PDA

View Full Version : Workout to pack on brute muscle

amar655
01-12-15, 10:00 pm
So after a long stint of little weight training I am reentering the weight pit. I lost around 10 pounds, but now im ready to put on some crazy amounts of mass. I want to get stronger and bigger quick, so will this 6 week 3 times a week program help me out?

Doing this all three days;
Incline Bench 10x2
Barbell Row 10x2
Clean and Press 10x2
Barbell Curls 10x2
Skullcrushers 10x2
Squats 10x2

I will be eating like a horse on this program and this will be a high intensity workout, doing weights that will make me hit failure around 10. Focus on adding 5 pounds every other workout to every lift. Once again im only doing this to build up a base amount of muscle/strength before I go into other programs that are more specialized so to say. Thoughts comments concerns?

Lottawheels
01-12-15, 11:18 pm
So after a long stint of little weight training I am reentering the weight pit. I lost around 10 pounds, but now im ready to put on some crazy amounts of mass. I want to get stronger and bigger quick, so will this 6 week 3 times a week program help me out?

Doing this all three days;
Incline Bench 10x2
Barbell Row 10x2
Clean and Press 10x2
Barbell Curls 10x2
Skullcrushers 10x2
Squats 10x2

I will be eating like a horse on this program and this will be a high intensity workout, doing weights that will make me hit failure around 10. Focus on adding 5 pounds every other workout to every lift. Once again im only doing this to build up a base amount of muscle/strength before I go into other programs that are more specialized so to say. Thoughts comments concerns?

I don't think this is a good plan. For size, you're going to want more volume, and you most certainly don't want to do the same workout every time. I say find a program that has either a body part focus each day or lift focus each day with accessory lifts.
Something like:
Deadlift (add back, bis, core, extra shoulder work)
Squat (add extra leg (flutes/hams/quads and core work)
Bench (add rows, shoulder work, tricep work)

Or more of a bodybuilding split like:
Back and bis
Chest Tris shoulders
Legs abs

You will get more variation and better results with a plan that's hitting your body in different ways and allowing more volume with the exercises your doing. And aside from that its all about how much your eating. I take universal real gains and it really helps pack on pounds when I need it.

P Diesel
01-13-15, 9:59 am
i agree w Larry

P

Swolepez
01-13-15, 2:04 pm
The program you wrote looks more like a beginner routine where the person would train 2x a wk w/ full body workouts while focusing on compound movements....if your a beginner it may be fine but at 3x a wk I would at least shoot for a push/pull/legs type of split....this would allow a little more volume to your workouts and allow you to focus on certain body parts during your training instead of training every body part every training session..

Also don't rush to put on muscle mass, it's a marathon, not a sprint. You can expect results but don't except anything unrealistic in 6 wks....also don't get discouraged if your not adding 5lbs on your lifts every workout...there are other ways to see if your body/muscles are responding to your training: amount of weight lifted, less rest time between sets, able to do more sets, increase of reps w/ the same weight, etc..

Jay Nera
01-27-15, 10:09 pm
Agree with Larry as well.

Pale Rider
01-31-15, 1:20 pm
Larry put it best