it's only our second one so I'm not doing cartwheels down the stairs yet but for a New Year's event with nobody knowing in advance that we had a special guest coming, it was pretty nice.

If I can ever get the gym owner signed up on The Forvm I think we can make Iron Beast the Skiba's of Georgia. Lofty goal I know but it's got the iron cred, atmosphere and a solid rep among powerlifters. I just found out that Pete Rubish trains there among the other top powerlifters who walk through the doors on the regular and that's where Leanna said she learned to lift heavy.

It was a good time.